Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(02-09-2017 02:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Here's a question for you... given the similarities regarding the US and Oz in terms of nation-building, why aren't Aussie cops like this Lord Dark Helmet wannabe?

Consider

Well we aren't great. For example. I was happy to move from Melbourne to Sydney some decades ago. While not a criminal I was treated as if I were. I was once stopped by police while walking home after a training session. Carrying a sports bag.

I once watched a cop put out a cigarette on a guy's forearm at a gig I played. The cops came into the venue to perform a drug test. The man was asking what was going on.

I've seen poor behavior in Queensland as well. It's a continent and people are separated by some distance. It appears to differ from place to place.

That was my impression while travelling around Australia many times has shown me.

That's pretty much the same in the US. Police squads have "cultures". Sherriff Smith from Hinterville isn't going to behave like Sergeant Jones from Chicago. Of course there is always the occasional deranged person...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2017, 02:46 PM
I'd be pissed for sure but I wouldn't think it was newsworthy.
02-09-2017, 02:53 PM
(02-09-2017 02:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's pretty much the same in the US. Police squads have "cultures". Sherriff Smith from Hinterville isn't going to behave like Sergeant Jones from Chicago. Of course there is always the occasional deranged person...

Sure. Of course we suffer because Australia being a continent that is mostly uninhabitable, the populating is small.

In the past that hindered communication. Of course now with social media that may be, or perhaps even has changed.

I am 4 years out of the loop. I can only guess.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-09-2017, 02:55 PM
(02-09-2017 02:46 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'd be pissed for sure but I wouldn't think it was newsworthy.

Sorry to double post.

I think this behavior needs to be shown in public as a matter of public safety. People need to be informed as to the actual situation. If not, how can things change?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
02-09-2017, 03:23 PM
(02-09-2017 02:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 02:46 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'd be pissed for sure but I wouldn't think it was newsworthy.

Sorry to double post.

I think this behavior needs to be shown in public as a matter of public safety. People need to be informed as to the actual situation. If not, how can things change?

Exactly. It's absolutely not a non-story. It's showing a cop who clearly expected to get away with unlawful behaviour. That implies a systemic problem. The wide media coverage means that after several more incidents and public outcry, *maybe* someone will think about doing something - probably window dressing - to pretend that there isn't a problem. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
02-09-2017, 03:24 PM
(02-09-2017 02:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Sorry to double post.

Well if the angle of the story was American cop gets pissed off but the nurse somehow survived then I could see it.
02-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Why do you care what you deem newsworthy?

You live in an era where any sign of police overstepping grounds has a great chance to blow up in social media scales or become discussion points on talking head news networks. So that's what is gonna happen in this culture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-09-2017, 03:33 PM
(02-09-2017 03:24 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
Why do you care what you deem newsworthy?

You live in an era where any sign of police overstepping grounds has a great chance to blow up in social media scales or become discussion points on talking head news networks. So that's what is gonna happen in this culture.

If there was some sort of reasonable balance I could understand. I know human interest is going to fuel the news to some degree but when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing. Whatever pops on social media is one thing but official news agencies need to start covering the news, even if the details are a bit dry.
02-09-2017, 03:36 PM
(02-09-2017 03:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:24 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why do you care what you deem newsworthy?

If there was some sort of reasonable balance I could understand. I know human interest is going to fuel the news to some degree but when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing. Whatever pops on social media is one thing but official news agencies need to start covering the news, even if the details are a bit dry.

None of your posts in this thread have anything to do with the nurse being manhandled. Why don't you start a thread about media coverage of events in South America if that is what you want to talk about.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
02-09-2017, 03:39 PM
(02-09-2017 03:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing.

And yet again, people, apparently, means Americans (of course it does, what else would it mean, don't be stupid, Vera Dodgy )

Of course, this is the person who thought that an elderly man being bloodied for refusing to get off a plane was acting all victimised and shit, the whiny bastard of a doctor Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 9 users Like Vera's post