Number of foreigners in Germany crosses the 10mio threshold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Number of foreigners in Germany crosses the 10mio threshold
http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2017-06/...-gestiegen

For the first time we are having more than 10mio foreigners without a german passport in Germany (total population: 82mio).
  • 5.7mio from non-EU states
  • Dominant nationality in former west germany is turkish, in eastern germany it is syrian, polish and russian.
  • State with highest number of foreigners is north rhine-westphalia (2.5mio)
  • Average age: 37
  • males: 54%
  • Unmarried (including children): 43%

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Number of foreigners in Germany crosses the 10mio threshold
No doubt that'll fuel a bit of anti-foreigner sentiment... People love big round numbers. 9.9 million not a problem. 10 million HoboHoboHobo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-06-2017, 03:29 PM
(30-06-2017 10:36 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2017-06/...-gestiegen

For the first time we are having more than 10mio foreigners without a german passport in Germany (total population: 82mio).
  • 5.7mio from non-EU states
  • Dominant nationality in former west germany is turkish, in eastern germany it is syrian, polish and russian.
  • State with highest number of foreigners is north rhine-westphalia (2.5mio)
  • Average age: 37
  • males: 54%
  • Unmarried (including children): 43%

Going by the dates and numbers provided in the article, a direct result of the refugee crisis. Also that Syrians make up a solid proportion of the newly arrived foreigners.

It would be interesting how long the Turks in question are already in Germany. Apart from Italian workers in the 60ies, they always provided the largest segment of immigrants to Germany as well as Austria. It's also not surprising that the East sees more Polish citizens and Russians.

What surprises me a little bit, why North Rhine-Westphalia?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
01-07-2017, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 12:47 AM by Deesse23.)
(30-06-2017 03:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  It would be interesting how long the Turks in question are already in Germany.
They were definitely part of the "imigration" (most of them didnt really immigrate at first) wave of the 60s. Thats why you will meet a lot of 2nd and 3rd generation turks here.

(30-06-2017 03:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  What surprises me a little bit, why North Rhine-Westphalia?

The Ruhr is part of it and it was (until recently) "the forge of Germany". After WWII and the destruction caused, coal mining and steel production was blooming like ####, and with a serious lack of males a lot of "Gastarbeiter" went there. Interestingly, a significant portion of the workers there are of polish origin (you will meet quite a few people with polish names), but i think that was part of a longer development going back to the 19th century. I hope Szuchow can give us more background information.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse