Now that you're older.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Now that you're older.....
How do you see yourself and the world around you and times past?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Now that you're older.....
...que?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-07-2016, 05:31 AM
Long running soap opera with an inconsistent and irrational plot, but still just interesting enough to keep it from getting cancelled.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
17-07-2016, 06:07 AM
All stupid but me!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
17-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Nuts. The whole thing is crazy. Hobo

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-07-2016, 07:15 AM
My life's probably like a romantic comedy Hobo

Now that I'm older: More expansive worldview, I don't sweat the small stuff as much, I live the life I want instead of trying to make other people happy (church, God, family), I am much more comfortable in my own skin.

I stopped giving two fucks about society's definition of what a woman should look like and stopped watching every bit of food I ate and stopped exercising like a crazy person just to be "super skinny".

I was 103 pounds at 5'6'' and was told by the modeling agency I went to back in the day to lose five pounds! Now I eat and workout in a healthy manner (with the occasional cupcake here and there Wink ) and have toned curves. I get much more attention from men now that I have some T and A than I did when I was super skinny starving myself and working out like a crazy person. I wish I could have told my younger self that. Undecided
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
17-07-2016, 07:27 AM
(17-07-2016 04:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  How do you see yourself and the world around you and times past?

Disbelief, disrespect, disgust or with a longing for times long gone from a society now driven relentlessly by greed, mindless technology, a lack of compassion, political corruption, global corporatists, and violence as the "answer" for everybody's problems.

Funnily (?) enough, I can now hear in my own words those of my father more than 50 years ago. The world now belongs to the youthful and the self-centred and the mercenary. And as my dear old mother used to say, "You can't put an old head on a young body". As a callow youth, I used to laugh at her saying this whenever I—invariably—fucked something up.

I'm also surprised at the overall lack of genuine societal involvement that Gen Y displays as they cruise through life buried within the bogus "world" of their touch-screens and earbuds. They complain about the Baby Boomers fucking up the world and its ecology etc, but then do SFA themselves to try and ameliorate these usually incorrectly perceived, purported "errors" of ours.

And yes... I'm not all that satisfied with the dire direction that society is taking, and/or my lack of any power to alter it. When you're 55+ and have grey hair and glasses, suddenly you're invisible apparently. And on the employment scrap heap too.

/end of rant. Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
17-07-2016, 07:34 AM
(17-07-2016 07:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [...] and have toned curves.

Without pics, it's not true. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
17-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Optimist in youth.
Pessimist through experience.
Nihilist to stop going insane.

The things that change throughout my life and before it... technology... society... medicine.... etc....are all so superficial.

On the grand scheme of things I dont think anythings changed.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
17-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm continually amused and embarrassed by how much of a naïve child I was even a year ago. A year from now, I'll be amused and embarrassed by how much of a naïve child I am today.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post