OBI-WAN KANOBI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(21-11-2014 07:44 PM)doniston Wrote:  I happen to be a strong believer in an afterlife, and nature.
I am a Naturalist, and an Evolutionist.

There is no known, nor has there ever been seen "in nature", an organism that has an "afterlife". Nature does not provide a mechanism for it.
Either you don't know the definitions of those words, or you're inventing your own meanings.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-11-2014, 08:10 AM
(26-11-2014 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 07:44 PM)doniston Wrote:  I happen to be a strong believer in an afterlife, and nature.
I am a Naturalist, and an Evolutionist.

There is no known, nor has there ever been seen "in nature", an organism that has an "afterlife". Nature does not provide a mechanism for it.
Either you don't know the definitions of those words, or you're inventing your own meanings.
` I just read your bio, and you sound like a brain, but so was Albert ----unfortunately he wasn't always right

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
26-11-2014, 08:17 AM
(26-11-2014 06:07 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 05:03 AM)doniston Wrote:  I just received a PM from “stuffed AM”saying he wouldn't be posting on this thread and warning me about you Bad people, so now I can stop responding to his excessively long tirade and concentrate on your garbage.

Mister Keniston... I... I...
[Image: 7042410c28cd2b9fcf88cc39df36dc4e19924ba4...580684.jpg]

Yes. I said I was going to stop posting here. Twice-ish. I guess that makes me a liar on one subject. Don't care.

I do care about you saying that I slandered the other people on the forum. It was general security advice I made no aspersions on anybodys character except your aspy riddled arsehole. (Which is to say you're being buttfucked by somebody with aspergers. Not that you're an arsehole who has aspergers.)

If you wanna leave this thread clean from my "excessively long garbage" I'd like to invite you to the Boxing Ring instead.
I would have preferred not to respond, and I won't again, but I had to remark on your own contradictions either you are calling me that or you are not. it can't be both ways. "BYE"

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
26-11-2014, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 09:28 AM by doniston.)
(25-11-2014 05:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am a maverick
Wow.
Much humble.
Such cool.

Doing things wrong does not make you a maverick skippy, just an idiot. Nice to see a bit more Dunning-Kruger though, always fun.

(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  and don't approach things the way they do,
You're right on that, we don't pull shit out of our ass and then refuse to justify it. Good call! Rolleyes

(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  For instance you cold call that model betsy ross, and I wouldn't know the difference,

Lol wut?
(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  I'm not trying to make a name for my self,
I'm sure you will though, in your local newspaper. I can see the headlines now!

"Village Idiot Kills Himself With a Gun He Mistook For a Camera During Selfie Gone Wrong!"

Movie potential I think. Drinking Beverage

(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  but I am learning from the others not near as much as if they were more civil.
Civility has no impact on the ability to learn information, you're not learning cause you are suuuuuuupid, stupid.

(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am going on what I have learned in my life to the present, I don't need books or studies to witness what I arlready have experienced.
The anthem of willfully ignorant ladies and gentlemen.

(25-11-2014 02:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  and I am a lifelong student of logic and if things are not logical, they are not part of concerns

Rolleyes
(24-11-2014 07:36 PM)doniston Wrote:  I still believe that the Atom is basically like a mini solar system
[Image: Electron_orbitals.svg]

HoboHoboHobo

You don't know the first fucking thing about logic kid, I've sat here and watched you make a half a dozen or more logical fallacies. Your entire argument is a logical fallacy.

Your just a dime a dozen idiot so far out of your depth you're not even aware that you are.
Just because you say I/m wrong doesn't make it so. I think you are wrong. but that's your problem, not mine. and with all your wailing you haven't proved a thing. your diagram is just a diagram. I could make one too. and I know you don't believe it but I likely have a higher IQ than you. By the way, I'm an 85 year old "KID"

26-11-2014, 09:34 AM
(26-11-2014 09:23 AM)doniston Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 05:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Wow.
Much humble.
Such cool.

Doing things wrong does not make you a maverick skippy, just an idiot. Nice to see a bit more Dunning-Kruger though, always fun.

You're right on that, we don't pull shit out of our ass and then refuse to justify it. Good call! Rolleyes

Lol wut?
I'm sure you will though, in your local newspaper. I can see the headlines now!

"Village Idiot Kills Himself With a Gun He Mistook For a Camera During Selfie Gone Wrong!"

Movie potential I think. Drinking Beverage

Civility has no impact on the ability to learn information, you're not learning cause you are suuuuuuupid, stupid.

The anthem of willfully ignorant ladies and gentlemen.

Rolleyes
[Image: Electron_orbitals.svg]

HoboHoboHobo

You don't know the first fucking thing about logic kid, I've sat here and watched you make a half a dozen or more logical fallacies. Your entire argument is a logical fallacy.

Your just a dime a dozen idiot so far out of your depth you're not even aware that you are.
Just because you say I/m wrong doesn't make it so. I think you are wrong. but that's your problem, not mine. and with all your wailing you haven't proved a thing. your diagram is just a diagram. I could make one too. and I know you don't believe it but I likely have a higher IQ than you. By the way, I'm an 85 year old "KID"

We don't often get to see the results in action, but when it occurs it is pretty and amusing.

Even if you were a man with a wonderously high IQ, that doesn't account for a lot. It's a hypothetical construct and limited idea anyway. If it was true, it shows nothing of ones social/emotional intelligence or ability to communication them; which is what you seem to not be dealing with very well in this thread. I thought I should let you know this.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-11-2014, 09:43 AM
(26-11-2014 08:10 AM)doniston Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no known, nor has there ever been seen "in nature", an organism that has an "afterlife". Nature does not provide a mechanism for it.
` I just read your bio, and you sound like a brain, but so was Albert ----unfortunately he wasn't always right

and unfortunately you didn't address the point. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-11-2014, 10:35 AM
(26-11-2014 09:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 09:23 AM)doniston Wrote:  Just because you say I/m wrong doesn't make it so. I think you are wrong. but that's your problem, not mine. and with all your wailing you haven't proved a thing. your diagram is just a diagram. I could make one too. and I know you don't believe it but I likely have a higher IQ than you. By the way, I'm an 85 year old "KID"

We don't often get to see the results in action, but when it occurs it is pretty and amusing.

Even if you were a man with a wonderously high IQ, that doesn't account for a lot. It's a hypothetical construct and limited idea anyway. If it was true, it shows nothing of ones social/emotional intelligence or ability to communication them; which is what you seem to not be dealing with very well in this thread. I thought I should let you know this.
Perhaps if you said something about the issues in stead of just siding with the detractors and attempting to degrade me, I might pay attention to you, Thus far, I haven't seen you making an iota of positive comment.

Juuuust goin with the crowd huh?

26-11-2014, 10:42 AM
(26-11-2014 09:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 08:10 AM)doniston Wrote:  ` I just read your bio, and you sound like a brain, but so was Albert ----unfortunately he wasn't always right

and unfortunately you didn't address the point. Tongue
what I was saying is that you don't know everything. and there are many things which are true but can't be proven. you just don't know that. you are guessing that's fine but you are assuming it is fact. it is not. it is an unknown.

26-11-2014, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 11:38 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-11-2014 10:42 AM)doniston Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 09:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  and unfortunately you didn't address the point. Tongue
what I was saying is that you don't know everything. and there are many things which are true but can't be proven. you just don't know that. you are guessing that's fine but you are assuming it is fact. it is not. it is an unknown.

It's also "unknown" if a teapot is orbiting the sun.
It's also "unknown" if a 1957 Chevy is orbiting Pluto.
Is it "PROBABLE", in light of everything we know ?
No

In light of everything we know about how consciousness arises, and what we've ever observed about ALL organisms that die and do not survive, is it PROBABLE there is an afterlife ?
No.

You want to live in a fairy story, go ahead.
Ask yourself, "why do you even (want to) think about the question ?"

Neurologists KNOW that humans (and animals) with DAMAGED brains cannot think any longer. When you die, your brain is not only "damaged" but totally non-functional. It rots.
Now you tell me how you're going to be able to "think" without a brain.

26-11-2014, 12:32 PM
(26-11-2014 11:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:42 AM)doniston Wrote:  what I was saying is that you don't know everything. and there are many things which are true but can't be proven. you just don't know that. you are guessing that's fine but you are assuming it is fact. it is not. it is an unknown.

It's also "unknown" if a teapot is orbiting the sun.
It's also "unknown" if a 1957 Chevy is orbiting Pluto.
Is it "PROBABLE", in light of everything we know ?
No

In light of everything we know about how consciousness arises, and what we've ever observed about ALL organisms that die and do not survive, is it PROBABLE there is an afterlife ?
No.

You want to live in a fairy story, go ahead.
Ask yourself, "why do you even (want to) think about the question ?"

Neurologists KNOW that humans (and animals) with DAMAGED brains cannot think any longer. When you die, your brain is not only "damaged" but totally non-functional. It rots.
Now you tell me how you're going to be able to "think" without a brain.
I don't know how, but In have ben visited so to speak by three persons from beyond (beyond where? I don't know,) and there are many many people who swear they have seen apparitions. me? no. but because of such a vision, I ended up with a new step father, back in the fifties.