OH boy, dad I love you, but you are a fucking idiot when it comes to science.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: OH boy, dad I love you, but you are a fucking idiot when it comes to science.
(09-12-2014 08:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I was calm, the whole time, but I was trying to educate while he was trying to debate. I cry seeing such stupidity run rampant in someone.

Sad to say that this is probably an exercise in futility that will just make you both unhappy. He isn't going to listen to anything you say until he learns to respect your underlying choice to be an atheist.

Next time tell him that you'd prefer to change the subject than to fight with him.

The creationism aspect is worrying. I don't know how I'd take it if any of my relatives were into that BS. Happily the few members of my family who are religious are all on the liberal end of the spectrum. If you know somebody qualified you'll have more luck getting another theist to talk him out of that nonsense. They'll have a better grasp of the mindset and fewer points of contention.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 06:34 AM
RE: OH boy, dad I love you, but you are a fucking idiot when it comes to science.
I sense an apologetic In your future.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-12-2014, 01:59 PM
(12-12-2014 06:34 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I sense an apologetic In your future.

Elaborate.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-12-2014, 08:20 PM
(12-12-2014 01:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 06:34 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I sense an apologetic In your future.

Elaborate.

I see Santa leaving you some new friends in your stocking. New buddies like William, Frank, Sye, or Dinesh. People who are SO plugged into science that any argument they lob at you is sure to be original. You know, apologetics. The second largest waste of paper in history after holy books.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
13-12-2014, 08:29 PM
(13-12-2014 08:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Elaborate.

I see Santa leaving you some new friends in your stocking. New buddies like William, Frank, Sye, or Dinesh. People who are SO plugged into science that any argument they lob at you is sure to be original. You know, apologetics. The second largest waste of paper in history after holy books.

My dad thinks christmas is evil. And he thinks white people have no real right on the bible as well.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-12-2014, 10:06 AM
(13-12-2014 08:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 08:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I see Santa leaving you some new friends in your stocking. New buddies like William, Frank, Sye, or Dinesh. People who are SO plugged into science that any argument they lob at you is sure to be original. You know, apologetics. The second largest waste of paper in history after holy books.

My dad thinks christmas is evil. And he thinks white people have no real right on the bible as well.

Count yourself lucky if he isn't going to lob one of these turds at you then.

- Paul Dirac