OBI-WAN KANOBI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(26-11-2014 02:55 PM)doniston Wrote:  I don't know how, but In have ben visited so to speak by three persons from beyond (beyond where? I don't know,)

Quote:Nope, they weren't ghosts, it doesn't work that way, the other person "my step father" saw what might be called a ghost.

OK, then we're back to needing to know what you base your claims on. How do you differentiate "persons from beyond" and "ghosts" and what process did you use to determine that what you saw was the former and not the latter?

Oh, and testing for a high IQ, even if I believed the claim, would not bolster your credibility when it comes to pulling scientific claims out of apparently nowhere. High IQ scores may generally correlate with potential but don't indicate knowledge. Being the poet laureate, let alone being able to write amusing doggerel, also wouldn't support any science claims. You get credibility for scientific claims when you provide the evidence and logic to back them up.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 03:50 PM by doniston.)
(26-11-2014 02:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://discovermagazine.com/2008/sep/01-...t-mistakes
what make you think I recognize some mistakes?, I have a cou7ple of doubts, butso far on this thread no one has proved any mistakes. I have one which I discovered on my own. the difference between alternate universes which I touted rather that alternate existences which is what I really meant. there are many things which I an unsure of, but am leaning in one direction or the other. I will check out your link, but there are three areas which I already believe he got wrong,
Light bending which is listed here, & which you can see with your naked eye
time travel-- Impossible, --- as time is just a measurement
curved space. as apposed to infinite space --- going on and on

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
26-11-2014, 03:56 PM
(26-11-2014 01:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Nuclear fusion - the reaction which makes stars shine - requires atoms to be incredibly close together. Nuclei are all positively charged, and therefore repel each other.

Without quantum effects the nuclei would not be close enough to fuse, and stars would not burn.
A pertinent quantum effect is that of being able to "jump" through/over an impenetrable barrier.
If the path of a particle (electron/proton) were continuous then it would be impossible to get through the barrier.

Electron's don't orbit in a path, they are represented as a "cloud" probability wave function.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_cloud

If you really want to test/understand the validity of your ideas/beliefs then it would pay for you to invest some time to apply that "incredible" brain of yours into getting a modern understanding of quantum physics which is the best explanation at the micro level, i.e. atoms and sub atomic particles.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
26-11-2014, 04:01 PM
(26-11-2014 03:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 02:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://discovermagazine.com/2008/sep/01-...t-mistakes
what make you think I recognize some mistakes?, I have a cou7ple of doubts, butso far on this thread no one has proved any mistakes. I have one which I discovered on my own. the difference between alternate universes which I touted rather that alternate existences which is what I really meant. there are many things which I an unsure of, but am leaning in one direction or the other. I will check out your link, but there are three areas which I already believe he got wrong,

You can't see "light bending" with a naked eye unless you can see it coming around a distant star or galaxy. Time travel would be possible if one coul;d approach the speed of light, or even 1/2 that. Space-time is not "just a measurement".

I think I start to see what's going on here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-11-2014, 05:25 PM
(26-11-2014 03:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Nuclear fusion - the reaction which makes stars shine - requires atoms to be incredibly close together. Nuclei are all positively charged, and therefore repel each other.

Without quantum effects the nuclei would not be close enough to fuse, and stars would not burn.
A pertinent quantum effect is that of being able to "jump" through/over an impenetrable barrier.
If the path of a particle (electron/proton) were continuous then it would be impossible to get through the barrier.

Electron's don't orbit in a path, they are represented as a "cloud" probability wave function.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_cloud

If you really want to test/understand the validity of your ideas/beliefs then it would pay for you to invest some time to apply that "incredible" brain of yours into getting a modern understanding of quantum physics which is the best explanation at the micro level, i.e. atoms and sub atomic particles.
Yah, I understand that, but why wouldn't it be that same with my rendition of atoms. If it was really that important to the overall package, I would do that, but it isn't so I won't. that is just a secondary situation, and regarding my overall, it isn't worth a hill of beans it was just include in my statement of how I got to this point. (I thought I posted this before.)

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
26-11-2014, 05:30 PM
(26-11-2014 04:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 03:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  what make you think I recognize some mistakes?, I have a cou7ple of doubts, butso far on this thread no one has proved any mistakes. I have one which I discovered on my own. the difference between alternate universes which I touted rather that alternate existences which is what I really meant. there are many things which I an unsure of, but am leaning in one direction or the other. I will check out your link, but there are three areas which I already believe he got wrong,

You can't see "light bending" with a naked eye unless you can see it coming around a distant star or galaxy. Time travel would be possible if one coul;d approach the speed of light, or even 1/2 that. Space-time is not "just a measurement".

you are reading me regarding light bending tho I was speaking of stars being hidden by the moon. Nope I don't think time travel is possible at any spead, teleportation, yes. but time space is not the same as time. lastly You didn't comment on curved space. as opposed to unlimited space.

26-11-2014, 05:48 PM
(26-11-2014 04:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 03:46 PM)doniston Wrote:  what make you think I recognize some mistakes?, I have a cou7ple of doubts, butso far on this thread no one has proved any mistakes. I have one which I discovered on my own. the difference between alternate universes which I touted rather that alternate existences which is what I really meant. there are many things which I an unsure of, but am leaning in one direction or the other. I will check out your link, but there are three areas which I already believe he got wrong,

I don't understand his, I've posted a response to your post twice bu it won't come through so I will try one more time. You are on my wavelength with the bending light only I was speaking about star light bending around the moon. as for time space, I don't believe that either. time has no substance, is only a measurement like one, or two. and for some reason you didn't address the curved space as opposed to unlimited ot infinite space.

26-11-2014, 05:57 PM
(26-11-2014 05:48 PM)doniston Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 04:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can't see "light bending" with a naked eye unless you can see it coming around a distant star or galaxy. Time travel would be possible if one coul;d approach the speed of light, or even 1/2 that. Space-time is not "just a measurement".

I don't understand his, I've posted a response to your post twice bu it won't come through so I will try one more time. You are on my wavelength with the bending light only I was speaking about star light bending around the moon. as for time space, I don't believe that either. time has no substance, is only a measurement like one, or two. and for some reason you didn't address the curved space as opposed to unlimited ot infinite space.

In have no clue what that even means.
(Space)time is very real. It's been proven, countless times. If you use a GPS device, it's adjusted for Relativistic affects, or they would all be wrong.
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pog...5/gps.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-11-2014, 06:19 PM
(26-11-2014 05:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 05:48 PM)doniston Wrote:  I don't understand his, I've posted a response to your post twice bu it won't come through so I will try one more time. You are on my wavelength with the bending light only I was speaking about star light bending around the moon. as for time space, I don't believe that either. time has no substance, is only a measurement like one, or two. and for some reason you didn't address the curved space as opposed to unlimited ot infinite space.

In have no clue what that even means.
(Space)time is very real. It's been proven, countless times. If you use a GPS device, it's adjusted for Relativistic affects, or they would all be wrong.
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pog...5/gps.html
Ok we can drop that, in simple terms it is the difrence in going around the world, or out into space. Einstein said that space is curved and comes back onto itself. somewhat like the folding of space. no matter. tI's something I differ with Einstein about6.

the other point, regarding time travel, regardless of whether you csll it time, or space time. has anyone ever taken a time trip or sent anything through a time portal? NO? then it is still theoretical, and I believe they will find it doesn't work. we will just have to differ on that.

26-11-2014, 06:21 PM
(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  actually you masy have predicted right because you leave only one question
You must have trouble with numbers cause there are at least a half a dozen or more questions I've asked in this thread that you have missed.

Could you at least try? Like a little bit even would be nice.

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  One thing for sure, you certainly have a way with insults
I'm aware. I'm also aware that I actually address the points made against me, every single one, while I'm insulting you. You on the the other hand just insult...and cry...and whine...and bitch..and then never seem to get around to actually doing...anything really. I'm still waiting for you to answer questions from DAYS ago.

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  You say you have Demonstrated that I am wrong. what was your demonstration? That childish design? or something else that I simply Can't see in your meandering insults?
Ya sorry but just declaring it childish does not make it so cuntcake, and it's also not a "design" so you failed twice right there. Unless you can show in what way it IS childish you need to fasten your dick holster. 'Cause you don't like it? Fuck you, no one cares. Demonstrate how it's childish. do it. Dooooooooooo it.
I'm growing really bored with you just calling anything you don't like and can't counter childish and then not addressing it at all. Almost every single criticism you have faced here from every single person has been left unresolved because you just stamp your feet, cry, and then cowardly try to force the conversation in a different direction. Like this idiocy about IQ.

No one is fooled by this. We all see your ineptitude.

But to answer your question (See it's not hard, you should fucking try it!) no, even though the thing I showed you does in fact refute your entire proposition on it's own, the demonstration is the ENTIRE, and I can't believe I have to say this gain, field of quantum mechanics at every level demonstrates your ignorance of the field you chose to discuss.
Here I'll type it in biiiiiiiig letters so them old eyes can see.

Atoms do not look the way you think they do, your information is 100 years out of date. These are not opinions they are facts. I know they are scary but they can only hurt you if you let them.

Also I don't think you know what the word "meandering" means. Unless you count going after every single argument you make and demolishing them with surgical precision "meandering".
Which....ya ok you probably do. My bad. Drinking Beverage

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  and yes, I do have things in my favor
This I agree on. I'm sure in real life you have a great many things you are good at and I don't mean that in any kinda sarcastic way. Everyone does, part of being human.
However it's very clear that "science education", "reading comprehension", "logical thinking", "the ability to type", "respect for evidence" and "the basic fucking ability to admit when one is wrong" are not among them.
And I don't mean that in a rude and pithy kinda way. I am dead serious, you do not have any of these things.

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  I expect to reach a hundred
You also expect to live after you die so you will forgive me if I don't share your conviction, though I admit it's a possibility. Though it would be to the entire worlds detriment if you did.

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  and will likely outlive you
Oh please please explain to me in detail how you were able to determine that you would live longer then someone 55 years younger then you. I'm fucking serious you crazy motherfucker I want to KNOW how you determined it was likely.
I know you won't answer this question, you never do, but I'd love to see you tap dance away this obviously delusional belief.

Was it voices in your head? Did you escape your old folks home? Laugh out load

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  I am going to add a second post in response with just a teenie bit of evidence of my abilities

Oh gee golly Mister and when we are done that can we compare dick sizes as well? What the fuck is wrong with you? You act like your 13 and for a man who claims to be 85 that's just fucking shameful.

Also you have been sharing your "abilities" for 20+ pages now and I'm unimpressed. I won't repeat the criticisms I've already leveled at you because we both know you will just stubbornly refuse to address a single one. Your self image must be shockingly fragile.
“Happy are they that hear their detractions, and can put them to mending”
William Shakespeare

Even The Bard thinks your an idiot. Drinking Beverage

My favorite part though, hahaha, of all that though was where I accuse you of having poor typing skills..... and you promise to show me wrong with your "abilities" in a giant run on sentence with poor capitalization, poor grammar, and next to no correct punctuation.

I actually laughed out loud. Thank you for proving my point.

Oh and lastly, your "abilities" in no way change the fact you are wrong, your attempt to distract me does not work, I'm still waiting for you to show me how your view of atom= solar system fits into the current model of quantum mechanics.

I suspect that will be a long wait for a train don't come.Drinking Beverage

(26-11-2014 02:16 PM)doniston Wrote:  because I was waiting for this, your latest idiotic post
Maybe, just maybe, instead of waiting for NEW posts you take some time and you addresses the now dozens of points you have cowardly ran from in my past posts. You might not look so hilariously out of your depth if you did. Might.

Declaring it idiotic does not make it so, once again you have failed to provide any kind of proof or reason for your dumb cunt opinion. You expect to live to 100? I don't think you ever mentally made it out of puberty, and I suspect you lost your virginity to a garden hose.

Gee, I wonder which comments will get a response. RolleyesRolleyes

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.