OBI-WAN KANOBI
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
24-11-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 05:17 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am not worried whether you or anyone else believes me, or agrees with me. I operate my way, you operate your way. this is a discussion and I stand by my signature. PERIOD

So this is what I am wondering. What is your motivation for telling us your beliefs if you don't want any discussion? It's nothing more than I'll show you mine if you should me yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-11-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 05:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  I discuss but I don't have to demonstrate anything...

Discussion
noun
an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

Now do you know what a discussion is?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-11-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 05:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 05:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  Perhaps you didn't read it. I discuss but I don't have to demonstrate anything especially that there is a creator, enforcer, enabler, when I am an atheist, and It is simply my opinion. NO (repest) "NO PROOF, thus no demonstration. discussion yes, demonstration NO demonstration is PROOF
EACH OF YOPU< PLEASE TAKE NOTE I am discussing anything which comes along, that does not include a demonstration. or do you really know what a demonstration is?

DEMONSTRATION:noun
1. the act or circumstance of proving or being proved conclusively, as by reasoning or a show of evidence:
"a belief incapable of demonstration."
2. something serving as proof or supporting evidence:
"They sent a check as a demonstration of their concern.

Now do you know what a demonstration is?????

So... you're just going to post stuff and.... not really care about anything regarding any replies?

*wonders if they should actually use the 'ignore' function for the first time...*

Much cheers to all.
No, I did not say that, I said I don't care if they believe me, yes, I would like replies but in discussion of the issues. proofs or demonstrations NOT required. my signature says it all. You know I discuss issues, I even did it by PM

I am following the rules, but only those imposed by the Mods, not some made up rules by posters who don't like my ways. Now if everyone would just get back to the LEGITIMATE issues.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 06:10 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am following the rules, but only those imposed by the Mods, not some made up rules by posters who don't like my ways. Now if everyone would just get back to the LEGITIMATE issues.

You don't get to set the terms or define what issues are LEGITIMATE either. It is pretty arrogant to come in and define the rules under which you will and will not participate. It is a shame because I am genuinely curious WHY you hold some of the beliefs you do because they seem unusual to say the least. Since you actively refuse to provide any evidence or support for your beliefs all I can say is that they come across as just so much twaddle. I don't see why anybody should give you any consideration until you are actually willing to engage in a discussion which includes being open to being asked why you make the claims that you do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-11-2014, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 07:42 PM by doniston.)
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 04:33 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 01:56 AM)doniston Wrote:  Just who the hell do you think you are? God's gift to the world??? yah, this has been long, Much too long, but apparently there wasn't a thing I cold possibly have said that would suit your fancy, and your post was exceedingly confusing-- due to all the unnecessary quotes. Did you think I wouldn't know what I had posted?
And quite frankly, I don't need or want your advice, I will post my way, and you post your way, and if you think I didn't address you and yours in a personal enough manner, that is just plain tuff- “T”
You have come off as as extremely arrogant stuffed shirt. --just thought you should know” Now, as to your post. I will answer each and ever portion which I think deserves response -- in posted order but it will take time and several posts. Starting at the beginning of your response:
.



Oh. I'm S_A_M. Pleasure to meet you.

I like long walks on the beach, weird/ awesome movies, the collective works of Mark Waid and tequila. Most of all though I love attention: Drape the carpet with your disdain, prepare yourself with the asparagus of scorn, put on a mixed CD of uproarious applause and bukake me with your thick creamy indignation. Daddy needs a supplemental father figure.

Now that I've been hilarious:
I apologise for offending you. I was out of line.

I used a series of quotes because I was on my phone (I was running low on battery, copied it across to the native text editor and picked the finished post off my google drive after it died posting it when I got home) and that was a simple, if lazy, way of parsing a lot of text.

(It reads better on the mobile version of the site but that's me making excuses.)

I'd also like to use the less than ideal format as an excuse for several factual errors throughout the post and at least one misunderstanding of your intent but that's just on me being a smug bastard and posting without doing basic fact checking.

It's good that your opinions have changed understanding of how the world works has matured but the source of your ideas are exactly as pertinent to the discussion to the degree that you still hold them or to the degree that they inform your current beliefs. You held, however briefly a belief that is immediately and obviously untrue and still hold several beliefs that are, if not as obvious, still provably wrong or without apparent evidence. That is a genuine problem.

In regards to the specific points you clarified:
Since I have now responded to all of the issues in your response to my first two posts, the third is basically opinions in opposition to the Bible teachings and thus are relatively important, I will let the others lie and respond to your latest re-responses, -- plus a disclaimer and restatement of one matter of special interest. so here goes.

Quote:Obviously, you are not nearly as astute as you think you are, so I will explain the “one hand thru the other” comment. As described at that time, the atom was similar to the solar system except in size. With a much comparative space between the particles, as there is in our solar system between sun, and planets, therefor, except for the limiting factor of repulsive electomagnetic force or related factors, You could pass one of our solar systems right thru another of our solar systems without collision of planets or suns.

We disagree on this a I still believe that the Atom is basically like a mini solar system, with sun (nucleus, and electrons orbiting the nucleus. I know that is foreign to your way of thinking. I have answered the rest of that issue my other responses.
Quote: url=http://www.saidwhat.co.uk/quotes/favourite/yoda/size_matters_not_look_at_me_20759]
don't know what that is, and will not open it. (speech to me in wirds, not in clips) so I have no Idea what you were implying sic; ---- somehow emblematic of how you think the world operates[/url] in a lies to children way you are just obfuscating until you can demonstrate that something like the force exists. [/quote] it appears somewhat insulting, and certainly not civil.


Quote: It was also a joke. I do that. They are always funny.
there is nothing funny about my life opinions, they are quite serious[



Quote:As for energy and matter, go to my explaination of Black holes an quazars to get that answer.[quote]

[quote] You haven't made any attempt to provide supporting evidence. You're entire argument is:
Black holes suck in matter.
A quasar is when a black hole expels matter.
you are quite correct, except that it expels energy not matter and I will not supply your evidence, this is a discussion, of opinions.

Quote: (False.)
Things are made of matter.
A quasar could have expelled the matter that forms our solar system and potentially more of the things that make up our corner of the universe. You haven't been very clear. (Also false.)
Energy, which can become matter quazars only expel energy

The quasar is it'self energy, not matter. so I think you are wrong. further, in another part of your tirade, you state that a quasar surrounds the black hole??? where did you ever get such an Idea.??

Quote:Do you see the problem here? You haven't said anything that supports this position.
perhaps because you are supporting a false principle..

Quote:Yes I know:
"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.

Quote:That actually makes the problem worse. To discuss something is to talk about it. To debate something is to talk about something, with somebody who disagrees with you or talk about something in a formal matter.
I fully agree, but you don't want to discuss the issues. you want proof. that you can't get from pure opinion. evidence yes, and discussion yes, but proof, no. That's you problem.

Quote:If I walked up to you and said that I believe in the existence of a gigantic purple piranha that eats people's souls after they die and then refused to support that belief in any way, talk to you about it if you disagreed with me or codify that belief formally. Would that make me a reasonable person?
no, I would think you were crazy, and I would run, not walk away from you, for fear of my life. now if it were a reasonably possible issue, I would likely talk about it.

but that's not the case here, I am willing to talk about it and discuss the issues but I refuse to allow you to force me to try to do the impossible,-- TO PROVE AN OPINION It can't be done.
and in this case, what the hell do you think I have been trying to do other than talk about, and discuss the issues? you are asking the impossible. With this particular argument, you are talking like an ass..

Quote: I'm not so sure there are billions of universes, and we will never know. Because we will never know How far is up (of course you disagree with that terminology) Lastly for this post [.quote] HOW FAR IS UP was in referene to where we stand, it that case it is AWAY from the ground, so in this case your objection is rather childish.

[quote]And finally; what is the second biggest problem and a recurring issue:
I evidently don't understand what you're talking about. As tipified by the "How Far is Up(?)" and "Where Are We" questions. Can you please repeat the "unanswerable question" in a different way?
I already explained that in detail, but apparently you just don't pay attention.
the up was away from the planet you know like up in the sky.?? and distance wise, it would appear to go on forever. and where are we.? your bedroom is in your house which is in your neighborhood, which is in your state which is----- all the way to the far reaches of the known universe and beyond, but where is that beyond? in an unknown kind of lake, and where then is the lake it has to be contained in something. In both cases the answer lies somewhere in infinity.

Quote:You are not communicating.
Oh, I am communicating but you don't appear to have your receiver plugged in.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 06:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 06:10 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am following the rules, but only those imposed by the Mods, not some made up rules by posters who don't like my ways. Now if everyone would just get back to the LEGITIMATE issues.

You don't get to set the terms or define what issues are LEGITIMATE either. It is pretty arrogant to come in and define the rules under which you will and will not participate. It is a shame because I am genuinely curious WHY you hold some of the beliefs you do because they seem unusual to say the least. Since you actively refuse to provide any evidence or support for your beliefs all I can say is that they come across as just so much twaddle. I don't see why anybody should give you any consideration until you are actually willing to engage in a discussion which includes being open to being asked why you make the claims that you do.
I will respond to two of your points BUT PAY ATTENTION. First. Of course I can't make the rules, but If I am not breaking the established rules, then I am legit. the second is simply, I am perfectly willing to discuss and even explain more fully any of my opinions and/or beliefs, and have done so. but that is not what I am being asked to do. I am being asked to effectively "prove" my opinions. that is absolutely impossible. and you can't prove your opinions either. if they are provable. then they are facts, not just opinions. now if you have paid attention, you will realize you are asking the impossible.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 05:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 05:17 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am not worried whether you or anyone else believes me, or agrees with me. I operate my way, you operate your way. this is a discussion and I stand by my signature. PERIOD

So this is what I am wondering. What is your motivation for telling us your beliefs if you don't want any discussion? It's nothing more than I'll show you mine if you should me yours.
Why do you people keep saying I don't want discussion? that is simply not true.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 09:32 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 09:05 AM)doniston Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 04:33 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  [snip]
I will deal with your newest responses after I dispose of your(rather overwhelming) first post responses ,( One or more new posts), but here is part 2

That's fine. Do you at least accept my apology?

Quote:Reference How high is up and where are we, Did you really think it necessary to try to give me coordinants of where in the Universe the earth sits? It would be like locating the real Mickey mouse in one of numerous Disney worlds. Who the hell cares. Pure wasted effort.

Again: You asked a malformed question. I interpreted it literally because you're not being clear.

Quote:Curved space? For the first time you have made a semblance of sense and you indeed have a handle, but I think if it faulty, This is one of the places where I disagree with Einstein, The way I see his theory is more in keeping with the theory of folded space, and that you can get anywhere from anywhere thru the folds.

You're referring to an Eisenstein|Rosenberg bridge or a wormhole. The potential formation of a wormhole is a potential consequence of warped space/time and has nothing to do with the shape of the universe.

Quote: I believe that “with regards to human understanding”, that space goes on forever but we will never be able to define it's location.
THIS ONE AIN'T (my quote) “Quote:We simply don't know, and when we arrive at that point, what is on the other side,rive at that point, what is on the other side of that?
(Your answer) We do know. It's been demonstrated mathmatically. NONSENSE just figures, not proof

I think you mean define it's dimensions; it's size and some of it's shape. I made reference to this before as did Free Thought; we have determined the size and "shape" of the universe using this experimental method (This is the simplest way of expressing the method I can find.):

Measure the location of as many of the extremely bright and stable stars (Cepheids) as possible.
Do it again and determine their relative motion.
Triangulate their motion.
Correct that triangulation for known factors that would change their acceleration over time.

(There is a lot more technical stuff that I don't understand to a degree that I'm comfortable explaining it.)

So we determined the rate of expansion and then worked out how long we have been expanding. That gave us the age of the universe about 13.7 billion years and though our observations are limited to the observable universe it gives us a minimum size for the universe and demonstrates that this universe must be finite.

Can you find any problems with this experimental method and how it was ratified? Because it's been done. That's how we know.

Quote:NEITHER IS THIS---MINI and MAXI Solar systems (my quote) Quote:Is it possible that our present solar system is simply an atom in a gigantic organism so huge that we can't comprehend? WE JUST DON'T KNOW (your response, dumb, unjustified, and DISGUSTING. I don't want to know about you anatomy

You're going to have some fun when you get to the bukake joke.

You have entirely missed the point and my statement was perfectly justified. (It also wasn't dumb. Just puerile.) The point isn't that it's possible, it's about what is likely and shown to be possible by the evidence.

Do solar systems share any kind of meaningful similarity to atoms? No.
Do solar systems interact in a way that would allow them to bond in a way that allows an atom exist in a compound? No.
Do we have any reason to believe that any kind of organism exists on the scale you're talking about? No.
Have you supported anything you've said? No.

Quote: (You need to study up more on Black Holes) Coming up in Part 3

There is some irony in that statement.

(24-11-2014 02:53 PM)doniston Wrote:  (Your comment)Yes our local supermassive black hole is surrounded by a quasar. ( My questions), Do you know what a quazar is??? where did you get this idea?

You're seriously going to get on my case about formatting and then post stuff like this? That's... About what I should have expected.

Yes I do: A quasar is an extremely energetic expulsion of matter as it is drawn into a black hole, before it crosses the event horizon.

Prior knowledge supported by three seconds of research.

Quote:Quote: I do believe that what might really have happened was that there was a multitude of miniature big bangs called quazars, which in our own case created the milky way.
Quote:To me, that is my original “CREATOR” except that before that there had to be other Galaxies which had black holes which emitted quarzars, etc. thus the 2nd unanswerable question

Do you know what a quasar is? Where did you get this idea?

Again: A quasar is the result of extant matter. Not the source of new matter in the way the big bang was. There is no evidence that the milky way was not formed by the coalescence of dust in space drawn together by gravity.

Quote:“ WHO or WHAT BEGAT THE BEGATOR”
(Your comment)You need to demonstrate the existence of a begator before you can ask that. (My comment) That's where you are |SOOOOOOOO “ wrong. I don't have to demonstrate anything in a discussion.
(your question)Any direct archeological evidence? (my reply) there's lots of it around but you can check it out as well as I

This has been explained to you about five times. So I'm not going to bother.

Quote:(Your comment) You originally wrote this for an entirely different audience, didn't you?
(My answer)) Nope, it has been publishes several time, but always to the same group of creatures. Humans, I don't care about you political, social, or national back ground. Every group has it's critics, and advocates. And with the forums I use, there are Atheists and theists. Present. It takes time to build such a brief.

Do you honestly not think that presenting relevant information is pertenient to your position? The vast majority of people in this specific subset of humanity that is your audience doesn't find all of this information useful.

(24-11-2014 05:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 05:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Your use of discussion is as strange as the rest of your claims.
Perhaps you didn't read it. I discuss but I don't have to demonstrate anything especially that there is a creator, enforcer, enabler, when I am an atheist, and It is simply my opinion. NO (repest) "NO PROOF, thus no demonstration. discussion yes, demonstration NO demonstration is PROOF
EACH OF YOPU< PLEASE TAKE NOTE I am discussing anything which comes along, that does not include a demonstration. or do you really know what a demonstration is?

DEMONSTRATION:noun
1. the act or circumstance of proving or being proved conclusively, as by reasoning or a show of evidence:
"a belief incapable of demonstration."
2. something serving as proof or supporting evidence:
"They sent a check as a demonstration of their concern.

Now do you know what a demonstration is?????

You're just being lazy and intellectually dishonest.

(24-11-2014 07:36 PM)doniston Wrote:  Since I have now responded to all of the issues in your response to my first two posts,

You really haven't.

Quote: the third is basically opinions in opposition to the Bible teachings and thus are relatively important, I will let the others lie and respond to your latest re-responses, -- plus a disclaimer and restatement of one matter of special interest. so here goes.

Quote:Obviously, you are not nearly as astute as you think you are, so I will explain the “one hand thru the other” comment. As described at that time, the atom was similar to the solar system except in size. With a much comparative space between the particles, as there is in our solar system between sun, and planets, therefor, except for the limiting factor of repulsive electomagnetic force or related factors, You could pass one of our solar systems right thru another of our solar systems without collision of planets or suns.

We disagree on this a I still believe that the Atom is basically like a mini solar system, with sun (nucleus, and electrons orbiting the nucleus. I know that is foreign to your way of thinking. I have answered the rest of that issue my other responses.[/quote]

This isn't a matter of disagreeing. You are saying something that isn't evidently true and have done nothing to justify your position.

Quote: url=http://www.saidwhat.co.uk/quotes/favourite/yoda/size_matters_not_look_at_me_20759]
don't know what that is, and will not open it. (speech to me in wirds, not in clips) so I have no Idea what you were implying sic; ---- somehow emblematic of how you think the world operates[/url] in a lies to children way you are just obfuscating until you can demonstrate that something like the force exists. [/quote] it appears somewhat insulting, and certainly not civil.[/quote]

That was entirely civil. Let me try again:

You need to provide evidence or some kind of logical reasoning for your position! THERE IS NO REASON TO TALK TO YOU WITHOUT THAT!

Quote:As for energy and matter, go to my explaination of Black holes an quazars to get that answer.
Quote:[quote] You haven't made any attempt to provide supporting evidence. You're entire argument is:
Black holes suck in matter.
A quasar is when a black hole expels matter.
you are quite correct, except that it expels energy not matter and I will not supply your evidence, this is a discussion, of opinions.

Quote: (False.)
Things are made of matter.
A quasar could have expelled the matter that forms our solar system and potentially more of the things that make up our corner of the universe. You haven't been very clear. (Also false.)
Energy, which can become matter quazars only expel energy

The quasar is it'self energy, not matter. so I think you are wrong. further, in another part of your tirade, you state that a quasar surrounds the black hole??? where did you ever get such an Idea.??

Quote:Do you see the problem here? You haven't said anything that supports this position.
perhaps because you are supporting a false principle..

Quote:Yes I know:
"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.

Quote:That actually makes the problem worse. To discuss something is to talk about it. To debate something is to talk about something, with somebody who disagrees with you or talk about something in a formal matter.
I fully agree, but you don't want to discuss the issues. you want proof. that you can't get from pure opinion. evidence yes, and discussion yes, but proof, no. That's you problem.

Quote:If I walked up to you and said that I believe in the existence of a gigantic purple piranha that eats people's souls after they die and then refused to support that belief in any way, talk to you about it if you disagreed with me or codify that belief formally. Would that make me a reasonable person?
no, I would think you were crazy, and I would run, not walk away from you, for fear of my life. now if it were a reasonably possible issue, I would likely talk about it.

but that's not the case here, I am willing to talk about it and discuss the issues but I refuse to allow you to force me to try to do the impossible,-- TO PROVE AN OPINION It can't be done.
and in this case, what the hell do you think I have been trying to do other than talk about, and discuss the issues? you are asking the impossible. With this particular argument, you are talking like an ass..

Quote: I'm not so sure there are billions of universes, and we will never know. Because we will never know How far is up (of course you disagree with that terminology) Lastly for this post [.quote] HOW FAR IS UP was in referene to where we stand, it that case it is AWAY from the ground, so in this case your objection is rather childish.

Quote:And finally; what is the second biggest problem and a recurring issue:
I evidently don't understand what you're talking about. As tipified by the "How Far is Up(?)" and "Where Are We" questions. Can you please repeat the "unanswerable question" in a different way?
I already explained that in detail, but apparently you just don't pay attention.
the up was away from the planet you know like up in the sky.?? and distance wise, it would appear to go on forever. and where are we.? your bedroom is in your house which is in your neighborhood, which is in your state which is----- all the way to the far reaches of the known universe and beyond, but where is that beyond? in an unknown kind of lake, and where then is the lake it has to be contained in something. In both cases the answer lies somewhere in infinity.

Quote:You are not communicating.
Oh, I am communicating but you don't appear to have your receiver plugged in.


I got as far as the section not in the spoilers and I just can't do this.

I wasn't serious when I insulted you earlier. There was no venom behind it I was honestly trying to engage with you. So believe me when I say that I don't care any more.

You're a shit-licking liar. An inherently dishonest, stupid little fucktard without the nouse or the balls to give a dry skeet about what you're talking about or care about any form of culpability or evidence.

What you're saying is retarded and you don't care.

This is infuriating.


Edit: I'm calmer now.

I don't believe in taking things down; I said it, I meant it, removing it after "publishing" is to deny that I said it and that's dishonest. But I'm not comfortable just out and out insulting somebody like that. Don. You have repeatedly lied, failed to admit fault and just stated premises without support. That's bullshit and I don't want to talk to you as a result of that.

That doesn't matter; I'm sorry for insulting you like that. That was, again, out of line.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
24-11-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 08:28 PM)doniston Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 05:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So this is what I am wondering. What is your motivation for telling us your beliefs if you don't want any discussion? It's nothing more than I'll show you mine if you should me yours.
Why do you people keep saying I don't want discussion? that is simply not true.

Because a 'discussion' is pointless unless you are willing to consider what other people are saying, and if you also have zero interest in defending your own position or determining what is actually true based on evidence, then you're either too credulous and change opinions on a whim or too ignorant and refuse to change your opinion no matter the evidence. Both positions leads to ultimately futile 'discussions' because they result in nothing more than people talking past one another, because there will be no meaningful exchange of ideas when one side isn't at all interested in the evidence.

That you can posts that gibberish in your signature without understanding it's fundamental contradictions belies your own ignorance, and your lack of desire to improve that state of affairs. Most of the people on these forums have little patience for the willfully ignorant.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-11-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 11:27 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(24-11-2014 07:36 PM)doniston Wrote:  We disagree on this a I still believe that the Atom is basically like a mini solar system, with sun (nucleus, and electrons orbiting the nucleus. I know that is foreign to your way of thinking.
I look forward to you receiving your Nobel Prize.Rolleyes

It's not foreign, it's fallacious and wrong. You are so wrong you are not even wrong, you don't even have a basic understanding of how electrons work, and your are engaged in two fallacies: Confirmation Bias and the Fallacy of Composition.
Here are three basic questions to try and push through your Confirmation bias:
1.) How does the fact we have to change an electrons velocity to know where it was but that is NOT true for plants fit in with your hypothesis that they are the same?
2.) How does the fact that atomic orbitals do NOT resemble a planet's elliptical orbits fit in with your little hypothesis that they are the same?
3.) How would you describe an electrons wave-particle duality on a planetary level and do we see that kind of electron like behavior in planets in reality?

I could do like 20 of these questions, easily.

Quick! Whats your next revelation? That carrots are small planets cause they are both round? Drinking Beverage

You are aware that the classical model of the electron orbiting the nucleus like a "solar system", which is what you are presenting as the basis for your "opinion", has been out of use and replaced by Quantum Mechanics for nearly 100 years right? You are also aware that it's just a fucking diagram to begin with right?
[Image: Electron_orbitals.svg]
That's an actual electron orbital, notice what it does NOT look like?

Your entire "opinion" is based on a faulty understanding of the topic you are trying to talk about and a way of charting atoms that is 100 years out of date.

(24-11-2014 07:36 PM)doniston Wrote:  there is nothing funny about my life opinions, they are quite serious
Yes and THAT is what makes them funny, even if you don't get it.

Quote: Oh, I am communicating but you don't appear to have your receiver plugged in.
It's probably plugged in, the dial's just not set to "Stupid Asshole".

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: