Now THIS Will Be Fun! Satanic Temple To Put Statue At Oklahoma Capitol Building!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Now THIS Will Be Fun! Satanic Temple To Put Statue At Oklahoma Capitol Building!
Apparently, the Satanic Temple of New York is in the process of making a Satanic statue to put at the Oklahoma State Capitol building, where a monument of the Ten Commandments resides. They filed an application in December to put the statue next to the Ten Commandments monument. I'm going to love watching Republicans flip their shit over this one!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/05/03/...le-statue/

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Now THIS Will Be Fun! Satanic Temple To Put Statue At Oklahoma Capitol Building!
They have no choice except to allow it. They invited it.

Stupid theists.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Now THIS Will Be Fun! Satanic Temple To Put Statue At Oklahoma Capitol Building!
My mom's upset about it. She says,"And this is where we see that 'one nation under God' is just thrown out the window." I said,"Perhaps, but in the spirit of equality, religious freedom and freedom of expression, all of the other religions have to be given equal rights."

"Honey, I'm not even going to discuss this. I'm just disgusted right now."

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
04-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Tell your mom that the phrase "one nation under god" was borrowed from the Nazis after WW II

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
04-05-2014, 05:50 PM
(04-05-2014 04:21 PM)Charis Wrote:  My mom's upset about it. She says,"And this is where we see that 'one nation under God' is just thrown out the window." I said,"Perhaps, but in the spirit of equality, religious freedom and freedom of expression, all of the other religions have to be given equal rights."

"Honey, I'm not even going to discuss this. I'm just disgusted right now."

Pfft, that line was added much later. Remind her of your constitution, you know, a document that actually matters... not some stupid pledge that don't mean shit.

I fucking love this story, it completely restores my faith in humanity every time I see an update. I had no idea the spaghetti monster was to be another statue, that is fantastic. God damn I hope the courts rule to allow the monuments to stay, it would mean so much more if you have a hindu monkey, flying spaghetti monster and a pedo-satanaist statue all alongside the 10 commandments.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
04-05-2014, 05:55 PM
(04-05-2014 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Remind her of your constitution, you know, a document that actually matters

Unfortunately, 'Murica's fundamentalists believe that the constitution supports their religious ideals.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Freedom of THEIR religion.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Nice overall rendering but what's that thing coming out of the top of his head? Confused Anyone know anything about this Baphomet guy?

I guess I'm not up on my fictional pagan characters... I must have assumed they are all much the same. Mea culpa. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
(04-05-2014 06:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Nice overall rendering but what's that thing coming out of the top of his head? Confused Anyone know anything about this Baphomet guy?

I guess I'm not up on my fictional pagan characters... I must have assumed they are all much the same. Mea culpa. Dodgy

From what I'm gathering here, Baphomet is often depicted with 3 horns, one of which symbolizes light in some form (one version of him is said to have a candle on that horn or something).

... y no es tu culpa. Tongue

I really think this statue will garner many protests and lots of grafitti.

04-05-2014, 06:48 PM
(04-05-2014 06:36 PM)Charis Wrote:  From what I'm gathering here, Baphomet is often depicted with 3 horns, one of which symbolizes light in some form (one version of him is said to have a candle on that horn or something).

So, that's supposed to be a candle? Consider Huh.

Then, I would have him hooked up to gas and give him an eternal flame! There's no accounting for ingenuity in the art world, these days. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post