Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: Nurse Bullied And Arrested By Cop On A Power Trip
(03-09-2017 05:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.

This is far from the only topic that puts you in the line of fire.

For someone with no empathy for others it seems that you are a little touchy yourself. Sometime back I asked if you wanted me to neg rep you...it was a joke. You said you wished I wouldn't so I didn't.

It looks to me like you do care, on some level. About yourself, of course, not others.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 05:53 PM
(03-09-2017 05:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:03 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I'm not sure but you seem to have missed the point of my post.
What is your point?

I'm not sure how to make it much clearer; you were committing on this not being about the race of the nurse and nowhere did I say it was.

I was commenting on the reaction from largely white conservatives I've seen online, that with previous police indicents where the target of said police antics was black, the reactions were usually pro-police. Statements such as "do as you are told and nothing bad will happen" and digging up the target's past; but now that the target is a white nurse, the same people are outraged at how terrible the cop acted. The gestaop tactics are the same.

So the actual incident, no probably not about race, but the reactions from people, I don't think I can necessarily agree.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
03-09-2017, 05:59 PM
(03-09-2017 05:53 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What is your point?

I'm not sure how to make it much clearer; you were committing on this not being about the race of the nurse and nowhere did I say it was.

I was commenting on the reaction from largely white conservatives I've seen online, that with previous police indicents where the target of said police antics was black, the reactions were usually pro-police. Statements such as "do as you are told and nothing bad will happen" and digging up the target's past; but now that the target is a white nurse, the same people are outraged at how terrible the cop acted. The gestaop tactics are the same.

So the actual incident, no probably not about race, but the reactions from people, I don't think I can necessarily agree.

Race isn't at issue in this case. Yet, you again bring up race. It's not relevant and shouldn't even be part of the discussion.

Without consent or a warrant the nurse was not to draw blood. The patient was unable to give consent, the cop unable to produce a warrant. Race isn't the issue. It's not even a side issue except for those who feel race must always come into play.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
03-09-2017, 07:03 PM
(03-09-2017 05:53 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  ...

I get what you're saying.

At the risk of getting too procedural here, we could break it down into two Incidents:
- The cop wanting to get blood against policy
- The treatment of the nurse (and reaction to it)

When analysing the root cause / the underlying Problem (an Ishikawa diagram would be apt here), the first has no racial element, the second does.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-09-2017, 07:04 PM
(03-09-2017 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I already conceded I was wrong but if it makes you feel better to keep hurling digs at me go ahead.

This is far from the only topic that puts you in the line of fire.

For someone with no empathy for others it seems that you are a little touchy yourself. Sometime back I asked if you wanted me to neg rep you...it was a joke. You said you wished I wouldn't so I didn't.

It looks to me like you do care, on some level. About yourself, of course, not others.

I remember another thread where I got shit for caring too much about the victims at Bikini Atoll. And if I say I have compassion and extreme passion on these issues that are fucking existential threats that are actually real holocausts I get shit for that. Maybe there's a coldness about how I think but in terms of empathy I have 1/1000 of the empathy for that woman than I do for a starving five year old. From my perspective, I'm living in a world with billionaires and starvation, no one seems to care at all, and people accuse me of lacking compassion because a woman was wrongly arrested and promptly released. Maybe it's because I'm completely devastated about shit a million times more tragic. Maybe the brutality that I face reality with would be an unlivable existence for most people so they carry on about shit that isn't even particularly sad. Maybe my brain is wired differently. I know humanity is fatigued with real tragedy but we need to dig in and deal with this shit instead of jumping from one faux corny outrage to the next.

And the mob old guard mentality here can suck my dick. Fuck your cunt club.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
03-09-2017, 07:05 PM
(03-09-2017 04:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  In the video the cop made it clear to the nurse that he understood what the hospital's policy was, he then asked her if she intended to enforce those policies and that's when he targeted her and all hell broke loose.

Be it noted that that policy was one agreed upon by the officer's department. I doubt he has the authority to override agreed policy, and I'm sure that a violation of that agreed policy is not a criminal act, given that his superiors consented to the policy in place.

Except that what the cop wanted to do violated federal law. The 4th amendment actually applies to blood being drawn thanks to the supreme court.

So there's that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-09-2017, 07:32 PM
(03-09-2017 05:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:53 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I'm not sure how to make it much clearer; you were committing on this not being about the race of the nurse and nowhere did I say it was.

Race isn't at issue in this case. Yet, you again bring up race. It's not relevant and shouldn't even be part of the discussion.

Without consent or a warrant the nurse was not to draw blood. The patient was unable to give consent, the cop unable to produce a warrant. Race isn't the issue. It's not even a side issue except for those who feel race must always come into play.

Jesus fucking christ I give up.
03-09-2017, 07:33 PM
(03-09-2017 07:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

At the risk of getting too procedural here, we could break it down into two Incidents:

When analysing the root cause / the underlying Problem (an Ishikawa diagram would be apt here), the first has no racial element, the second does.

Yes

How?

03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
(03-09-2017 07:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Yes

And bingo was his name-o.
03-09-2017, 07:37 PM
"Cops never do anything wrong." - Republicans