Nuns think kids are shitty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Nuns think kids are shitty
(04-06-2014 11:46 AM)wazzel Wrote:  The recently discovered death records for St Mary's show the 796 children died from malnutrition and infectious diseases, such as measles and TB.
WTAF?!!!
Murder is wrong. Abortion is wrong. But it's ok to neglect babies and children so they suffer through malnutrition and diseases and die anyway. Gasp And since their lives "didn't count", just toss them into an impersonal mass grave like worthless trash. Fucking hypocrites! AngryAngryAngry

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
What happened to the pomp and circumstance usually surrounding Catholic funerals? I think it's pretty safe to assume these babies and children got none. Sad More evidence that many who dedicate their lives to religion don't believe their own BS. I mean, how does someone who believes there is a hell-threatening sky daddy constantly watching them think they could get away with this? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-06-2014, 03:36 PM
What's with the church and Holes.
Nuns fill holes with kids and priests fill kids holes.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
04-06-2014, 05:16 PM
(04-06-2014 03:36 PM)sporehux Wrote:  What's with the church and Holes.
Nuns fill holes with kids and priests fill kids holes.

Shocking
04-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Guys, it's only 796 dead babies...not 800. That's a gross exaggeration Dodgy
You damn atheists make me sick.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 4 users Like Im_Ryan's post
04-06-2014, 06:50 PM
(04-06-2014 06:28 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Guys, it's only 796 dead babies...not 800. That's a gross exaggeration Dodgy

At least they were baptized and all went to heaven. So what's the prob ? Dodgy
None of this, and none of that.

Seriously I know a lot a nuns. I don't know who these idiots were, or what they thought they were doing, but the ones I know would never in a million years EVER even think of this sort of crap. I guess there are nuns, and there are nuns. The ones I know are among the best people I know. Kind, loving, and my "extra set of grannies". (They're in a very liberal order ... so maybe they are exceptional).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I read in an article that this was over a 35 year time period. That's roughly two dead babies per month dead because of illness and starvation because the nuns couldn't care for them, yet the article I read said a lot of the women were forced to leave their kids there because they were single mothers. Just disgusting Dodgy

And Bucky, I don't know if they got baptized. They didn't even get proper burials because they were bastard children and not deemed worthy.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM
(04-06-2014 07:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I read in an article that this was over a 35 year time period. That's roughly two dead babies per month dead because of illness and starvation because the nuns couldn't care for them, yet the article I read said a lot of the women were forced to leave their kids there because they were single mothers. Just disgusting Dodgy

And Bucky, I don't know if they got baptized. They didn't even get proper burials because they were bastard children and not deemed worthy.

I was kidding. I heard that story last night on the BBC. It made me sick. I'm sure we just heard the beginning of this one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
(04-06-2014 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 06:28 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Guys, it's only 796 dead babies...not 800. That's a gross exaggeration Dodgy

At least they were baptized and all went to heaven. So what's the prob ? Dodgy
None of this, and none of that.

Seriously I know a lot a nuns. I don't know who these idiots were, or what they thought they were doing, but the ones I know would never in a million years EVER even think of this sort of crap. I guess there are nuns, and there are nuns. The ones I know are among the best people I know. Kind, loving, and my "extra set of grannies". (They're in a very liberal order ... so maybe they are exceptional).

Yeah, I must have grown up surrounded by a whole other kind of nun. Of all the adults around me, and aware, of the abuse I endured at home there were two nuns - one in particular that tried to get it stopped. It backfired horribly for me, but Sr. Pat did try where no one else bothered.

That, and thanks to Sr. Mary Claire I have the skill and knowledge that allows me to do a job that has allowed me to earn a decent living. She saw a natural ability in me and helped me to excel. Of course, I blame Sr. Francis for my dismal knowledge of Algebra.

Like all other segments of society, there are good and bad members.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Anjele you beat me to the "god and bad" point. Growing up catholic I have seen good and bad religious.

I find it terribly sad that the women went to this place for help and it turned out so bad for so many.