Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(02-09-2017 11:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 10:55 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Nobody was injured in the process.

I beg to differ. The nurse was injured in the process, injury doesn't have to mean bloodshed.

If I were her, I would be terrified to deal with cops at work. And maybe outside of work. I certainly wouldn't trust cops anymore. The attack was so unprovoked and out of nowhere, that it causes total shock. Just look at the vid! The consequences for her are still outstanding.
I agree. It's also completely humiliating in front of her coworkers and any onlookers that were outside.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
02-09-2017, 04:35 PM
(02-09-2017 03:53 PM)ImFred Wrote:  ...
Maybe. But I'm consistent here. A baby starving in Sudan breaks my heart. A grown man swallowing teeth after acting like a bitch makes me laugh. There's a huge difference.

If it's any consolation, I get what you're saying... sense of proportion and all that.

The geopolitics (off-shore oil grabbing) / cholera / genocide in the Yemen gets barely a mention and this seems trivial by comparison.

But it's still newsworthy... 1st World newsworthy. Violations of the Rule of Law or challenges to Freedom of Expression are exactly what the 1st Worlders should be discussing on social media.

In a way, lucky them. I wonder what the Syrians would give to have "Cop Arrests Nurse" as their biggest headline?

If it bugs you, I recommend not using 1st World social media.

Dodgy

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
02-09-2017, 04:46 PM
(02-09-2017 03:48 PM)ImFred Wrote:  There's been like twenty stories of American cops KILLING people for no reason over the past couple years. There's relative importance and shit that's just entertainment. This isn't fucking news except that it is newsworthy that people want to pretend it's newsworthy.

You think there is a real difference? Killing and man-handling by cops are just different levels of the very same problem - some power-hungry cops who think they can do whatever they want because they're wearing a badge!

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
02-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Quote:You think there is a real difference?

Yes. I think a bullet to the face is substantially more serious.
02-09-2017, 05:39 PM
(02-09-2017 05:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:You think there is a real difference?

Yes. I think a bullet to the face is substantially more serious.
And what's more likely and potentially more like to happen to a genernal news watcher?

So do you want only life ending police and authority abuses to be covered by news cases? The point of talking about it as news is to treat these infractions as preventable by better interest and awareness.

Yeah Americans lack gobial social awareness and media influence aids that but issues that are directly likely to affect ones life like police human interactions is gonna get more attention by them than the constant unfocused human interest unrest and war crime stories are about. If something should be covered less it's the daily ongoing of a president over a direct abuse of police power in force.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Although I don't relate to the human to human connection to the nurse I think I failed to take into account there are real 4th Amendment issues at play here. It's more important than I thought. I was wrong about the newsworthiness. Also, although I don't feel bad for the nurse I do respect that she stood her ground and stood by her professional ethics.
02-09-2017, 06:33 PM
(02-09-2017 06:17 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Although I don't relate to the human to human connection to the nurse I think I failed to take into account there are real 4th Amendment issues at play here. It's more important than I thought. I was wrong about the newsworthiness. Also, although I don't feel bad for the nurse I do respect that she stood her ground and stood by her professional ethics.

Well it's a good thing there are laws (and Amendments) so that those lacking empathy can have the black/white they need to function in society.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2017, 09:40 PM
(02-09-2017 05:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Yes. I think a bullet to the face is substantially more serious.
You missed the point. Obviously, someone dead is worse than someone being manhandled. But today it's manhandling this woman. Tomorrow it's shooting someone dead. It's the personality and it doesn't take much for that personality type to escalate into the worst especially if the first gets no rebuke.

03-09-2017, 12:02 AM
I got the point. I'm just not that impressed by it.
03-09-2017, 12:03 PM
It's not a non-story at all. This type of behavior needs to be shown. There's this weird progression of goalpost shifting in all this; in the past if this hadn't have been caught on video, the response would be "There's no proof". Now there's proof and suddenly it's some non-story. Bullshit.

But I will say I do notice on my Facebook feed a great number of white conservative types seem to be "outraged" by this, and they are the same that post "Blue Lives Matter" and seemingly blindly support the police in every one of the shootings involving minorities. And before the usual suspects butt in with their faux outrage of "ARE YOU COMPARING A NURSE DOING HER JOB WITH A CRIMINAL?????"; no I'm comparing the Gestapo tactics and power trip bullying in both situations. I mean pardon me, but I'm not seeing a lot of these right wing usual suspects in this case saying "Just do what the cop saysand you'll be fine!", now suddenly it's "Man that cop is an asshole!".
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post