Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
Because she was doing her job.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
The nurse was promply released, the police department presented their excuses and the police officer was suspended for this action as a disciplinary measure. It sounds like a case of abuse of power from the police that was promply solved in a satisfactory fashion. Nobody was injured in the process.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
02-09-2017, 10:59 AM
I saw this non-story and about three others on the news last night.
02-09-2017, 11:20 AM
(02-09-2017 10:55 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Nobody was injured in the process.

I beg to differ. The nurse was injured in the process, injury doesn't have to mean bloodshed.

If I were her, I would be terrified to deal with cops at work. And maybe outside of work. I certainly wouldn't trust cops anymore. The attack was so unprovoked and out of nowhere, that it causes total shock. Just look at the vid! The consequences for her are still outstanding.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
02-09-2017, 11:28 AM
it must be really easy but sad to run a news station.

Boss, I went to Angola and traced the proliferation of the weaponry from their civil war all across Africa.

Not now son, a white woman was handcuffed. STOP THE PRESSES!!!
02-09-2017, 12:21 PM
(02-09-2017 10:55 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The nurse was promply released, the police department presented their excuses and the police officer was suspended for this action as a disciplinary measure. It sounds like a case of abuse of power from the police that was promply solved in a satisfactory fashion. Nobody was injured in the process.

I read that he's still on duty and was merely removed from the Police Phlebotomist's Unit (who knew popo had their own needles, why do they need them?). As far as I can tell, he wasn't even reprimanded.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2017, 12:29 PM
(02-09-2017 12:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 10:55 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The nurse was promply released, the police department presented their excuses and the police officer was suspended for this action as a disciplinary measure. It sounds like a case of abuse of power from the police that was promply solved in a satisfactory fashion. Nobody was injured in the process.

I read that he's still on duty and was merely removed from the Police Phlebotomist's Unit (who knew popo had their own needles, why do they need them?). As far as I can tell, he wasn't even reprimanded.

I don't understand that either. Why should a cop be able to do a blood draw? They certainly don't give a crap about consent laws.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2017, 12:39 PM
(02-09-2017 12:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  who knew popo had their own needles, why do they need them?

All the better to stick it to you Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
02-09-2017, 12:41 PM
(02-09-2017 11:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 10:55 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Nobody was injured in the process.

I beg to differ. The nurse was injured in the process, injury doesn't have to mean bloodshed.

If I were her, I would be terrified to deal with cops at work. And maybe outside of work. I certainly wouldn't trust cops anymore. The attack was so unprovoked and out of nowhere, that it causes total shock. Just look at the vid! The consequences for her are still outstanding.

That is the most damaging thing in this whole episode. I never used to be wary of cops until the spate of youtube videos showing some of them in action. A simple interaction can turn deadly on a dime over nothing.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 13 users Like tomilay's post
02-09-2017, 12:57 PM
(02-09-2017 12:41 PM)tomilay Wrote:  A simple interaction can turn deadly on a dime over nothing.

I'm glad our police ticks differently. Maybe because they don't expect everyone to be packing, given our strict gun legislation.

The video however even made it into our news. Global headlines, as it seems.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]