Now that's a lot of cocaine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Now that's a lot of cocaine
(30-05-2013 07:21 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 05:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Every time they make these huge busts they then go on to say it had 0 effect on the actual availability and price of the drug. Just more proof that it is a failed experiment and should be ended.

Long term, I'm sure. But that must have been the lion's share of the North American market for a few day. The dealers won't have the goods for sale today. Just have to hold off until Sat, when the next load arrives in.

In all likelihood it was but a small fraction of what is actually available and most dealers I used to know kept a small supply on them at all times just in case of a bust up the line.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Sure it might not be a lot in the whole grand picture. BUT, this was probably from one individual cartel (didn't read the article), so surly it must be a blow to that individual cartel?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-05-2013, 08:11 PM
(30-05-2013 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure it might not be a lot in the whole grand picture. BUT, this was probably from one individual cartel (didn't read the article), so surly it must be a blow to that individual cartel?

Yeah 1 group of kingpins will be replaced by another because of this but unless you are actually in the cartel nothing will change.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-05-2013, 09:08 PM
From government and NGO studies, the US consumed 300-400 tons per year around 2002, and consumption has grown every year since then. So I'm guessing at least 400 tons per year. 12,000 pounds is several days of cocaine for the US.

I wonder why Americans like cocaine so much... Over a third of the world's supply is funneled into America. :O

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
30-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Let's see... six tons... and I do... so that equals... yeah, that'll get me through the weekend. Thumbsup

"Street value" is bullshit. "Major dent in da supply" is bullshit.... anything else?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Yeah, even if several days of cocaine are lost, there is usually a surplus, and even if there isn't the cartels will just ship more cocaine over the border to take advantage of the supply gap. One gang's loss is another's opportunity.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
31-05-2013, 01:05 AM
(30-05-2013 09:37 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Let's see... six tons... and I do... so that equals... yeah, that'll get me through the weekend. Thumbsup

"Street value" is bullshit. "Major dent in da supply" is bullshit.... anything else?

Your liver must hate you, cantor.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade