Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(02-09-2017 03:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:24 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why do you care what you deem newsworthy?

You live in an era where any sign of police overstepping grounds has a great chance to blow up in social media scales or become discussion points on talking head news networks. So that's what is gonna happen in this culture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If there was some sort of reasonable balance I could understand. I know human interest is going to fuel the news to some degree but when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing. Whatever pops on social media is one thing but official news agencies need to start covering the news, even if the details are a bit dry.

This is not a human interest story. It's a story about a member of law enforcement overstepping their bounds which is something that can have an impact on many people if not stopped. The best way to stop this sort of thing is to draw attention to it so that it isn't swept under the carpet.

Different topics are of interest to different people. The news isn't going to be tailored to what you find worthy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2017, 03:42 PM
(02-09-2017 03:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing.

And yet again, people, apparently, means Americans (of course it does, what else would it mean, don't be stupid, Vera Dodgy )

Of course, this is the person who thought that an elderly man being bloodied for refusing to get off a plane was acting all victimised and shit, the whiny bastard of a doctor Drinking Beverage

At least that story was genuinely amusing.
02-09-2017, 03:46 PM
(02-09-2017 03:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  And yet again, people, apparently, means Americans (of course it does, what else would it mean, don't be stupid, Vera Dodgy )

Of course, this is the person who thought that an elderly man being bloodied for refusing to get off a plane was acting all victimised and shit, the whiny bastard of a doctor Drinking Beverage

At least that story was genuinely amusing.

Beating people bloody isn't something that everyone finds 'amusing'.

You are one the of most Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde people I have ever encountered.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2017, 03:48 PM
(02-09-2017 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  If there was some sort of reasonable balance I could understand. I know human interest is going to fuel the news to some degree but when people know the ends and outs of these minor stories but don't even have a clue about anything at all happening in the entire continent of South America it's disturbing. Whatever pops on social media is one thing but official news agencies need to start covering the news, even if the details are a bit dry.

This is not a human interest story. It's a story about a member of law enforcement overstepping their bounds which is something that can have an impact on many people if not stopped. The best way to stop this sort of thing is to draw attention to it so that it isn't swept under the carpet.

Different topics are of interest to different people. The news isn't going to be tailored to what you find worthy.

There's been like twenty stories of American cops KILLING people for no reason over the past couple years. There's relative importance and shit that's just entertainment. This isn't fucking news except that it is newsworthy that people want to pretend it's newsworthy.
02-09-2017, 03:53 PM
(02-09-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  At least that story was genuinely amusing.

Maybe. But I'm consistent here. A baby starving in Sudan breaks my heart. A grown man swallowing teeth after acting like a bitch makes me laugh. There's a huge difference.
02-09-2017, 03:55 PM
(02-09-2017 03:53 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Beating people bloody isn't something that everyone finds 'amusing'.

Maybe. But I'm consistent here. A baby starving in Sudan breaks my heart. A grown man swallowing teeth after acting like a bitch makes me laugh. There's a huge difference.

I only know you here...FFS.

If you are consistent here it's in that you are inconsistent, always.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-09-2017, 03:56 PM
(02-09-2017 03:53 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Beating people bloody isn't something that everyone finds 'amusing'.

Are you on dope, boy?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
02-09-2017, 03:59 PM
(02-09-2017 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  At least that story was genuinely amusing.

He's just a troll and says contrary shit he thinks will get a rise out of people. Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
02-09-2017, 04:09 PM
(02-09-2017 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  He's just a troll and says contrary shit he thinks will get a rise out of people. Sadcryface

The funniest (well, saddest, really. Well, second saddest. The saddest one is him) thing is that trolls like this assume they're making us angry or something, where at best their vomit elicits a shake of the head and (not so) gentle pity. What sad lives their real ones must be....

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
02-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Vera you're a horrible troll yourself. You constantly spew bitter invective. If it helps I know how you feel.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post