Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
It doesn't look like the union had the cop's back at all. I'm not saying the cop wasn't wrong but if this story didn't become a YouTube cause célèbre there's no way a cop would be fired for a shitty arrest where the victim wasn't physically harmed at all. I think the police department should have had to pay the nurse around 3 grand and the cop should've got a couple weeks of unpaid leave at most.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2017, 10:46 AM
(11-10-2017 10:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 09:59 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Let's see -- he was in an accident, sustained injuries, and later died from those injuries. This is a fairly common occurrence, and is, yes, a "non story" outside of that local area. It is not national news in the same sense as an innocent person being manhandled by police (which is what people "got excited" about). Why would you expect anyone here to mention it? And why do you even bother to specify "white"? Everyone involved in this incident was white. Race has nothing to do with it. The police mistreated an innocent person who was just doing her job, and used excessive force in the process. That's news. The rest of it is everyday stuff.

I know, I wonder if OLB can the name the names off the top of his head of the many other part time cops that died, also while off duty as a result of a traffic accident? I wonder if he searches those out as well and sheds crocodile tears for them as well.

Considering that he didn't post anything about the officer in question at the time of his passing, my best guess is that he just googled to find out the current condition and feigns his outrage because he's got nothing else to say.

I'm just tired of the petty bullshit and false outrage.

Yup.. I had to Google.. Wasn't easy to find either....

Why??

Cuz he's just a white cop who died...

It' s not like somebody hurt his little feelings and handcuffed him!!!

Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-10-2017, 10:48 AM
(11-10-2017 10:39 AM)ImFred Wrote:  It doesn't look like the union had the cop's back at all. I'm not saying the cop wasn't wrong but if this story didn't become a YouTube cause célèbre there's no way a cop would be fired for a shitty arrest where the victim wasn't physically harmed at all. I think the police department should have had to pay the nurse around 3 grand and the cop should've got a couple weeks of unpaid leave at most.

Actually the state and police commissioner along with the hospital had already organized an advisory panel that worked with the police's own internal investigation.

The hospital also was already in talks with the police before the story publicly broke. The police gave the tape to the nurse's attorney, and they decided to release it -- so that other police and hospitals would be aware, but it's likely even if they hadn't released the tape all the stuff would have happened anyway (the officer being fired, the police no longer allowed in the patient treatment areas etc).

What was gained is that other hospitals have enacted similar rules regarding police engaging in conversations with nursing and medical staff -- that awareness is a good thing for patient confidentiality and that their civil rights are protected.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-10-2017, 10:58 AM
(11-10-2017 10:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah... Cause being arrested for doing what's right and following hospital policy is sooooo much more intrusive unjust than being made dead by a common accident...
Almost... here, I fixed it for you.

Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 11:01 AM
(11-10-2017 10:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 10:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know, I wonder if OLB can the name the names off the top of his head of the many other part time cops that died, also while off duty as a result of a traffic accident? I wonder if he searches those out as well and sheds crocodile tears for them as well.

Considering that he didn't post anything about the officer in question at the time of his passing, my best guess is that he just googled to find out the current condition and feigns his outrage because he's got nothing else to say.

Why??

Gasp

Which part of the family asking for privacy don't you understand?

When a family asks for privacy two things snap to mind, one is the media is circling or the family member isn't likely to survive -- in this case it's probably both. I don't live in that state, but it's not surprising that outside of that local area, most people wouldn't know about it. Recently I read on social media that one of our county sheriff's was killed in a car accident. They weren't on duty -- just another of the 102 people that die every day in vehicle crash that we really don't hear about. Drinking Beverage

You're the one who jumped to the conclusion that they NEEDED the blood because he might be blamed for the accident -- now we know they didn't know he was even a cop at that time. You speculated endlessly about this whole thing and it turned out every single one of you speculations were wrong.

HIS FAMILY THANKED THE NURSE AS DID THE POLICE CHIEF IN IDAHO FOR PROTECTING HIS RIGHTS WHILE COMATOSE!

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-10-2017, 11:11 AM
(11-10-2017 10:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Cuz he's just a white cop who died...

It's telling that you're only complaining about a white cop's death not being newsworthy. Why aren't you interested in all the other random people who die in accidents? There's nothing unique about this cop's story like there is about the nurse's arrest so, if you think it should be newsworthy, where's your outrage about all of them? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 11:20 AM
(11-10-2017 10:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah... Cause being arrested is sooooo much more intrusive than being made dead....

Facepalm

He wasn't "made dead" in the sense of someone deliberately killing him. There is no crime involved in his death. He died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. That's regrettable, but it's not big national news. It happens all the time, and nobody has done anything wrong to cause it to happen.

When a police officer deliberately ignores the law that he's sworn to uphold and arrests and manhandles an innocent civilian in violation of that law -- yeah, that's news! Comparing the amount of harm done is beside the point. In one case, it's accidental harm; in the other case, it's deliberate harm, done by a police officer in violation of the law that it's his job to uphold. Do you not see the difference?
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-10-2017, 12:48 PM
I didn't know the injured cop died. I do know that the arresting officer was very recently fired for violating policy within the police force

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/health/uta...index.html

Personally I'm glad he was fired. The Salt Lake City police force has had some major problems the last few years, so the last thing it needs is cops on power trips.

If you weep at the loss of the sun, then your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
11-10-2017, 01:18 PM
(11-10-2017 10:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 10:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know, I wonder if OLB can the name the names off the top of his head of the many other part time cops that died, also while off duty as a result of a traffic accident? I wonder if he searches those out as well and sheds crocodile tears for them as well.

Why??

Gasp

I was arrested and handcuffed once, and spent a night in jail (for the heinous crime of possessing and smoking marijuana). It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life -- and I was guilty of what they arrested me for. If I had been totally innocent and was arrested just because the cop wanted to be a dick, it would have been considerably more traumatic. It goes way beyond having your feelings hurt.

And the fact that the guy was a white cop is totally irrelevant here. He died from injuries sustained in a car accident. That has nothing whatsoever to do with his race or occupation.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-10-2017, 01:56 PM
(11-10-2017 12:48 PM)Miscellaniac Wrote:  I didn't know the injured cop died. I do know that the arresting officer was very recently fired for violating policy within the police force

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/health/uta...index.html

Personally I'm glad he was fired. The Salt Lake City police force has had some major problems the last few years, so the last thing it needs is cops on power trips.

Yeah I posted about that a couple pages back now, when I necro’d the thread. Which was the point of the necro. OLB got his panties in a twist and got all salty because no one mentioned that the cop died a couple weeks ago. Incidentally he just found that today because he wanted to make a point that’s valid only in his head.

I’m glad he was fired too.