Nuns think kids are shitty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Nuns think kids are shitty
(07-06-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 10:33 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  One problem with the Article is that it says

By saying that it is teaching would, to me, imply that they are refering to doctrine but the code of canon law from 1917 states that

Also according to one commentator

Of course how much can one trust an internet commentator.

I heard her interviewed this morning, as well as some Irish commentators. The fact is the families of the young women who sent them to live in those "homes for the unwed" have to take some of the responsibility. Some people who grew up in those hell-holes are starting to talk. It's gonna get worse. Sounds like a lot of them wished they HAD been dead.

I never heard of anyone being denied baptism. Any child in danger of death would have been baptized.

The Catholic church in my hometown wouldn't baptize my older daughter. That was pretty much the end for me as far as the church goes.

I even said to the priest - I was taught that every child is a child of God but you won't baptize my daughter because I am not married.

Girls who had babies out of wedlock after that had their kids baptized if their parents made a hefty donation to the church - it appears that the soul has a price. And that price comes complete with a $ sign.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2014, 11:54 PM
(07-06-2014 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard her interviewed this morning, as well as some Irish commentators. The fact is the families of the young women who sent them to live in those "homes for the unwed" have to take some of the responsibility. Some people who grew up in those hell-holes are starting to talk. It's gonna get worse. Sounds like a lot of them wished they HAD been dead.

I never heard of anyone being denied baptism. Any child in danger of death would have been baptized.

The Catholic church in my hometown wouldn't baptize my older daughter. That was pretty much the end for me as far as the church goes.

I even said to the priest - I was taught that every child is a child of God but you won't baptize my daughter because I am not married.

Girls who had babies out of wedlock after that had their kids baptized if their parents made a hefty donation to the church - it appears that the soul has a price. And that price comes complete with a $ sign.

No real loss, baptism is bullshit. The hypocrisy, however, is not.
08-06-2014, 02:34 PM
(07-06-2014 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The Catholic church in my hometown wouldn't baptize my older daughter. That was pretty much the end for me as far as the church goes.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I think it's bullshit that religious organizations don't pay taxes, while all other businesses do, because religion is just as much of a business as anything else. When I gave up on the Catholic church when I was a teenager, because I was so disgusted with all the child abuse cover-ups, I decided to try going to a different church. So, I went to a Baptist church in my town to see how I would like it. The first thing they did was pass out the donation envelopes, and the whole service was about "Get out there and make that money, and make sure you remember that Jesus needs you to help spread his word, so don't forget to give to your church!" I was so disgusted I walked out not even 20 minutes into it. After that I gave up on organized religion, and from there it was just a short step to atheism.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
10-06-2014, 09:50 AM
(07-06-2014 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The Catholic church in my hometown wouldn't baptize my older daughter. That was pretty much the end for me as far as the church goes.
I don't know why it should, but this surprises me. When I was a Catholic, I never would have guessed that the church would deny anyone baptism for any reason. This is the kind of stuff that the average Catholic doesn't know... but should.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
10-06-2014, 12:51 PM
(07-06-2014 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard her interviewed this morning, as well as some Irish commentators. The fact is the families of the young women who sent them to live in those "homes for the unwed" have to take some of the responsibility. Some people who grew up in those hell-holes are starting to talk. It's gonna get worse. Sounds like a lot of them wished they HAD been dead.

The standard procedure is that unless in danger of death then a child is only to be baptized if there is a reasonable expectation that they are to be raised Catholic. The concept being that the effects of the baptism would be wasted if they were not raised Catholic.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
10-06-2014, 07:34 PM
(10-06-2014 12:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  The standard procedure is that unless in danger of death then a child is only to be baptized if there is a reasonable expectation that they are to be raised Catholic. The concept being that the effects of the baptism would be wasted if they were not raised Catholic.
That last sentence makes no sense. Baptism removes original sin, not one's own sin, thereby making salvation possible, but not guaranteed. Being raised Catholic or not would have nothing to do with removing original sin.

Besides, refusing to baptize a baby is stupid even if your statement had made sense. So what if it turned out to be wasted? Nothing lost really except a few minutes of a priest's time. Big whoop! But there is also the possibility that the baby could grow up and decide him/herself to follow Catholicism. In addition, refusing baptism alienates even the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the baby thereby making it less likely they would themselves ever turn to Catholicism. It's nothing but an illogical lose-lose situation for the Catholic church all around.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM
When I was a kid in elementary school I was educated by nuns. What a bunch of bitter old bitches they were.
There was an old graveyard behind the convent and the story was that the nuns and priests were making babies (holy fuck) and burying them. I never really thought there was anything to it but after hearing this story I'm not too sure what to believe.