Now that same sex marriages are legal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Now that same sex marriages are legal
People get married for all sorts of reasons, its not always about love and sex.

Should same sex siblings be allowed to marry? What about same sex parent / child marriages(assuming both are consenting adults). I think you could argue in good faith that heterosexual incestual marriages should be illegal but what is the good faith argument that same sex incestual marriages should be illegal?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Now that same sex marriages are legal
Quote:People get married for all sorts of reasons, its not always about love and sex.
Yes

Quote:Should same sex siblings be allowed to marry? What about same sex parent / child marriages(assuming both are consenting adults).
Yes

Quote:I think you could argue in good faith that heterosexual incestual marriages should be illegal
I wouldn't

Quote:but what is the good faith argument that same sex incestual marriages should be illegal?
because god thinks buttsecks is icky

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
10-09-2015, 09:21 PM
I already married my dog. He won't give me a divorce.
Anyone that wants to set up a civil union should be able to do so, with whomever they wish, for whatever reason they wish.
Drop the word "marriage".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2015, 09:22 PM
^Agreed
I'm all for the separation of romance and state. Of course, that would never fly with the fundie Xtians, because "Eww, civil unions are those things that those God-hating gays get."

[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
10-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Trololol, Blowme. You silly fuck.

Seriously though, I don't give a damn. As long as it's not harming anyone, you do you. I might think it's icky, but then I also think eating snails is icky. I've never tried it, and I have no current wish to do so, but I'm not gonna pretend that I'm in a position to judge others for wanting to, unlike you.

And now these three remain: desire, consent and empathy. The greatest of these is empathy. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
10-09-2015, 09:26 PM
(10-09-2015 09:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I think you could argue in good faith that heterosexual incestual marriages should be illegal but what is the good faith argument that same sex incestual marriages should be illegal?

You're kidding, right?
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Well, there might be some legitimate arguments against incestuous procreation. Should it be illegal? No, but I would definitely advise against it.

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
10-09-2015, 09:30 PM
(10-09-2015 09:27 PM)cactus Wrote:  Well, there might be some legitimate arguments against incestuous procreation. Should it be illegal? No, but I would definitely advise against it.

I think his point (if there was one) was that same sex incestual couples can't procreate.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Facepalm
I have never understood these leaps.
[+] 3 users Like 7R0MM3L's post
10-09-2015, 09:36 PM
I did not think HB cared about these kinds of moral questions, due to him not being xian or muslim etc, and having created his own deity???

As for my opinion as to it being legal to marry a direct sibling, science has already proved it being bad genetically.

I suppose it was ok for the Ptolemy's, but look at what became of them? Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post