Nuclear is the answer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Nuclear is the answer
Hi Crew & Everybody.
I have just joined this fine Forum and I want to introduce myself. I am a PhD student at a very fine UK University and my research is in Advanced Nuclear Reactor Design.

I hope to finish in 2019/2020 and help in some small part to end Global Warming or how it should be said...Climate Change. I will post progress when and how it happens from time to time...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SolutionNuclear's post
06-02-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Nuclear is the answer
We have a nucler option now! Welcome. Thumbsup
Please dont trigger this nasty nuclear winter, id rather stick with global warming, k, thx, bye. Sadcryface

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-02-2017, 01:50 PM
(06-02-2017 01:38 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  We have a nucler option now! Welcome. Thumbsup
Please dont trigger this nasty nuclear winter, id rather stick with global warming, k, thx, bye. Sadcryface

Don't worry sadcryface, you will be quite safe. In fact, this reactor will be totally safe, will never explode never melt down...first of its kind, totally safe...enjoy the power.
06-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-02-2017, 01:55 PM
...thank you Jennybee. Einstein once said "when the bees are all gone, so will go all of humankind". Good choice of name.
[+] 2 users Like SolutionNuclear's post
06-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Welcome! Here's to your success on this endeavor! We sorely need people like you.

Hope you like it here!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
06-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Yes... if only not for the nagging little problem.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...gy-source/

Quote:Spent Nuclear Fuel: A Trash Heap Deadly for 250,000 Years or a Renewable Energy Source?

Quote:In 1987 Congress passed legislation that required the Department of Energy (DoE) to take possession of and properly store the spent fuel from the nation's 104 nuclear reactors by the then far-off date of February 1998. Now 11 years behind schedule, the DoE's primary response—to bury it deep within Yucca Mountain—is no closer to being a permanent solution.

But not to worry. This is what that shithead Trump put in charge of the Department of Energy.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
06-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Welcome SN, we're glad you're here!
06-02-2017, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 09:19 PM by DLJ.)
(06-02-2017 02:15 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yes... if only not for the nagging little problem.

Good point 'minimalist', however, I did not overlook this point. I will produce less than 5% of the waste currently produced and it will go background in about 300 years. There is no technical reason why nuclear power should not be ideal...and totally green.
06-02-2017, 02:35 PM
(06-02-2017 02:06 PM)Loom Wrote:  Welcome! Here's to your success on this endeavor! We sorely need people like you.

Hope you like it here!
Dear Loom: Already having fun here. I Like your banner
'Eternal reward and punishment is no basis for morality'. When you think about it, religious books are the ultimate advertising ploy. You offer something that is irresistible if you participate and utter disaster if you don't buy it.

"Believe in me for everlasting life, or die in the fires of hell for eternity"...ok, I'm thinking.
[+] 4 users Like SolutionNuclear's post