Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 05:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sure, the victim could sue the police (or his family if he's injured so bad that he can't do it himself). The family of the guy being chased and the nurse all have the right to sue.

I'm just questioning OB's contention that a lawsuit from the family of the guy being chased would be a viable option, or if tried, would win. It wouldn't.

Quote:If the state has issues with high speed chases that do lead to injuries more often than other places, then yes they've got a case.

A lawsuit against the cops that did the chasing, not the reserve cop minding his own business that gets plowed into. Is my point.

If the reserve cop is seriously injured, he could (or his family) join that lawsuit as well, regardless. That seems to be the only way change happens. High speed chases do sometimes end very badly, with losses of personal property and human life.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 06:01 PM
(04-09-2017 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I agree it was over the line cuffing her.

But this isn't about the cops proving the man's guilt - it's about being able to prove his innocence in the face of probable lawsuits.

Yes, I am " guessing" about this - but it's a safe guess.

Doesn't matter. Laws are laws.

This "law enforcer" broke the law, clearly and without ambiguity.

Fucker should face the fire like any other stupid fucker who knows the law yet breaks it anyway, wouldn't you agree?

No.

Neither do you - unless you subscribe to jailing the poor for stealing bread. They broke the law, right?

Intent plays into things.

I don't see any intention to deprive someone of their rights

I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

And a nurse pretending to be a hero, and a medfia bandwagon riding along.

She's not.

She like so many others automatically assume " the popo" is up to something nefarious.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-09-2017, 06:05 PM
(04-09-2017 05:59 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Since there was no warrant or paper trail, it would have vanished.

Excellent point. It should as it would have been illegally attained. I was just suggesting a possibility that the cop wasn't doing the reserve cop a favor, as OnlineBiker suggested they might have been doing. It would have backfired. Big time.

It's a cynical thought.

Had the nurse said "sure go ahead" he would have done it, likely alone with the patient, outside the presence of hospital staff; but again since there was no legal reason for it, there's also no real proof that it happened.

04-09-2017, 06:06 PM
(04-09-2017 05:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's a bit cynical.

I find it just as likely that they knew the reserve officer, and it's likely he didn't do drugs ( truck drivers are routinely tested) or might not even drink.

If they suspected a chance of him being under the influence, the cops could have easily hid behind " we don't have a warrant".

"They may have had good intentions" is what this keeps coming out as, and that's admirable. To a point. But there's another point, follow the fucking law.
04-09-2017, 06:08 PM
(04-09-2017 06:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If the reserve cop is seriously injured, he could (or his family) join that lawsuit as well, regardless. That seems to be the only way change happens. High speed chases do sometimes end very badly, with losses of personal property and human life.

Totally agree!
04-09-2017, 06:13 PM
(04-09-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Doesn't matter. Laws are laws.

This "law enforcer" broke the law, clearly and without ambiguity.

Fucker should face the fire like any other stupid fucker who knows the law yet breaks it anyway, wouldn't you agree?

No.

Neither do you - unless you subscribe to jailing the poor for stealing bread. They broke the law, right?

Intent plays into things.

I don't see any intention to deprive someone of their rights

I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

And a nurse pretending to be a hero, and a medfia bandwagon riding along.

She's not.

She like so many others automatically assume " the popo" is up to something nefarious.

Doing a friend a solid isn't a reason to break the law. Especially the 4th amendment.

Actually she is a hero...

My man works in the medical field and he can't do an exam on patient that they might really need if the patient can't consent to it.

It happens, not very often, but it does.

There are rules in place for a reason.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2017, 06:13 PM
(04-09-2017 06:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:59 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Excellent point. It should as it would have been illegally attained. I was just suggesting a possibility that the cop wasn't doing the reserve cop a favor, as OnlineBiker suggested they might have been doing. It would have backfired. Big time.

It's a cynical thought.

Had the nurse said "sure go ahead" he would have done it, likely alone with the patient, outside the presence of hospital staff; but again since there was no legal reason for it, there's also no real proof that it happened.

Why is it a cynical thought and...are we arguing? I'm totally agreeing with you. Fellow cops think they're doing their reserve cop friend a favor...they force a blood sample. Turns out the reserve cop was high. Oh shit, didn't see that coming, we assumed dude was clean. But it doesn't matter, it was illegally attained, and won't be shown to a judge or jury.
04-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Quote:I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

If the nurse understood all that she could've done the cop a solid on the DL. I'm sure they could justify checking his blood for some medical reason. I'd love to have a favor in the bank with the police. Plus, the cops are suddenly really popular when you're in danger.
04-09-2017, 06:14 PM
(04-09-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  a nurse pretending to be a hero,

She's not "pretending to be a hero", she was following hospital policy. That's what you do as a nurse.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
04-09-2017, 06:15 PM
They could probably make double sure he was clean before registering the results.