Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(05-09-2017 07:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Smells like testosterone and illicit androgen Roid Rage to me. Dude didn't cycle his steroids properly. I think there's probable cause to check the dude's T/E ratios. Mainly because I have experienced a wide range of T/E ratios.

So you are saying it's the bully cop's blood they should have taken?

The guy just flipped out. The nurse refusing to let him draw blood was the straw that broke the camel's back. He acted and looked totally irrational. He saw her talking to the super, she held the phone so he could hear him, too. Going off on her is as irrational as things get. You really don't want a guy who flies off the handle like that on the force.

That's what I said, roid rage. I know supraphysioloigcal levels of testosterone when I see it because I got my own home videos of it. Tongue If I was the local hyopogonadal prosecutor, I would personally recognize the behavioral effects of supraphysiological testosterone levels and could prima facie argue probable cause for a T/E test based on my own blood work and home video documented expereince. I think I could do that. ... I probably couldn't do that. BnW would know if I could do that. Consider

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 09:38 PM
(05-09-2017 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dude, the cop was from Idaho. His boss thanked the nurse.

I don't know why the cop was insisting on it. It's uncertain if they even knew at the time of the accident that the other guy was a reserve cop from another state.

Honestly this whole thing is beginning to smell like either the cop was seriously mistaken and thought this guy was the suspect or trying to play cover his departments ass, in trying to lay blame for the accident on the other driver.

What we do know is that there was a high speed chase. Driver being chased died at the scene. Other driver was unconscious and badly burned.

Cop went to hospital to demand to be allowed to draw blood. You can hear him saying no judge would issue a warrant because he had NO PROBABLE CAUSE and without that, exigent circumstances cannot apply. If they did he would have had probable cause to get a fucking warrant.

The family (of the guy being chased) has no case against the other driver. The other driver didn't cause his death.

But they do have a case against the cops.

So does the family of the reserve cop from Idaho.

Going further since the guy was brought in unconscious the first blood test taken along to type him would have drug/alcohol.

If it was really that fucking important, they could have issued a subpoena if anyone did sue.

Which makes your weird argument really stupid.

And he was lecturing everyone else to "think it through"....maybe he should have given himself that advice.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
05-09-2017, 11:55 PM
(05-09-2017 09:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dude, the cop was from Idaho. His boss thanked the nurse.

I don't know why the cop was insisting on it. It's uncertain if they even knew at the time of the accident that the other guy was a reserve cop from another state.

Honestly this whole thing is beginning to smell like either the cop was seriously mistaken and thought this guy was the suspect or trying to play cover his departments ass, in trying to lay blame for the accident on the other driver.

What we do know is that there was a high speed chase. Driver being chased died at the scene. Other driver was unconscious and badly burned.

Cop went to hospital to demand to be allowed to draw blood. You can hear him saying no judge would issue a warrant because he had NO PROBABLE CAUSE and without that, exigent circumstances cannot apply. If they did he would have had probable cause to get a fucking warrant.

The family (of the guy being chased) has no case against the other driver. The other driver didn't cause his death.

But they do have a case against the cops.

So does the family of the reserve cop from Idaho.

Going further since the guy was brought in unconscious the first blood test taken along to type him would have drug/alcohol.

If it was really that fucking important, they could have issued a subpoena if anyone did sue.

Which makes your weird argument really stupid.

And he was lecturing everyone else to "think it through"....maybe he should have given himself that advice.

I know, and while I will admit to be mildly curious why this cop was pressing the issue about the blood -- at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. The nurse was right and he was very wrong.

I watched the press conference given by the mayor and police chief. I don't blame all the cops in this. This seems to be a poor decision.

He's been suspended from that program (which means he can't collect blood anymore) and while their internal investigations occur, he's at a desk job. This incident happened at the end of July (I believe) and changes were already implemented -- as a consequence now the police cannot deal directly with nursing/medical staff and will not be allowed in treatment areas. The hospital security will take over (in the case of criminals requiring medical treatment to ensure safety of staff), which is probably a good thing. Everyone has had a new or refresher course training now and that's another good thing.

The police have been mostly transparent and apologetic, as they should be. Also. even the police chief seemed a bit flummoxed why the blood draw was an issue because they were already going to obtain a medical subpoena for results (if needed) -- so it really was completely unnecessary for any of this to happen. He said he hoped that would become more clear during the internal affairs investigation and the group of advisory citizens tasked with their own investigation.

Now that this is public, they're doing what they should be doing to repair that community trust. They are apologizing to the nurse and to the medical professionals, and everyone else who heard it (remember this occurred on a hospital burn unit floor) and admitting wrongdoing.

Also, it was up to the nurse and her attorney's to release the video, which I agree because other hospitals have already taken similar steps to prevent this type of overreaching by law enforcement and also to make sure they have the proper people on staff and on site who are far better suited to deal with these kinds of incidents, should they arise.

The cop has even apologized to the nurse for his actions.

What more needs to be said about this?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Here's something I don't understand. Presumably the ER would've ordered a tox screen on the guy as soon as he came in so they would know how to treat him ("Stop the morphine drip! Dud'es blowing a .36!"). Cop wasn't looking to leave there with blood, he was looking to leave there with already acquired medical results. No. You can't do that. Give the nurse a raise. Put the cop in charge of donuts.

#sigh
06-09-2017, 12:34 AM
(06-09-2017 12:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Here's something I don't understand. Presumably the ER would've ordered a tox screen on the guy as soon as he came in so they would know how to treat him ("Stop the morphine drip! Dud'es blowing a .36!"). Cop wasn't looking to leave there with blood, he was looking to leave there with already acquired medical results. No. You can't do that. Give the nurse a raise. Put the cop in charge of donuts.

My understanding he's a licensed by the police to draw blood, but yeah a medical subpoena would have given the police all the information, without them personally taking the blood.

This is why this was just a really dumb situation.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-09-2017, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 06:41 AM by BikerDude.)
(05-09-2017 03:50 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:52 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Maybe if we treated police like any other professional this sort of gross negligence would result in loss of employment.
How could it be more evident that this guy should not be a cop.
This would be equivalent to a surgeon cutting off the wrong limb.
It's that level of incompetence.
But we don't treat police incompetence with the same sort of seriousness we do for other professions.
While I don't know the cops background I've reached a place where I seriously think that former military service should almost be a disqualification for being a cop.
This is how soldiers in an occupying force act.
I really don't think it's my or anyone else's imagination.
These incidents are getting more and more common.

I have to disagree with you. Everyone I serve with in the military takes orders and regulations and directives very seriously. I don't think you'd see a military member in good standing even considering violating a policy such as this in this situation.

That may well be.
Like I say "I've reached a place...."
We've had several incidents in my area of cops going absolutely nuts and in every one of the cases they had come back from Iraq.
We NEVER. I mean NEVER had anything like this sort of thing in my lifetime.
They did handle it correctly and the cop resigned.

I just don't remember ever having so many incidents of power mad cops as we've had since all these guys are coming back from war.
You wanna say it has nothing to do with it? OK.
What else explains it? I really don't think it's an illusion and I don't have any other explanations.
And here's the cop's facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/shawn.glans
It is an endless stream of stuff nearly entirely about the military.
Honestly I would think that most of the genuine well balanced military personnel who actually do their duty in protecting the values of the US and the US constitution would start getting a bit fed up with this sort of douche bag.
And there just seems to be a bumper crop of them.
IMO they do give a bad name to the genuine article.
But all I ever see is police and military stepping up to defend them no matter how blatantly insane they act.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
06-09-2017, 08:08 AM
(05-09-2017 05:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 03:46 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I don't do illegal drugs (because they are, you know, illegal!!), and don't think anyone else should either. Pretty simple, actually.

How do you feel about consumption of unregulated drugs the US don't give a shit about it? 'Cause almost all of the shit available at RUPharma.com is completely legal in the USA, customs has no problems letting it through, and there's some serious psychotropic shit in there that if you don't know what you're doing could fuck you up good. How do you feel about that? Is it still simple? Is to me.

Not familiar with what you are referencing, but for me personally, if it's not illegal, then people are free to make that choice. If they don't understand the consequences, risks, etc. then that's their problem. Think of the alcoholic who is drinking themselves to death. It's not illegal, so it's on them to make the proper choices.

So I guess, yeah, still simple for me.
06-09-2017, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 08:18 AM by BikerDude.)
(06-09-2017 08:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Not familiar with what you are referencing, but for me personally, if it's not illegal, then people are free to make that choice. If they don't understand the consequences, risks, etc. then that's their problem. Think of the alcoholic who is drinking themselves to death. It's not illegal, so it's on them to make the proper choices.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Right on!
Freedom. What a concept.
Don't take it away from those who can handle it to compensate for the idiots who can't.
It won't work. Never has and never will.
It will just lead us down the path that Orwell told us about.

[Image: B7Kd56QIcAAkscz.jpg:large]
[Image: ConformAndObey650pw.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
06-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Hoping people aren't that oblivious to think one type of political disaster isn't possible when others sit there in action. The tribalism of ideas.

Do people not remember or is there a different from memory and awareness.

Saying I don't remember police being this way is like people saying it was safer from crime and perpetrators in their olden 20-60 years back days, it was statistically not at all safer and full of more criminal actions of those types, but people were just unaware without a true ability to be made as aware as they can be now with evidence being able to spread everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-09-2017, 02:47 PM
(06-09-2017 08:12 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 08:08 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Not familiar with what you are referencing, but for me personally, if it's not illegal, then people are free to make that choice. If they don't understand the consequences, risks, etc. then that's their problem. Think of the alcoholic who is drinking themselves to death. It's not illegal, so it's on them to make the proper choices.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Right on!
Freedom. What a concept.
Don't take it away from those who can handle it to compensate for the idiots who can't.
It won't work. Never has and never will.
It will just lead us down the path that Orwell told us about.

[Image: B7Kd56QIcAAkscz.jpg:large]
[Image: ConformAndObey650pw.jpg]

It is sarcastic clapping? Cause freedom is taken away when gov arbitrarily forbids use of one drug yet don't have trouble with other.

Gov cracking down on drugs I see as nothing more than tough sheriff act designed to appeal to authoritarian minded individuals and way for police to obtain some easy score.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post