Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(04-09-2017 06:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I had a kid drop some weed on the floor of my class. Everyone saw it so I called in the campus cop. He told me privately he didn't want to ruin the kid's life and said I should let it roll undocumented. Certainly not school policy but no problem. Should I have just been like sorry regs are regs? Come on.

Depends if you think that discipline would straighten your student out, or if you think he's on the path to self destructive behavior.

Me, I would have followed regs. I don't do illegal drugs (because they are, you know, illegal!!), and don't think anyone else should either. Pretty simple, actually.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
05-09-2017, 03:50 PM
(05-09-2017 06:52 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Maybe if we treated police like any other professional this sort of gross negligence would result in loss of employment.
How could it be more evident that this guy should not be a cop.
This would be equivalent to a surgeon cutting off the wrong limb.
It's that level of incompetence.
But we don't treat police incompetence with the same sort of seriousness we do for other professions.
While I don't know the cops background I've reached a place where I seriously think that former military service should almost be a disqualification for being a cop.
This is how soldiers in an occupying force act.

I have to disagree with you. Everyone I serve with in the military takes orders and regulations and directives very seriously. I don't think you'd see a military member in good standing even considering violating a policy such as this in this situation.
[+] 3 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
05-09-2017, 04:01 PM
(04-09-2017 09:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  If the nurse understood all that she could've done the cop a solid on the DL. I'm sure they could justify checking his blood for some medical reason. I'd love to have a favor in the bank with the police. Plus, the cops are suddenly really popular when you're in danger.

That's the kind of fucking stupid shit that eventually results in police corruption. Fuck me, you're teaching kids this kind of drivel?

lol

No I don't say shit like that at work.
05-09-2017, 04:02 PM
(05-09-2017 05:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 04:01 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The other kids saw and were making a fuss, so, yeah, I was happy to pass the buck. Plus, the kid was kind of a dick.

Thanks.

So were you relieved, annoyed, shocked or what when the cop didn't follow procedure?

Relieved
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
05-09-2017, 05:25 PM
(05-09-2017 03:46 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I don't do illegal drugs (because they are, you know, illegal!!), and don't think anyone else should either. Pretty simple, actually.

How do you feel about consumption of unregulated drugs the US don't give a shit about it? 'Cause almost all of the shit available at RUPharma.com is completely legal in the USA, customs has no problems letting it through, and there's some serious psychotropic shit in there that if you don't know what you're doing could fuck you up good. How do you feel about that? Is it still simple? Is to me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-09-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 05:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-09-2017 03:50 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I have to disagree with you. Everyone I serve with in the military takes orders and regulations and directives very seriously. I don't think you'd see a military member in good standing even considering violating a policy such as this in this situation.

Yup. I don't see that happening. I also don't see a VA RN or military RN getting arrested there. In fact, I see the cop getting detained by MP had he continued to persist. He would've been released to his superior officer and there would be at least a DoD incident report filed.

#sigh
05-09-2017, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 05:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-09-2017 06:31 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I had a kid drop some weed on the floor of my class. Everyone saw it so I called in the campus cop. He told me privately he didn't want to ruin the kid's life and said I should let it roll undocumented. Certainly not school policy but no problem. Should I have just been like sorry regs are regs? Come on.

I think there would be grounds for you losing your job if not your pension if you hadn't called the campus cop in that situation. And you were smart to call the campus cop instead of county or state popo. I'm not sure you had much of a choice in that situation of you wanted to keep your job. I think you behaved completely rational in that situation.

(05-09-2017 04:02 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So were you relieved, annoyed, shocked or what when the cop didn't follow procedure?

Relieved

I'll bet everyone was. And lessons were learned all around. Kids probably learned the most useful shit that day. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-09-2017, 06:40 PM
(05-09-2017 09:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Think this through.

And leave your bias against cops aside, if you are capable.

Why would the detective want this blood test taken without a warrant?

Do you think he is trying to get evidence AGAINST William Gray? ( the unconscious reserve officer)

Do you think the detective is such a schmuck as to believe warrantless evidence would be allowed in a criminal court?

Do ya think just maybe, there's something going on other than a cop just being a prick???

Dude, the cop was from Idaho. His boss thanked the nurse.

I don't know why the cop was insisting on it. It's uncertain if they even knew at the time of the accident that the other guy was a reserve cop from another state.

Honestly this whole thing is beginning to smell like either the cop was seriously mistaken and thought this guy was the suspect or trying to play cover his departments ass, in trying to lay blame for the accident on the other driver.

What we do know is that there was a high speed chase. Driver being chased died at the scene. Other driver was unconscious and badly burned.

Cop went to hospital to demand to be allowed to draw blood. You can hear him saying no judge would issue a warrant because he had NO PROBABLE CAUSE and without that, exigent circumstances cannot apply. If they did he would have had probable cause to get a fucking warrant.

The family (of the guy being chased) has no case against the other driver. The other driver didn't cause his death.

But they do have a case against the cops.

So does the family of the reserve cop from Idaho.

Going further since the guy was brought in unconscious the first blood test taken along to type him would have drug/alcohol.

If it was really that fucking important, they could have issued a subpoena if anyone did sue.

Which makes your weird argument really stupid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
(05-09-2017 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Honestly this whole thing is beginning to smell like ....

Smells like testosterone and illicit androgen Roid Rage to me. Dude didn't cycle his steroids properly. I think there's probable cause to check the dude's T/E ratios. Mainly because I have experienced a wide range of T/E ratios.

#sigh
05-09-2017, 07:22 PM
(05-09-2017 06:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Honestly this whole thing is beginning to smell like ....

Smells like testosterone and illicit androgen Roid Rage to me. Dude didn't cycle his steroids properly. I think there's probable cause to check the dude's T/E ratios. Mainly because I have experienced a wide range of T/E ratios.

So you are saying it's the bully cop's blood they should have taken?

The guy just flipped out. The nurse refusing to let him draw blood was the straw that broke the camel's back. He acted and looked totally irrational. He saw her talking to the super, she held the phone so he could hear him, too. Going off on her is as irrational as things get. You really don't want a guy who flies off the handle like that on the force.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post