Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 05:23 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Now what is likely to happen, is the criminal's family will likely sue for " wrongful death" - and because there's no proof that the reserve officer wasn't drunk - the plaintiff's lawyer will almost certainly infer that he was drunk.

Putting aside DLJ's point that attempting to draw the blood was just plain illegal, good intentions or not, you still seem to be describing an unlikely scenario. Bad guy fleeing cops crashes into random guy. What lawyer is suing the random guy? For what? Driving while obeying the law? The lawsuit, if there is one, will be on the cops for reckless hot pursuit (to the degree that it was, I dunno).

He's not just a random guy - he's a cop ( reserve).

It's commonplace for such lawsuits because of the deep pockets involved.

Safe bet. When the reserve officer regains consciousness ( hopefully) he won't be thanking that nurse for " being a hero and guarding his rights".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 05:40 PM
(04-09-2017 05:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 04:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The alleged criminal is dead.

The innocent bystander - the reserve cop- isn't.

And now he is going to have a fuck-all time proving his innocence against the family of the deceased guy who was fleeing the police. You can count on a lawsuit.

At least it'll be tough for the shyster lawyer to say the cops were trying to cover things up.

Again, you seem to be misunderstanding it's not anyone's job to prove the cops case. That's for them to do. The guy who was a victim was just a victim. In the eyes of the law, he, regardless of his day job, has nothing to do with it.

The police officer was licensed to do the blood draw, but all the same consent laws apply to him as well. He knew he couldn't get a warrant to force the guy to give him his blood, because he had no probable cause. That really says it all, right there.

He stepped over the line when he cuffed the nurse.

I agree it was over the line cuffing her.

But this isn't about the cops proving the man's guilt - it's about being able to prove his innocence in the face of probable lawsuits.

Yes, I am " guessing" about this - but it's a safe guess.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-09-2017, 05:43 PM
(04-09-2017 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  He's not just a random guy - he's a cop ( reserve).

Common? You're still too far in make-believe land for me. Describe in a couple sentences what the plaintiff's (dead criminal's family) lawyer would say to a jury.

Quote:Safe bet. When the reserve officer regains consciousness ( hopefully) he won't be thanking that nurse for " being a hero and guarding his rights".

What if the reserve officer had drink or drugs in his system?
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
04-09-2017, 05:43 PM
(04-09-2017 05:23 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Now what is likely to happen, is the criminal's family will likely sue for " wrongful death" - and because there's no proof that the reserve officer wasn't drunk - the plaintiff's lawyer will almost certainly infer that he was drunk.

Putting aside DLJ's point that attempting to draw the blood was just plain illegal, good intentions or not, you still seem to be describing an unlikely scenario. Bad guy fleeing cops crashes into random guy. What lawyer is suing the random guy? For what? Driving while obeying the law? The lawsuit, if there is one, will be on the cops for reckless hot pursuit (to the degree that it was, I dunno).

Sure, the victim could sue the police (or his family if he's injured so bad that he can't do it himself). The family of the guy being chased and the nurse all have the right to sue.

If the state has issues with high speed chases that do lead to injuries more often than other places, then yes they've got a case.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2017, 05:46 PM
(04-09-2017 05:43 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  He's not just a random guy - he's a cop ( reserve).

Common? You're still too far in make-believe land for me. Describe in a couple sentences what the plaintiff's (dead criminal's family) lawyer would say to a jury.

Quote:Safe bet. When the reserve officer regains consciousness ( hopefully) he won't be thanking that nurse for " being a hero and guarding his rights".

Since there was no warrant or paper trail, it would have vanished.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2017, 05:52 PM
(04-09-2017 05:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:43 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Common? You're still too far in make-believe land for me. Describe in a couple sentences what the plaintiff's (dead criminal's family) lawyer would say to a jury.

That's a bit cynical.

I find it just as likely that they knew the reserve officer, and it's likely he didn't do drugs ( truck drivers are routinely tested) or might not even drink.

If they suspected a chance of him being under the influence, the cops could have easily hid behind " we don't have a warrant".

04-09-2017, 05:54 PM
(04-09-2017 05:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Again, you seem to be misunderstanding it's not anyone's job to prove the cops case. That's for them to do. The guy who was a victim was just a victim. In the eyes of the law, he, regardless of his day job, has nothing to do with it.

The police officer was licensed to do the blood draw, but all the same consent laws apply to him as well. He knew he couldn't get a warrant to force the guy to give him his blood, because he had no probable cause. That really says it all, right there.

He stepped over the line when he cuffed the nurse.

I agree it was over the line cuffing her.

But this isn't about the cops proving the man's guilt - it's about being able to prove his innocence in the face of probable lawsuits.

Yes, I am " guessing" about this - but it's a safe guess.

Doesn't matter. Laws are laws.

This "law enforcer" broke the law, clearly and without ambiguity.

Fucker should face the fire like any other stupid fucker who knows the law yet breaks it anyway, wouldn't you agree?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
04-09-2017, 05:56 PM
(04-09-2017 05:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:23 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Putting aside DLJ's point that attempting to draw the blood was just plain illegal, good intentions or not, you still seem to be describing an unlikely scenario. Bad guy fleeing cops crashes into random guy. What lawyer is suing the random guy? For what? Driving while obeying the law? The lawsuit, if there is one, will be on the cops for reckless hot pursuit (to the degree that it was, I dunno).

Sure, the victim could sue the police (or his family if he's injured so bad that he can't do it himself). The family of the guy being chased and the nurse all have the right to sue.

I'm just questioning OB's contention that a lawsuit from the family of the guy being chased would be a viable option, or if tried, would win. It wouldn't.

Quote:If the state has issues with high speed chases that do lead to injuries more often than other places, then yes they've got a case.

A lawsuit against the cops that did the chasing, not the reserve cop minding his own business that gets plowed into. Is my point.
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
04-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Wouldn't a blood sample extracted from an unconscious patient (thus without his consent) without a warrant in clear contradiction of the law be inadmissible in a court of law?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
04-09-2017, 05:59 PM
(04-09-2017 05:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:43 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  What if the reserve officer had drink or drugs in his system?

Excellent point. It should as it would have been illegally attained. I was just suggesting a possibility that the cop wasn't doing the reserve cop a favor, as OnlineBiker suggested they might have been doing. It would have backfired. Big time.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post