Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(05-09-2017 10:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 10:14 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Yes we do, that on this issue, you're full of shit.

It means you're an insulting little individual who won't answer a question.

It's been answered; several times in this thread. You don't like the answer because it's not fitting your narrative.

Do you need me to highlight for you the number of times you've been told nothing about the scenario you're making up makes one bit of difference?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 10:19 AM
(05-09-2017 09:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Think this through.

And leave your bias against cops aside, if you are capable.

Why would the detective want this blood test taken without a warrant?

Do you think he is trying to get evidence AGAINST William Gray? ( the unconscious reserve officer)

Do you think the detective is such a schmuck as to believe warrantless evidence would be allowed in a criminal court?

Do ya think just maybe, there's something going on other than a cop just being a prick???
Why should getting something unjustified even if for some potential positive cause deem the cops use of force as justified. There's not a case that applies for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
05-09-2017, 10:23 AM
As far as what I could see the nurse acted very professionally.
She was following the rules.
The cop appeared to be a complete lunatic.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 10:26 AM
(05-09-2017 10:23 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  As far as what I could see the nurse acted very professionally.
She was following the rules.
The cop appeared to be a complete lunatic.

You sound clearly biased.

/sarcasm.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
05-09-2017, 10:26 AM
(05-09-2017 09:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Think this through.

And leave your bias against cops aside, if you are capable.

Why would the detective want this blood test taken without a warrant?

Do you think he is trying to get evidence AGAINST William Gray? ( the unconscious reserve officer)

Do you think the detective is such a schmuck as to believe warrantless evidence would be allowed in a criminal court?

Do ya think just maybe, there's something going on other than a cop just being a prick???

She asked for a warrant or if he was under arrest.
I'm sure that she was bound by her rules.
It looked to me like she was doing her due diligence.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 12:00 PM
(05-09-2017 09:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why would the detective want this blood test taken without a warrant?

Perhaps he was a lazy git who couldn't be arsed to do things properly? Or an arrogant git who does not see how procedures could possibly apply to him?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 4 users Like Norm Deplume's post
05-09-2017, 12:28 PM
(05-09-2017 12:00 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 09:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why would the detective want this blood test taken without a warrant?

Perhaps he was a lazy git who couldn't be arsed to do things properly? Or an arrogant git who does not see how procedures could possibly apply to him?

The danger of allowing this to slide is apparent from what ImFred said earlier. If you let the cops get the message that *obeying a cop* is more important than *obeying the law*, that *doing a favour under the table for a cop* is a *good idea because cops are powerful and you want them to like you in case you're ever in trouble*, and that you may face a consequence for *not* obeying a cop, then you open the door to all kinds of corruption and bullshit, not least of which is the cop getting a God complex and deciding that he is the law.

Transparency and good governance mean exactly that. No special pleading for exceptions. If you want your police force to become a militarised, distrusted, corrupt force, go on protecting them for illegal actions.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 10 users Like morondog's post
05-09-2017, 12:50 PM
(05-09-2017 12:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  The danger of allowing this to slide is apparent from what ImFred said earlier. If you let the cops get the message that *obeying a cop* is more important than *obeying the law*, that *doing a favour under the table for a cop* is a *good idea because cops are powerful and you want them to like you in case you're ever in trouble*, and that you may face a consequence for *not* obeying a cop, then you open the door to all kinds of corruption and bullshit, not least of which is the cop getting a God complex and deciding that he is the law.

Transparency and good governance mean exactly that. No special pleading for exceptions. If you want your police force to become a militarised, distrusted, corrupt force, go on protecting them for illegal actions.

Morondog, I don't agree with you often, but on this, I have to. The ends don't justify the means here. This detective, regardless of intentions, should be held accountable for taking the law into his own hands, not following chain of command, and blatantly disregarding the constitutional rights of that nurse. It's never okay to act like that to innocent bystanders. He treated her like a criminal.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 3 users Like reeveseb's post
05-09-2017, 01:13 PM
(05-09-2017 12:50 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 12:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  The danger of allowing this to slide is apparent from what ImFred said earlier. If you let the cops get the message that *obeying a cop* is more important than *obeying the law*, that *doing a favour under the table for a cop* is a *good idea because cops are powerful and you want them to like you in case you're ever in trouble*, and that you may face a consequence for *not* obeying a cop, then you open the door to all kinds of corruption and bullshit, not least of which is the cop getting a God complex and deciding that he is the law.

Morondog, I don't agree with you often, but on this, I have to. The ends don't justify the means here. This detective, regardless of intentions, should be held accountable for taking the law into his own hands, not following chain of command, and blatantly disregarding the constitutional rights of that nurse. It's never okay to act like that to innocent bystanders. He treated her like a criminal.

I'm not entirely sure he didn't follow the chain of command? Didn't someone say his police chief told him to arrest her? He should have had the basic common sense to see that the order was nonsensical though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-09-2017, 01:32 PM
(05-09-2017 01:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not entirely sure he didn't follow the chain of command? Didn't someone say his police chief told him to arrest her? He should have had the basic common sense to see that the order was nonsensical though.

No...I was talking more about that he should have run this up his chain of command. If he has an order to get the blood sample from his supervisor and the order was in conflict with the hospital policies, I think his best route would have been to alert his supervisors for further instructions instead of making a snap judgement to arrest this woman. There was no urgency that wouldn't have allowed for him to get further clarification. Also, I thought I read somewhere that he was just following orders to get the sample. So it's not like his boss was at home sleeping or otherwise indisposed.

Re-reading what I wrote, I should have been more clear on what I meant.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post