Nursing Home Refuses CPR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Nursing Home Refuses CPR
Don't you feel a little bit "led by the nose" here?

Was this actually a nurse? Nurses don't get that education and stay in that profession unless they really do care about the health and well-being of the people they care for.

I think we're not getting the whole story. I have no idea what that whole story is, but I'm fairly certain I don't have it. I come from a family of nurses, I've been in and around medical professionals of all kinds all my life, and I have very long-lived relatives almost all of whom ended up in homes like this at some time, and never heard of any situation remotely capable of a situation like this, unless there was more to it that I can't imagine.

I could be wrong. This person on this recording could just be the world's biggest jerk. Or we could be getting just part of the story to provoke an overreaction - it's not like news agencies have never done that before.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
(05-03-2013 04:26 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Don't you feel a little bit "led by the nose" here?

Was this actually a nurse? Nurses don't get that education and stay in that profession unless they really do care about the health and well-being of the people they care for.

I think we're not getting the whole story. I have no idea what that whole story is, but I'm fairly certain I don't have it. I come from a family of nurses, I've been in and around medical professionals of all kinds all my life, and I have very long-lived relatives almost all of whom ended up in homes like this at some time, and never heard of any situation remotely capable of a situation like this, unless there was more to it that I can't imagine.

I could be wrong. This person on this recording could just be the world's biggest jerk. Or we could be getting just part of the story to provoke an overreaction - it's not like news agencies have never done that before.
Yep. Exactly what I said. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Yes she is a nurse.
She say's she's a nurse in the recording, and the media say she is too and nobody has corrected it.

How is there something we are missing here?
She was on one end of the phone, a 911 operator was on the other.
She refused to give CPR because it was against company policy.

It's that simple. Have you herd the recording?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I understand the desire to think that something horrific or idiotic simply can't be true (or at least, not in its entirety); but this is the way of the world, folks. Worse and more unbelievable things have happened.

Welcome to Earth. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
No, don't lump the world with America's stupidity.

This ISN'T how the world works.

06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
(06-03-2013 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, don't lump the world with America's stupidity.

Ever been to Africa?

06-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Re: Nursing Home Refuses CPR
I have a healthy disbelief for American media.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
07-03-2013, 05:09 AM
(06-03-2013 07:25 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, don't lump the world with America's stupidity.

Ever been to Africa?
Ever been to any other western country outside the US?

07-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Re: Nursing Home Refuses CPR
I have Smile

07-03-2013, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 10:36 AM by Misanthropik.)
(07-03-2013 05:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 07:25 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Ever been to Africa?
Ever been to any other western country outside the US?
I have, yes. Smile

However, I'm not sure how it would be relevant if I hadn't. The world - as a whole - is a cruel and unjust place. This would be the case whether or not I was in the exact place at the exact time to see it.

And finally, the word "world" is very vague, in that it is general. Every country outside of the US could be absolute utopia, but if cruel and unjust things still occur in only America; it is correct to say that they're occuring in the "world", because America resides within the world. Saying that these things occur "in the world" is not directly stating that all of the world has these problems. It does, of course, but that was originally a mute point.

(Fuckin' muffs) Drinking Beverage