O'Reilly shows his lack of morals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 11:13 PM
O'Reilly shows his lack of morals
Bill O'Reilly, one of the biggest scumbags on TV and of course a Fox News icon, was on the Tonight Show tonight hawking his Jesus book for kids. He told some anecdotes of how he bilked/extorted money from people in church when he was an altar boy and how he committed fraud to get into the Tonight Show as a college student. He's just a piece of shit and only proves it every time he opens that diarrhea factory he calls a mouth.

But anyway, he was talking about this book and how Jesus was the most popular man whoever lived, yada, yada, yada. And then he talked about how kids in secular homes don't even know about Jesus and they think when they hear "Jesus" someone is mad at them. So he said this was a book for 7- to 13-year-olds to explain who he was, why the Romans killed him, etc.

And it made me sick. What does the TTA Nation think about this? Is it child abuse to tell children this tripe and about eternal hell, etc.? I think so, but just wonder what others think. I know Dawkins is big on this.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: O'Reilly shows his lack of morals
(04-04-2014 11:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Bill O'Reilly, one of the biggest scumbags on TV and of course a Fox News icon, was on the Tonight Show tonight hawking his Jesus book for kids. He told some anecdotes of how he bilked/extorted money from people in church when he was an altar boy and how he committed fraud to get into the Tonight Show as a college student. He's just a piece of shit and only proves it every time he opens that diarrhea factory he calls a mouth.

But anyway, he was talking about this book and how Jesus was the most popular man whoever lived, yada, yada, yada. And then he talked about how kids in secular homes don't even know about Jesus and they think when they hear "Jesus" someone is mad at them. So he said this was a book for 7- to 13-year-olds to explain who he was, why the Romans killed him, etc.

And it made me sick. What does the TTA Nation think about this? Is it child abuse to tell children this tripe and about eternal hell, etc.? I think so, but just wonder what others think. I know Dawkins is big on this.

I dont care.

He is not an issue on the civilised continent.

And whenever I think of him I cant help but think of some really horrible Irish jokes based on the stereotype of the backwards, angry, Irish drunk.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 11:27 PM
It's just business to him. He doesn't actually give a shit about anything he says...unless he can get another dollar out of it.

04-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Pretty sure the Beetles were bigger than Jesus.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
(04-04-2014 11:27 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It's just business to him. He doesn't actually give a shit about anything he says...unless he can get another dollar out of it.

O'Reilly is just an Actor paid to make a clown out of himself, and paid quite well. He is also very good at slapping his name on books he didn't write and making money off of those.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I agree on O'Reilly, but I also asked what people thought of kids and religion. Does a book like this piss you off?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
(04-04-2014 11:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I agree on O'Reilly, but I also asked what people thought of kids and religion. Does a book like this piss you off?

When I was 7-13 I couldn't give a flying fuck about religion.
In fact I don't imagine many kids that age do.

People that are gonna push religion down their kids throats are gonna do it with or without this book. No kid is going to be getting this out of the library to read and use to come up with a spiritual belief about Jesus Christ.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
05-04-2014, 12:00 AM
(04-04-2014 11:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
People that are gonna push religion down their kids throats are gonna do it with or without this book...

Agreed. Doesn't really matter. It's just O'Reilly seeing a way to give A-hole parents a way to give him a buck.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
05-04-2014, 04:50 AM
(04-04-2014 11:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Bill O'Reilly, one of the biggest scumbags on TV and of course a Fox News icon, was on the Tonight Show tonight hawking his Jesus book for kids. He told some anecdotes of how he bilked/extorted money from people in church when he was an altar boy and how he committed fraud to get into the Tonight Show as a college student. He's just a piece of shit and only proves it every time he opens that diarrhea factory he calls a mouth.

Not child abuse. It's incorrect, and sleazy depending on your POV.
05-04-2014, 05:00 AM
(04-04-2014 11:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And then he talked about how kids in secular homes don't even know about Jesus and they think when they hear "Jesus" someone is mad at them.

Hm, you think that might have something to do with it normally going something like "Believe in Jesus or BURN FOREVER, you horrible, sinful heathen!"? Consider