Numerology...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2011, 08:55 AM

RE: Numerology...
The interesting thing is how numbers are associated with totally unrelated concepts.

Some people associate colour with numbers.

Mi wife tells me that: 5 is green. 4 is light blue, 6 is maroon, 8 is darker blue, 9 is undetermined, 1 is nearly transparent, 3 is orangy red.

I knew someone once who remembered numbers by singing them. She remembered her phone number by singing it on the do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do scale.

I saw a documentary once about people with incredible mental abilities. There was this guy who perfectly dictated the first 20,000 digits of pi from memory. They pulled a practical joke on him once and changed one digit in the middle of a whole page printout of pi -- he had one glance at the sheet and blew up: "how could you do it -- you made it ugly!?"

For years, at my work, I always waited for my computer time display to reach 11:11:11 in the morning. When it was displayed, I quickly closed my eyes and kept seeing it on my retina -- I experienced stopping time.

Pythagoras had one of his students put to death because he came up with a proof for the existence of irrational numbers.

You can have all kinds of fun with numbers.
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Nothing has meaning, it is given meaning by people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 06:29 PM
(19-09-2011 08:55 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Pythagoras had one of his students put to death because he came up with a proof for the existence of irrational numbers.

I have nothing to add to this thread. I just wanted to get those 2 statements isolated together this way for the ironic value of it.

Carry on.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-09-2011, 06:30 PM

(19-09-2011 06:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(19-09-2011 08:55 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Pythagoras had one of his students put to death because he came up with a proof for the existence of irrational numbers.

I have nothing to add to this thread. I just wanted to get those 2 statements isolated together this way for the ironic value of it.

Carry on.

Irony was intended!

I am so pleased you noticed it!

Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 05:09 AM
He was not the only one...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
22-09-2011, 02:27 PM
(19-09-2011 06:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  

Carry on.

I laughed.

Pythagoras was kind of nutjob, though...well, not kind of. He was clinically insane. All the Pre-Socratics sound weird, but he takes the cake, for me.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
27-09-2011, 01:45 AM
[Image: image030p.jpg]

And here are those infamous registration plates... My friend just finisher painting his Lada in mate black color. It look great.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson