Nurse doesn't want to be a nurse anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Nurse doesn't want to be a nurse anymore
Hug

A few nurses we know have gone into respitory therapy, one became an OR nurse, and few went a completely different route and found themselves in counseling.

All were far happier in those positions, especially the OR nurse. Not as much bs for her to deal with.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 06:55 PM
(10-10-2014 06:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug

A few nurses we know have gone into respitory therapy, one became an OR nurse, and few went a completely different route and found themselves in counseling.

All were far happier in those positions, especially the OR nurse. Not as much bs for her to deal with.

Doing counseling or in counseling? Tongue

I think I'm about to find myself in counseling.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
10-10-2014, 07:14 PM
(10-10-2014 05:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't think I would enjoy pharmacy. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think of it like the sorta science/healthcare equivalent to accounting. I like projects. I don't really think of pharmacists as solving problems.

Hmmm...those of us who are accountants might take that comparison the wrong way... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
10-10-2014, 07:21 PM
(10-10-2014 07:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 05:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't think I would enjoy pharmacy. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think of it like the sorta science/healthcare equivalent to accounting. I like projects. I don't really think of pharmacists as solving problems.

Hmmm...those of us who are accountants might take that comparison the wrong way... Dodgy

Is there a wrong way? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-10-2014, 07:32 PM
(10-10-2014 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Hmmm...those of us who are accountants might take that comparison the wrong way... Dodgy

Is there a wrong way? Consider

Good point.

Accountant Meme

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
10-10-2014, 07:59 PM
(10-10-2014 07:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

No animosity towards accountants. Just not my cup of tea. Love the meme, btw.

Just like I could never be a cat herder... I mean preschool teacher.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
10-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Well, you could get a teaching degree and be a health teacher or be a school nurse?

Maybe become a writer? A waiter? A Welder?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-10-2014, 08:39 PM
(10-10-2014 06:55 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug

Doing counseling or in counseling? Tongue

I think I'm about to find myself in counseling.

First one, then maybe the other. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-10-2014, 08:50 PM
here's my suggestions- get into teaching nursing students or others. you have a huge amount of experience to draw from.

a friend is starting to get worn out by the physical aspect of nursing. She is going into a medical IT program. Most hospitals are using digitized records which needs security, connectivity, etc. She understands the roles and can help make the systems work better. IIRC the programs is called HITS ? or something along those lines.

another friend moved into hospice nursing, not sure I could watch ALL of my patients die.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-10-2014, 08:53 PM
(10-10-2014 08:27 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Well, you could get a teaching degree and be a health teacher or be a school nurse?

Maybe become a writer? A waiter? A Welder?

I don't want to be a nurse, even a school nurse. Nurses are treated like crap. I'm done with it. I realize I sound like a petulant child right now....

Teaching definitely appeals to me. Funny that you mention teaching health - Health is the only C I made in high school. It might have had something to do with a drug report and all of my citations were from High Times. Angel

I hear a lot of teachers complain about their job and express dissatisfaction. A common complaint is the pay, but they make more than I do and I work year round and on holidays (last year I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas, not by choice, for a whopping $4 an hour holiday pay). I wonder if it's anywhere comparable to my current situation. 'Cause from my vantage point, the grass looks a whole lot greener over there.

I would love to write. I have several stories in my head that I haven't had time to put to paper. The only problem is that I need sufficient income. My husband doesn't exactly have a lucrative career. Unless I could become the next Norah Roberts, I doubt it would be feasible.

A nurse is a highly educated, highly skilled underpaid waitress that wipes asses and pushes drugs (yes, I'm being self deprecating, but this is how patients and their families treat me, only they like to treat me like I must be stupid, "where's the doc? I have a question, and you're just a nurse"). No thanks. Although at least waitresses make tips. I just get written up if the patient or family is unhappy.

What kind of money does a welder make? I'd never thought of that as an occupation for myself. Or are you just having fun with alliteration....