Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(03-09-2017 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I get what you're saying.

At the risk of getting too procedural here, we could break it down into two Incidents:
- The cop wanting to get blood against policy
- The treatment of the nurse (and reaction to it)

When analysing the root cause / the underlying Problem (an Ishikawa diagram would be apt here), the first has no racial element, the second does.

Yes

How?

You don't see how white people who are outraged at this incident of the cop acting like a gestapo asshole yet were previously NOT outraged at the treatment of some black targets by cops acting like gestapo assholes MIGHT have a racial aspect to it?

You serious Clark?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
03-09-2017, 07:50 PM
(03-09-2017 05:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.

Yes, and even after your post #56, you wrote this:

(03-09-2017 12:02 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I got the point. I'm just not that impressed by it.

So forgive me for looking askance at your backtracking. 4th Amendment rights are pretty damned important, your nonchalance aside.

(03-09-2017 07:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 04:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Be it noted that that policy was one agreed upon by the officer's department. I doubt he has the authority to override agreed policy, and I'm sure that a violation of that agreed policy is not a criminal act, given that his superiors consented to the policy in place.

Except that what the cop wanted to do violated federal law. The 4th amendment actually applies to blood being drawn thanks to the supreme court.

So there's that.

Yeah, that was the ace up my sleeve ... I lay lower cards first. Even his own agency had a policy in place that his actions flouted.
03-09-2017, 07:52 PM
(03-09-2017 07:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How?

You don't see how white people who are outraged at this incident of the cop acting like a gestapo asshole yet were previously NOT outraged at the treatment of some black targets by cops acting like gestapo assholes MIGHT have a racial aspect to it?

You serious Clark?

Surely you can look back through many, many threads here and see examples of many of us white folk taking up the cudgel even though -- gasp! -- the victim was black.

Now, if you've got someone in mind, by all means name names.
03-09-2017, 07:57 PM
(03-09-2017 07:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How?

You serious Clark?

I asked DLJ to explain what he meant in his post. I know he can speak for himself though I am sure he appreciates you stepping in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-09-2017, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 08:06 PM by ResidentEvilFan.)
(03-09-2017 07:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  You don't see how white people who are outraged at this incident of the cop acting like a gestapo asshole yet were previously NOT outraged at the treatment of some black targets by cops acting like gestapo assholes MIGHT have a racial aspect to it?

You serious Clark?

Surely you can look back through many, many threads here and see examples of many of us white folk taking up the cudgel even though -- gasp! -- the victim was black.

Why are you assuming I'm talking about anyone on here? I said from reactions I've read online; I never once stated anything about said reactions being here.
03-09-2017, 07:59 PM
(03-09-2017 07:32 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Race isn't at issue in this case. Yet, you again bring up race. It's not relevant and shouldn't even be part of the discussion.

Without consent or a warrant the nurse was not to draw blood. The patient was unable to give consent, the cop unable to produce a warrant. Race isn't the issue. It's not even a side issue except for those who feel race must always come into play.

Jesus fucking christ I give up.

? Really, doesn't appear that you do now that you have some heavyweights on your side.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-09-2017, 08:51 PM
This seems like a “nobody is wrong” issue. Anjele is right that there is nothing about this that is a racial issue. Resident E is just expanding the topic, it happens all the time. A thread about your favorite 70s sitcom can become about why your grandmother makes you horny in about four posts, it's not a bad thing.

It is worth thinking about this incident in the light of other law enforcement issues that involve minorities, just as it is worth thinking about every Trump action if it had been an action of Obama (grab that pussy, right?). I hate how everything (it seems sometimes, though not really) comes around to being about race, but it's a real topic and with law enforcement issues of race are never far from the surface.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
03-09-2017, 08:55 PM
(03-09-2017 07:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.

Yes, and even after your post #56, you wrote this:

(03-09-2017 12:02 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I got the point. I'm just not that impressed by it.

It's worth quoting Fred's post 56:

Quote:Although I don't relate to the human to human connection to the nurse I think I failed to take into account there are real 4th Amendment issues at play here. It's more important than I thought. I was wrong about the newsworthiness. Also, although I don't feel bad for the nurse I do respect that she stood her ground and stood by her professional ethics.

Jeez, Thump, what do you want?
03-09-2017, 09:03 PM
(03-09-2017 07:57 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Surely you can look back through many, many threads here and see examples of many of us white folk taking up the cudgel even though -- gasp! -- the victim was black.

Why are you assuming I'm talking about anyone on here? I said from reactions I've read online; I never once stated anything about said reactions being here.

You were responding to a post made here, using the second-person singular pronoun. You made no allusion to any other forum, website, or source. And you asked a question that has been answered here plenty.

I'm assuming you're talking about folks here because you're talking to folks here and not differentiating between the two groupings. <shrug>
03-09-2017, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 09:13 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(03-09-2017 08:55 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yes, and even after your post #56, you wrote this:

It's worth quoting Fred's post 56:

Quote:Although I don't relate to the human to human connection to the nurse I think I failed to take into account there are real 4th Amendment issues at play here. It's more important than I thought. I was wrong about the newsworthiness. Also, although I don't feel bad for the nurse I do respect that she stood her ground and stood by her professional ethics.

Jeez, Thump, what do you want?

Consistency, yaknow? He walked it back pretty quickly. Is this really difficult to understand? This nurse was acting within the guidelines of the agreement her hospital had with the local PD. The cop then attacks her for following that agreement, and in the process refusing to allow the cop to violate the patient's 4th Amendment rights ... and Fred's "just not that impressed".

Yeah, I get that ... protestations aside.