Numerology...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2011, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 01:28 AM by Filox.)
Numerology...
OK, now this is stupid, but what about the numbers? Do you believe in numbers, numerology and some special meaning they present?

Why do I of all people ask this, you wonder? Let me tell you a story that happened a few week ago to my very good friend...

After years of talking about and wanting the best terrain vehicle in the world, he was finally able to buy one (used) and it was incredible good machine. What he bought was Lada Niva 1.7i, good old Russian terrain devastator. Great car, there is literally no terrain it can not handle. And then cam the day when he had to register it in his name, get the new license plates and pay the annual tax to the country, normal things, it was still registered in the name of an old owner. Now this is where it get more interesting...

He did all the road test, payed them, payed the taxes, everything was OK, car was fit for the road, only thing he had to do now was to pick up new license plates and go to the police station to confirm it all. When he came to pick up the plates, he asked do they have some "cool" numbers and they offered him the "666" ones, nobody wanted them, so they had a whole bunch of 666 ones. (We have 2 letters for the city, then 3 numbers and the 2 letters again, but with no meaning like; ST - 666 AB). He was thrilled with the plates, took them without a second to think. So with everything in check he went to the police station to confirm everything and to drive away, but... The lady who was supposed to give him the OK in the last second saw that in all of his papers one number was different than it should be, so she said he could not get the paper needed for him to finish the registration until he could get the new contract with the correct number. That meant go on the other side of the country and a lot more things which he didn't do, but he was forced to forge that paper, all because of some clerks error. So he could not finish the car that day and had to forge papers for the next day to try again. Later he went with his friend for a ride to show him the power of Lada, they went on the mountain and he hit a huge rock and broke his gearshift, expensive repair. Later that day he was told he will not be coming back to his old job, they don't need him anymore. After a week when his car was fixed, again something broke and he again had to leave it in the mechanics...

So, after he got the 666 plates, he had to loose 2 more days running around with papers, had to forge one of those papers because of somebody else's fault, he broke the car, he was fired and then just after he fixed the car, it broke again.

Neither of us never believed in these kind of BS, but seriously, this is really funny. He was so frustrated when he called me that day, he was telling me "but I don't believe in numbers, how can this be happening to me??"

What do you think...

P.S.
I have a 42 number that keeps following me, yesterday I was paying the bill and it was 42...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2011, 10:02 AM
RE: Numerology...
In all of my years studying the "alternative" sides of life, numerology has thrown up some fascinating theorys.

You have people who think numerology is something to do with luciferian code or some mystical avenue........hidden in plain sight etc etc. All the way up to people who see numerology as a way of predicting the future (like horoscopes in a way...plotting the transition of planets, solar eclispses etc etc)

Even the eqyptians saw importance in numbers.........building there pyramids to PI and PHI equasions.

If I removed all apsects of "alternative" views and I had to look at your friends story with cold hard logic this is what I see.

The woman at the license place first introduced the thought/implied that certain number plates are percieved as unlucky from potentially superstitiously people......that there were certain combinations of numbers that are avoided.

Your friend was shown these "unlucky" combinations out of which he choosed one. I think the number "666" is widely associated with the devil and im sure your friend was aware of this.......and maybe he choose it for this fact, I dont know.

There was a clerical error which could simply be put down to human nature with the paperwork and your friend was held back from immediatly being able to drive his car around legally.........and given a chore to do it all over again.

This is unlucky.....and I suppose because of its unusual nature, combined with a unusual/avoided/unlucky number combination two dots can be joined together.

Combine this with the fact that your friend knowingly forged a document......so when he broke down you could see it as "karma"......thats another dot to add.

So one part of me sees that maybe it isnt the number that is important.....but the beliefs we give to the number and how we let it percieve how we operate. However I have had my unusual runs in with sequential numbers myself........for a very long time I would say 4/10 every time I look at the time I see same number combinations........ 01:11, 22:22, 16:16 etc etc. The logical side of me says that it could simply be down to my bodyclock getting used to looking at the time at certain parts of the day, I should really start making a note of what numbers I see to see if any patterns emerge lol.......I might try it for a few weeks.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey, I also see same number most of the time when I look on my clock. Are you my clone or something like that by any chance?

Smile

And about his plates, of course he knew what he was getting and yes, he did it on purpose, he is active atheist, just as I am, only he does not like to go to forums and stuff... That means he believes in devil and devils numbers the same way as he believes in God. Not!

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
16-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I don't think they hold any deep or special meaning, but I am obsessed with the numbers 7 and 17, and I see them in patterns everywhere.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
17-09-2011, 04:37 PM
This just in, we created numbers. They're not magic.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
18-09-2011, 03:37 AM
My lucky number is 473827593653452. You'd be surprised how many times it pops up.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see
[+] 1 user Likes Joe Bloe's post
19-09-2011, 02:54 AM
And do you know about this sequence? 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42... Interesting how the last number is 42. Aahhh, LOST, what a great show that was, never again will somebody make something that brilliant...

-Hunter S. Thompson
19-09-2011, 06:36 AM
42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-09-2011, 06:50 AM
(19-09-2011 06:36 AM)BnW Wrote:  42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Helps if we know the question though...........Wink

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
19-09-2011, 08:25 AM
The question is: What is 40 + 2?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley