Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 09:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 09:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  Fred just likes to be contrary. I don't think for a minute that he actually believes some of the shit he writes.

And how is this level of infantility any better? If you at least believe the shit you spew, I can somehow understand it. Being contrary for the shit of it is what adolescents do. And not the brightest ones either.

That's why I pay it never no mind. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Would someone who likes to count please let me know if there are more posts in this thread discussing:

A) My stupidity
B) The 4th Amendment issue at play in this incident
04-09-2017, 12:48 PM
The nurse didn't break any laws and was following hospital policy. What's the issue? This is a clear cut case of police negligence/stupidity.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
04-09-2017, 12:53 PM
(04-09-2017 11:08 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Would someone who likes to count please let me know if there are more posts in this thread discussing:

B) The 4th Amendment issue at play in this incident

I tried discussing it...but gave up when i saw you silly you were behaving.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2017, 03:58 PM
I skimmed responses here and see what I'd expect - knee jerk reactions regardless of the facts.

Fact - the nurse who " protected her patient" might just end up seriously ruining the guy's life.

Why?

Because the cops weren't being " jackboot thugs" - trying to get evidence against an unconscious person.

They were collecting evidence to prove his innocence.

Why???

Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Now what is likely to happen, is the criminal's family will likely sue for " wrongful death" - and because there's no proof that the reserve officer wasn't drunk - the plaintiff's lawyer will almost certainly infer that he was drunk.

Gee thanks nurse. You were a big help.....

But never mind facts...

Pig bashing is so much more fun.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2017, 04:31 PM
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I skimmed responses here and see what I'd expect - knee jerk reactions regardless of the facts.

Fact - the nurse who " protected her patient" might just end up seriously ruining the guy's life.

Why?

Because the cops weren't being " jackboot thugs" - trying to get evidence against an unconscious person.

Why???

Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Now what is likely to happen, is the criminal's family will likely sue for " wrongful death" - and because there's no proof that the reserve officer wasn't drunk - the plaintiff's lawyer will almost certainly infer that he was drunk.

But never mind facts...

So unlike you to be so condescending. I think everyone is fully aware of those facts. I certainly was and I get my news from Commedia©

Better an alleged criminal is able to use everything that the law permits in their defense than the law is discarded for good or ill.

Quote:And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned around on you--where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-09-2017, 04:37 PM
The alleged criminal is dead.

The innocent bystander - the reserve cop- isn't.

And now he is going to have a fuck-all time proving his innocence against the family of the deceased guy who was fleeing the police. You can count on a lawsuit.

At least it'll be tough for the shyster lawyer to say the cops were trying to cover things up.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-09-2017, 05:20 PM
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I skimmed responses here and see what I'd expect - knee jerk reactions regardless of the facts.

Why?

Why???

But never mind facts...

No, I'm not bashing the cops. The nurse upheld the law. The police officer, in this instance was completely wrong.

Unless the only amendment that matters is the 2nd.

Unreasonable search and seizure applies to blood samples, as per the Supreme Court for a while now. Like at least the past 12 years...

The patient was unconscious, had no warrant outstanding and wasn't under arrest, there was no reason for the police to demand a blood sample.

He wasn't at fault, he didn't cause the accident, he wasn't under arrest, he wasn't even a suspect, and again, he had no outstanding warrants for his arrest.

Had he been awake and refused the blood draw he also would have been well within his legal rights to do that too. He was unconscious and couldn't give consent.

Consent laws in hospitals apply to more than blood draws. Patients have the right to refuse any procedure. Also, unless it is an emergency or consent is given, treatment can be withheld.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2017, 05:23 PM
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Putting aside DLJ's point that attempting to draw the blood was just plain illegal, good intentions or not, you still seem to be describing an unlikely scenario. Bad guy fleeing cops crashes into random guy. What lawyer is suing the random guy? For what? Driving while obeying the law? The lawsuit, if there is one, will be on the cops for reckless hot pursuit (to the degree that it was, I dunno).

[+] 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
04-09-2017, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 05:32 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(04-09-2017 04:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The alleged criminal is dead.

The innocent bystander - the reserve cop- isn't.

And now he is going to have a fuck-all time proving his innocence against the family of the deceased guy who was fleeing the police. You can count on a lawsuit.

At least it'll be tough for the shyster lawyer to say the cops were trying to cover things up.

Again, you seem to be misunderstanding it's not anyone's job to prove the cops case. That's for them to do. The guy who was a victim was just a victim. In the eyes of the law, he, regardless of his day job, has nothing to do with it.

The police officer was licensed to do the blood draw, but all the same consent laws apply to him as well. He knew he couldn't get a warrant to force the guy to give him his blood, because he had no probable cause. That really says it all, right there.

He stepped over the line when he cuffed the nurse.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post