Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

At the expense of the law and thumbing the nose to those who get caught in the ugly aftermath. There are laws for a reason, and this dipshit should be hit with the book.

If the officer involved in the crash is also clean, the law will bear out. No need for the boys in blue to suspend due process just to protect their own. That's the whole fucking conversation in a nutshell.

These guys should be holding the law to a T. Not the other way around.

Innocent people's lives are railroaded every day because of "blue lives matter". Don't get me wrong, I've got family in the "blue".

I'm not partial.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like evenheathen's post
04-09-2017, 06:53 PM
(04-09-2017 06:23 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I meant my thought that it could disappear was cynical.

Because it is. I wouldn't want to think that anyone would do that....

But yeah it could.

Ok I misunderstood, I was thinking "disappear" like legit thrown out of court for illegal attainment.

Yeah no, but your thought is apt as well.

My thinking was along the lines.

Obtain blood sample without probable cause, nothing signed, no real paper trail. Cops found drugs in system (could be like pot that stays longer than most -- cops always got the best weed) cop throws away result because then his buddy is in even more trouble.

I've known plenty of truck drivers that smoked the devils lettuce, cops too. They usually knew when they'd have to pee in a cup and when it might be more safe to do it.

Hell, I know someone who's a pilot for UPS that occasionally tokes.

Honestly though most cops I knew sold pot, and drank themselves stupid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2017, 08:46 PM
And the patient's boss in Idaho weighs in:
Quote:Later on Friday, the patient's boss, who is the police chief of Rigby, Idaho Police, wanted to tell nurse Alex Wubbels "thanks" for protecting the rights of one of his reserve officers.
"The Rigby Police Department would like to thank the nurse involved and hospital staff for standing firm and protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim," Rigby Police Chief Sam Tower said. "Protecting the rights of others is truly a heroic act."
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/polic...ses-arrest
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
04-09-2017, 09:20 PM
(04-09-2017 06:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I had a kid drop some weed on the floor of my class. Everyone saw it so I called in the campus cop. He told me privately he didn't want to ruin the kid's life and said I should let it roll undocumented. Certainly not school policy but no problem. Should I have just been like sorry regs are regs? Come on.

What the FUCK does some stupid kid and weed have to do with this? Christ you're obtuse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2017, 09:23 PM
(04-09-2017 06:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

If the nurse understood all that she could've done the cop a solid on the DL. I'm sure they could justify checking his blood for some medical reason. I'd love to have a favor in the bank with the police. Plus, the cops are suddenly really popular when you're in danger.

That's the kind of fucking stupid shit that eventually results in police corruption. Fuck me, you're teaching kids this kind of drivel?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-09-2017, 10:58 PM
(04-09-2017 06:23 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:17 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  You're literally describing a situation in which the "popo" is doing something nefarious. What if they knew their fellow popo had a drinking problem, a functional dude, but known to take a few pops on his afternoon rounds? They would form an alamo around him to keep someone from taking his blood.

In a case like that protecting your co-worker is cool.

(04-09-2017 06:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I had a kid drop some weed on the floor of my class. Everyone saw it so I called in the campus cop. He told me privately he didn't want to ruin the kid's life and said I should let it roll undocumented. Certainly not school policy but no problem. Should I have just been like sorry regs are regs? Come on.

I'm curious as to the ethics here. It seems inconsistent.

If I'm reading it right, protecting a co-worker is cool but protecting a student is not.

You had the choice of having a quiet word with the student and not making it official (you as judge). Instead you passed the buck to the campus cop putting him in the same ethical situation (him as judge).

What principle do you use here for decision-making?

Huh

04-09-2017, 11:04 PM
(04-09-2017 10:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  What principle do you use here for decision-making?

[Image: 200.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-09-2017, 02:15 AM
(04-09-2017 06:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

If the nurse understood all that she could've done the cop a solid on the DL. I'm sure they could justify checking his blood for some medical reason. I'd love to have a favor in the bank with the police. Plus, the cops are suddenly really popular when you're in danger.
Where I come from that sort of thing is called corruption.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 5 users Like Norm Deplume's post
05-09-2017, 04:01 AM
The other kids saw and were making a fuss, so, yeah, I was happy to pass the buck. Plus, the kid was kind of a dick.
05-09-2017, 05:06 AM
(05-09-2017 04:01 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The other kids saw and were making a fuss, so, yeah, I was happy to pass the buck. Plus, the kid was kind of a dick.

Thanks.

So were you relieved, annoyed, shocked or what when the cop didn't follow procedure?