Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 06:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I had a kid drop some weed on the floor of my class. Everyone saw it so I called in the campus cop. He told me privately he didn't want to ruin the kid's life and said I should let it roll undocumented. Certainly not school policy but no problem. Should I have just been like sorry regs are regs? Come on.

You didn't confiscate it?

... along with any snacks he had?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-09-2017, 05:57 AM
(04-09-2017 08:46 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  And the patient's boss in Idaho weighs in:
Quote:Later on Friday, the patient's boss, who is the police chief of Rigby, Idaho Police, wanted to tell nurse Alex Wubbels "thanks" for protecting the rights of one of his reserve officers.
"The Rigby Police Department would like to thank the nurse involved and hospital staff for standing firm and protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim," Rigby Police Chief Sam Tower said. "Protecting the rights of others is truly a heroic act."
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/polic...ses-arrest

On the CBS Morning News today, I heard the hospital in question has just changed its policy. The police will no longer deal directly with nurses, but must go to hospital administrators to obtain such blood samples.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-09-2017, 05:58 AM
(04-09-2017 06:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I see a cop making sure a fellow cop isn't railroaded.

At the expense of the law and thumbing the nose to those who get caught in the ugly aftermath. There are laws for a reason, and this dipshit should be hit with the book.

If the officer involved in the crash is also clean, the law will bear out. No need for the boys in blue to suspend due process just to protect their own. That's the whole fucking conversation in a nutshell.

These guys should be holding the law to a T. Not the other way around.

Innocent people's lives are railroaded every day because of "blue lives matter". Don't get me wrong, I've got family in the "blue".

I'm not partial.

If you're not partial - a question.

Why do you think the officers wanted to draw blood from reserve officer Gray???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-09-2017, 06:14 AM
(05-09-2017 05:57 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 08:46 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  And the patient's boss in Idaho weighs in:
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/polic...ses-arrest

On the CBS Morning News today, I heard the hospital in question has just changed its policy. The police will no longer deal directly with nurses, but must go to hospital administrators to obtain such blood samples.
Would that not be just another operational procedure to be bypassed if it is perceived to be obstructive?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

05-09-2017, 06:19 AM
(05-09-2017 06:14 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:57 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  On the CBS Morning News today, I heard the hospital in question has just changed its policy. The police will no longer deal directly with nurses, but must go to hospital administrators to obtain such blood samples.
Would that not be just another operational procedure to be bypassed if it is perceived to be obstructive?

I guess the idea is that administrators can stand up to the police with more authority, and that pressure is taken off the nurses in such situations where they can only follow orders rather than consider exceptions.
05-09-2017, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:56 AM by BikerDude.)
Maybe if we treated police like any other professional this sort of gross negligence would result in loss of employment.
How could it be more evident that this guy should not be a cop.
This would be equivalent to a surgeon cutting off the wrong limb.
It's that level of incompetence.
But we don't treat police incompetence with the same sort of seriousness we do for other professions.
While I don't know the cops background I've reached a place where I seriously think that former military service should almost be a disqualification for being a cop.
This is how soldiers in an occupying force act.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
05-09-2017, 07:53 AM
(05-09-2017 06:52 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Maybe if we treated police like any other professional this sort of gross negligence would result in loss of employment.
How could it be more evident that this guy should not be a cop.
This would be equivalent to a surgeon cutting off the wrong limb.
It's that level of incompetence.
But we don't treat police incompetence with the same sort of seriousness we do for other professions.
While I don't know the cops background I've reached a place where I seriously think that former military service should almost be a disqualification for being a cop.

I agree, but this outrage should be applied to all, not just certain segments of our population. If this had been a black Nurse in Baltimore or Chicago, the GOP supporters would have been shouting, "If she hadn't resisted".

This is the difference in experience between when whites interact with police and when blacks and Hispanics interact with police.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2017, 08:32 AM
(05-09-2017 07:53 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I agree, but this outrage should be applied to all, not just certain segments of our population. If this had been a black Nurse in Baltimore or Chicago, the GOP supporters would have been shouting, "If she hadn't resisted".

This is the difference in experience between when whites interact with police and when blacks and Hispanics interact with police.

I disagree. When I saw that video and story, I saw an overzealous cop slinging his badge around like he was a wild west lawman in lawless territory. I didn't see a white woman or a white cop. I would have felt the same way if the nurse were black or hispanic. I think blanket hypothetical racism only helps to further racism, not curb it. Not to say that racist cops don't exist, but obviously this particular officer didn't care what color she was. If she didn't do what he said, he was going to fix that problem using force and the cover of his badge to impose his will.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 2 users Like reeveseb's post
05-09-2017, 08:42 AM
(05-09-2017 06:52 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  While I don't know the cops background I've reached a place where I seriously think that former military service should almost be a disqualification for being a cop.

That's a pretty dark place to be if you have that opinion of former service members. Just like every segment of society, the majority of service members are people who just want to take care of their families and continue to serve their communities, but there will be exceptions. They already have some training that coincides with being a police officer so the transition from military to police force is somewhat easier.

Being in the military doesn't teach to you to be racist. If anything, it rewires the brains of those who might have prejudices to see their brothers without skin color being a factor. When you rely on the man next to you and it's a matter of life or death, skin color becomes a non-factor (I believe the same applies to sexual orientation). Additionally, the military doesn't teach you to take the law into your own hands. The UCMJ is front and center in everything and chain of command is paramount. As Colonel Jessup famously said, "We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?" This rogue asshole doesn't represent the vast majority of law enforcement officers.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post
05-09-2017, 09:17 AM
(04-09-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I skimmed responses here and see what I'd expect - knee jerk reactions regardless of the facts.

Fact - the nurse who " protected her patient" might just end up seriously ruining the guy's life.

Why?

Because the cops weren't being " jackboot thugs" - trying to get evidence against an unconscious person.

They were collecting evidence to prove his innocence.

Why???

Because the patient was a reserve cop, who was off duty, doing his day job as a truck driver - minding his own business - when he was hit by a criminal fleeing the cops. The criminal was killed in the accident.

Now what is likely to happen, is the criminal's family will likely sue for " wrongful death" - and because there's no proof that the reserve officer wasn't drunk - the plaintiff's lawyer will almost certainly infer that he was drunk.

Gee thanks nurse. You were a big help.....

But never mind facts...

Pig bashing is so much more fun.

ROFL...not even surprised any more. SMGDFH.