Now that same sex marriages are legal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Now that same sex marriages are legal
(10-09-2015 09:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Blink What is the rationale other than it is icky?

Dogma for the most part I'd guess.

Its earliest roots may be in propagating the tribe. Who knows?

Are you suggesting there are times when a society might have good cause to incentivise opposite sex marriages?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 10:06 PM
(10-09-2015 09:53 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  The battle cry of the troll.

So sayeth pablo the troll.

Dammit, ya got me.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-09-2015, 10:07 PM
(10-09-2015 09:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Dogma for the most part I'd guess.

Are you suggesting there are times when a society might have good cause to incentivise opposite sex marriages?

Are you suggesting that people who are not really heterosexual attempt to live in heterosexual marriages ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2015, 10:07 PM
(10-09-2015 09:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Dogma for the most part I'd guess.

Its earliest roots, refers to the dawn of humanity. But I don't know the facts. Which is why I asked who knows?

It may have become obvious after too many deformed babies were born. I do know incest was looked down upon in the classical world. Of course we do not know about Carthage. We could speculate the tophet was filled with baby bones born of incest, or that they were in a simple cemetery, or they were sacrificed. And this is only approx' 2200 years ago.

There is less we know than we actually do.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-09-2015, 10:15 PM
(10-09-2015 10:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Are you suggesting there are times when a society might have good cause to incentivise opposite sex marriages?

Are you suggesting that people who are not really heterosexual attempt to live in heterosexual marriages ?

Depends on how much money is involved.
10-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Opposite sex marriage was incentivised recently in Australia. This was called "The baby bonus" and was only given to couples who
procreated. It was also seen as vote buying. A sad habit of that particular government.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
10-09-2015, 10:26 PM
(10-09-2015 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Opposite sex marriage was incentivised recently in Australia. This was called "The baby bonus" and was only given to couples who
procreated. It was also seen as vote buying. A sad habit of that particular government.

I don't know about Australia, but the United States government needs a growing population or some programs like social security and medicare will collapse.
10-09-2015, 10:46 PM
(10-09-2015 09:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  People get married for all sorts of reasons, its not always about love and sex.

Should same sex siblings be allowed to marry? What about same sex parent / child marriages(assuming both are consenting adults). I think you could argue in good faith that heterosexual incestual marriages should be illegal but what is the good faith argument that same sex incestual marriages should be illegal?

I don't give a flying fuck what consenting adults do with each other. And I don't understand why anyone would.
[+] 5 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
10-09-2015, 10:47 PM
(10-09-2015 10:26 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Opposite sex marriage was incentivised recently in Australia. This was called "The baby bonus" and was only given to couples who

I don't know about Australia, but the United States government needs a growing population or some programs like social security and medicare will collapse.

I wont comment on America's attitude to health care on this thread. Here I only really care about human equality. Australia does not allow same sex marriage. Although it is coming. And I feel it is a disgrace to discriminate in such a way.

Shame on Australian politicians who lack the guts to join the enlightened world. At least we do not hang on to the barbaric practice of execution. (Forgive the pun)

But that is not much to say really.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Im not understanding this thing that others think about others sex life??? I mean really what's the point!?? Other then just being a nosy twat that wants to make sure others live the way they want them too is the only reason I can think of.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post