OH MY GOD....ITS HOT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
OH MY GOD....ITS HOT.
As a chilli lover I recently tasted my hottest ever.
Made in Australia, http://www.thechillifactory.com, jolokia paste 56% (14/10) is number 2 in a descending heat list.
To me, a really hot chilli burns the tongue and lips, makes the eyes smart and causes varying degrees of sweating. Devil's Delirium certainly wins of this count, as well as taste. My Mauritian wife, a self proclaimed chilli conquerer even found it hot!
I am not sure if chillies are really all that good for us?
As for relief, I believe that bannanas are supposed to be pretty good...Pheeewww!

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: OH MY GOD....ITS HOT.
The endorphins released from hot foods make people happy. I don't know much else of what it does. Probably helps with sinuses and headaches. That's just from personal experience.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
(05-10-2012 09:29 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The endorphins released from hot foods make people happy. I don't know much else of what it does. Probably helps with sinuses and headaches. That's just from personal experience.

Thanks C.T.S; thats a good point I hadn't thought of....Tongue

Cooyon WillieLaughat
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Yep, endorphins, colds and flu (sinus ), allergies, asthma and plugged ears are all helped by capsaicin.

It is not good for the esophagus and stomach.

The antidote for food that takes your breath away because it is too hot is yoghurt. In India you always have yoghurt on the table with very hot foods, and it works like a charm.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2012, 05:34 PM
(06-10-2012 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, endorphins, colds and flu (sinus ), allergies, asthma and plugged ears are all helped by capsaicin.

The antidote for food that takes your breath away because it is too hot is yoghurt. In India you always have yoghurt on the table with very hot foods, and it works like a charm.

Thanks Dom, another good point. I recently changed to unflavoured Greek style yoghurt and find it great.Thumbsup

Cooyon WillieLaughat
06-10-2012, 05:59 PM
(06-10-2012 05:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, endorphins, colds and flu (sinus ), allergies, asthma and plugged ears are all helped by capsaicin.

Thanks Dom, another good point. I recently changed to unflavoured Greek style yoghurt and find it great.Thumbsup

I mix it with hot peppers. It's delicious. Evil_monster

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
(06-10-2012 05:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Me too Smile Love that stuff.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
(06-10-2012 05:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 05:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Thanks Dom, another good point. I recently changed to unflavoured Greek style yoghurt and find it great.Thumbsup

I mix it with hot peppers. It's delicious. Evil_monster

Just had a weird thought about hot peppers and Girlie's lower pic.
No

Cooyon WillieLaughat
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
13-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Dairy products work on a hot-mouth because the casein (a protein that makes up about 80% of milk) binds to the capsaicin oils and takes them away from your mouth.

Milk is a better bet than yogurt or bananas. Tends to calm heartburn, too (in my experience, anyway).

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2012, 06:45 AM
I just love super hot food, but I am allergic to dairy products, so I just have to sit through the pain.

[Image: opforum1.png]