Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 04:48 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(03-09-2017 03:56 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  What the fuck are you talking about Brian? You sound like you're saying that to be white is to be bigoted?

I don't think that was his point, I think he was saying the same thing I was basically; that a lot of white people are viewing this and are outraged at how the cop acted and what he tried to get away with, and other minorities are saying "That's what we've been putting up with for a long time.", and in my experience I'm seeing this from the same white people who had a completely different reaction to pretty much every police incident that's happened in the past year or two.

I've seen no "the nurse should have just done what she was told and she would have been ok" or any digging into the nurse's past to see if she had a speeding ticket one time or she was cited for loitering so they can point out "well she has a criminal past."

I really don't think race plays into this at all. Any nurse who would have 'defied' this cop by putting her foot down and following the rules of not taking blood without the person's consent would have been treated the same but this Neanderthal behind a badge.

It's ridiculous to make this a race issue...it's not.

As potential patients we should all be so lucky as to have a nurse as dedicated to following medical procedure as she is. The color of her skin doesn't matter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
03-09-2017, 04:30 PM
What if the nurse had been black? Oh man.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
03-09-2017, 04:32 PM
(02-09-2017 01:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:11 PM)tomilay Wrote:  It's as if they are trained to treat anybody who questions them as an imminent threat. This guy just victimized the nurse because she was the available target.

In the video the cop made it clear to the nurse that he understood what the hospital's policy was, he then asked her if she intended to enforce those policies and that's when he targeted her and all hell broke loose.

Be it noted that that policy was one agreed upon by the officer's department. I doubt he has the authority to override agreed policy, and I'm sure that a violation of that agreed policy is not a criminal act, given that his superiors consented to the policy in place.
03-09-2017, 04:34 PM
(03-09-2017 04:30 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  What if the nurse had been black? Oh man.

Pretty sure she's already a lesbian. Some sort of Olympic skier. You don'y get to be an Olympic female skier unless you're lesbian. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
03-09-2017, 04:36 PM
(02-09-2017 02:35 PM)ImFred Wrote:  This story shouldn't even have made the local news.

This is just fucking entertainment.

Think more and post less, kid. Hard to believe you're dull enough to overlook the obvious issues here .... but clearly I need to recalibrate my meter for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-09-2017, 05:03 PM
(03-09-2017 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I really don't think race plays into this at all. Any nurse who would have 'defied' this cop by putting her foot down and following the rules of not taking blood without the person's consent would have been treated the same but this Neanderthal behind a badge.

As potential patients we should all be so lucky as to have a nurse as dedicated to following medical procedure as she is. The color of her skin doesn't matter.

I'm not sure but you seem to have missed the point of my post.
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.
03-09-2017, 05:13 PM
So manhandled nurse and elderly man are basically whiny crybabies but your huwt feewings because people "hurl digs" at you are... what exactly?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
03-09-2017, 05:19 PM
(03-09-2017 05:03 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I really don't think race plays into this at all. Any nurse who would have 'defied' this cop by putting her foot down and following the rules of not taking blood without the person's consent would have been treated the same but this Neanderthal behind a badge.

I'm not sure but you seem to have missed the point of my post.
What is your point?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-09-2017, 05:22 PM
(03-09-2017 05:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.

As far as I can tell, that would be your main function here.

#sigh