Nye reverses stance on GMOs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Nye reverses stance on GMOs
It really angered me that Bill Nye spoke out at all about GMOs without doing the proper research. As the "Science Guy" he should know he shouldn't talk about a subject he knows nothing about until he does the research. I'm glad now that he has and is reversing his stance. This should shut up a bunch of ignorant fools and hopefully take away their last thread of unfounded accusations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energ...?tid=sm_fb

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
05-03-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Nye reverses stance on GMOs
(05-03-2015 12:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  This should shut up a bunch of ignorant fools and hopefully take away their last thread of unfounded accusations.

Seriously doubt it. Look at the anti-vaxers in spite of the mountain of evidence that they are safe and effective. Like the article says, he was at a corporation that the anti-GMO people hate. That is grounds to scream sellout. But we'll see.........

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Nye reverses stance on GMOs
I guess what I mean is, a LOT of the opponents held him up as their "proof" since they have none. "If Bill Nye the Science Guy says it's harmful it must be!"

Now that he has awoken from his fog they will have to resort to unfounded bullshit again, which weakens their effort.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user