OBI-WAN KANOBI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: OBI-WAN KANOBI
(21-11-2014 11:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 07:44 PM)doniston Wrote:  I believe in aliens (space aliens)
The way I think about the term "believe" is that it denotes two things.
1. Acknowledgement of multiple plausible "possibilities"
2. Close mindedness to all but the one possibility you choose to believe in.

If 1. is true then why choose to close your mind to the other possibilities? Why not keep the door open. Sure you can state your preference, but why not acknowledge that you are open to the other possibilities too?
Because I don't believe anything but the first choice is logical under the circumstances.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 03:07 PM
(22-11-2014 03:01 PM)kim Wrote:  Two lives.... he refers to there being two threads with the same title and original post.

Thanks Kim, I explained this a page or two ago doniston.
22-11-2014, 03:19 PM
(22-11-2014 03:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 03:01 PM)kim Wrote:  Two lives.... he refers to there being two threads with the same title and original post.

Thanks Kim, I explained this a page or two ago doniston.

Consider
Maybe english isn't his native language.

Doniston, DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?

I really hate thinking he's living proof that there are aliens. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-11-2014, 03:24 PM
(22-11-2014 12:52 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 12:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day and welcome, Donistan, to our (arguably) humble abode.

I wish you luck in your time.

That said; let's get started, shall we?

Define the different between "believing on" and "believing in".
Once we've got that out of the way, perhaps you would like to detail the afterlife in which believe?
Also; how does one 'believe' in nature, exactly? By natures very... nature... 'belief' in it seems redundant at best.

I know it's a famous line and all, but when explaining ones beliefs, using that as a descriptor is pointless as it doesn't actually say anything. 'Force' is vague and undefined so the term is unhelpful for explanatory purposes.

I'm not quite sure of that; you've stated that you believe in at least two things outside the realm of what would usually be considered 'natural'. Your stated beliefs at this point are far closer to mysticism than naturalism.

The term 'Evolutionist' is just silly. It's not like there are any Gravityists going around...

I would very much enjoy discussing, the issue with anyone interested

Good for you; I'm not opposed to the idea of aliens myself (it seems far more likely than the alternative, given the scale of the universe), though I don't feel the need to differentiate to 'space aliens'. They certainly aren't from Earth if any do exist at all.

(21-11-2014 07:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  This thread has two lives.

Side note: 2000 posts! Big Grin

Weak. Drinking Beverage

It does have two lives...there is another just like it in introductions. Drinking Beverage
[/quote] when posting tis onother forums the first comment likely made is that all aliens are from central America. so I added that phrase. to keep the stupidity out.

In my beliefs, when a person passes on, it is only the life force that moves (perhaps called the soul) and if undestroyed by his or her own doubts, Can (be like a child to enter into the kingdom of God)“The force”, which according to my belief, is a secondary area of existence wherein these life forces co- mingle yet because they are an intelligence, can perceive any manner of comfort or privilege of which they can conceive ( heaven) In your dreams, or nightmares you can conceive almost anything) Scientifically this might be what is considered alternate existences (string theory).

tell me, do you disbelieve in nature? I'm sure you realize I was speaking of believing in a natural force rather than a person. so I will ignore that.

for your benefit, perhaps I should have said "let Natural forces be with you". would that have suited you better?

I know what an evolutionist is, do you? and what in hell is a gravityist? I don't think that is even a word.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
22-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Uh huh.

Ok Don, you're talking to yourself, now.

Just thought I'd let you know. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-11-2014, 04:01 PM
(22-11-2014 03:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Uh huh.

Ok Don, you're talking to yourself, now.

Just thought I'd let you know. Drinking Beverage
Just for your information, I know what "I'm" doing, did my responses get noticed???? what are you? ---- anyhow??? apparently someone just looking to cause trouble. and conflict. OK, so ========= BYE!!!

22-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Bub byeeee. Drinking Beverage

22-11-2014, 04:30 PM
[ooc]At work.[/ooc]
(22-11-2014 03:24 PM)doniston Wrote:  I know what an evolutionist is, do you? and what in hell is a gravityist? I don't think that is even a word.

*Raises hand*

I must admit to being unsure as to what you mean by 'Evolutionist'. There's the well established theory of evolution, along with all the other theories such as gravity, geology with its plate techtonics and such.

Now, not to cast aspersions, but when ever I've seen any one previously use/type the word 'Evolutionist' their following motives have been ....... questionable, at best.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-11-2014, 06:07 PM
From the dictionary

evolutionist
noun
1. a person who believes in or supports a theory of evolution, especially in biology.

gravityist Nadda there is also no appleist, or rainiest or cloudiest, etc. Nuf said.

22-11-2014, 06:26 PM
(22-11-2014 06:07 PM)doniston Wrote:  From the dictionary

evolutionist
noun
1. a person who believes in or supports a theory of evolution, especially in biology.

gravityist Nadda there is also no appleist, or rainiest or cloudiest, etc. Nuf said.

Considering that your signature includes this:

Quote:However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.

Do you believe in Lamarckian evolution or Darwinian evolution? Why?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post