Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 01:17 PM by Rockblossom.)
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
I think a lot of people are kinda sliding around past the point, or points.

The accident happened because there was a police chase and the suspect was racing through traffic until the patient in the hospital hit him. ( <-- yeah, weird sentence. Sadcryface )The suspect died in the crash, and the one who hit him was unconscious with severe burns. Police chases have been of concern to courts in Utah and leave police depts open to lawsuits from innocent people hurt in such chases.

Not taking blood from an unconscious patient who is not under arrest without consent or a warrent is not just hospital policy, it is the law as per the Birchfield vs. North Dakota Supreme Court ruling last year. And at least some of the police involved (the ones there, and the ones who ordered the blood draw) were either unaware that taking the blood was illegal, or they conveniently forgot.

The police involved said they needed a blood draw to "protect the patient." Um, .. pretect the patient from what, exactly?
Quote:Payne said he wanted to obtain a blood sample from the man, who was unconscious due to the crash, to see if he had illegal substances in his system when it took place.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/james-trac...e-wubbels/
How would checking for drugs in the patient's blood help protect the patient? It certainly looks like they were hoping any trace of drugs in the patient's system would possibly throw some blame for the crash on to the patient and make it harder for him, or the suspect's family, to sue the police for causeing the crash with their car chase.

This is not a case of one rogue cop, or a couple of cops getting too aggressive. It's a case of several police (at least) willing to break the law to protect their own asses from a lawsuit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Rockblossom's post
03-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Definitely not a non-story. Hope it leads to better police training and whatever necessary firings and disciplinary actions.

We're all going to view this based partly on our own beliefs and attitudes about cops (or at least the cops in our own city/nation/etc)...is something like this really evidence of systemic abuse, or a rare screw up? Or some mix of both?

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
03-09-2017, 01:27 PM
(03-09-2017 12:02 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I got the point. I'm just not that impressed by it.

The fact that you are unimpressed does not impress me.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-09-2017, 02:02 PM
(02-09-2017 10:22 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Because she was doing her job.

Funny how the right takes notice when a white person has their rights violated but when it happens to blacks, it suddenly becomes, "If you didn't resist".

I agree this type of thing should not happen, but this is the type of violation blacks and even Hispanics have to worry about on a daily basis.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
03-09-2017, 02:25 PM
(03-09-2017 02:02 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 10:22 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Because she was doing her job.

Funny how the right takes notice when a white person has their rights violated but when it happens to blacks, it suddenly becomes, "If you didn't resist".

I agree this type of thing should not happen, but this is the type of violation blacks and even Hispanics have to worry about on a daily basis.

The more it happens to white people (like the Aussie woman who was shot too Sad ), the more awareness will be generated. It's a cruel reality. Hopefully as well though, it highlights the hypocrisy and will mean that reports and complaints from minority communities are taken more seriously going forward.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
(03-09-2017 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:02 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny how the right takes notice when a white person has their rights violated but when it happens to blacks, it suddenly becomes, "If you didn't resist".

The more it happens to white people (like the Aussie woman who was shot too Sad ), the more awareness will be generated. It's a cruel reality. Hopefully as well though, it highlights the hypocrisy and will mean that reports and complaints from minority communities are taken more seriously going forward.

I agree, and for the whites whom say, "I am not a bigot", they miss the point. The point is our species is deep rooted in tribalism. Not just here but worldwide. Our species artificial constructs of "majority vs minority", are just that.

A majority in one part of the world is going to be a minority in another part of the world. But what has not changed is that our entire species shares the same common ancestors.

Race is an artificial construct, just like ethnic and culture are. But racism exists for the simple reason that humans don't have a global view of humanity at a great degree enough.

Whites whom claim they are not bigots may look at this and say, 'Stop making this about race". Again, this misses the point.

The point is humans don't like their social orders upset ON AVERAGE, so even those within that majority who don't agree with the bigotry are still allowing cover to those whom do promote purity.

Problem is that this lady, no matter how much I agree with her anger, and agree she should SUE, she is far more likely to win a lawsuit than a black or Hispanic if they went through the same thing.

Whites need to watch this if they want to understand what blacks and Hispanics go through when getting pulled over by cops.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2017, 02:58 PM
What the fuck are you talking about Brian? You sound like you're saying that to be white is to be bigoted?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-09-2017, 03:23 PM
(02-09-2017 04:20 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Vera you're a horrible troll yourself. You constantly spew bitter invective. If it helps I know how you feel.

Flattery will get you nowhere Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
03-09-2017, 03:56 PM
(03-09-2017 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  What the fuck are you talking about Brian? You sound like you're saying that to be white is to be bigoted?

I don't think that was his point, I think he was saying the same thing I was basically; that a lot of white people are viewing this and are outraged at how the cop acted and what he tried to get away with, and other minorities are saying "That's what we've been putting up with for a long time.", and in my experience I'm seeing this from the same white people who had a completely different reaction to pretty much every police incident that's happened in the past year or two.

I've seen no "the nurse should have just done what she was told and she would have been ok" or any digging into the nurse's past to see if she had a speeding ticket one time or she was cited for loitering so they can point out "well she has a criminal past."
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
03-09-2017, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-09-2017 04:20 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Vera you're a horrible troll yourself. You constantly spew bitter invective. If it helps I know how you feel.

Difference is she's attractive, you're not. You're ugly. I've never even seen a pic of you and I don't need to, you're ugly, like in your soul ugly.

#sigh