OK Thinking Atheists - Want to hear from you on this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
OK Thinking Atheists - Want to hear from you on this
I just finished a 3 part article on the US budget deficit and the debt.

Current one is on raising revenues
http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/02/...posal.html

Prior one is on spending
http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/01/...ss-as.html

First one is just how screwed up we are to have arrived here.
http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/01/...nting.html

How we spend our money reflects our politics. I doubt we are a homogeneous, group-think people, so where do you stand? Tea Party, Palin and all? Libertarian Rolleyes Liberal? Conservative?

Hope you enjoy - love to hear from you!

Sean

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 02:01 PM

RE: OK Thinking Atheists - Want to hear from you on this
I try and stand in the middle with the idea of where the Country is, which IMO.. is extremely Ubber Right wing. With that said...

Cut Defense spending by 300-400billion, Which brings us in around 300Billion, which is still 4 times the amount of the next largest country Def spending. Which is North Korea at 65Billion. I know in your blog you mention about the jobs that will cut.. Sadly it is a necessary evil. Left unchecked, we continue to be a country that spends more on nothing. We are not having any major enemy that calls for the outlandish spending. Over time this would also cut spending in Veteran Affairs, as less soldiers, means less having to care for them.

Cut All together, HomeLand security waste of money IMO. We don't need more GOV Agency to do what the Local Police, and FBI IMO should be doing.

Cutting the WAR ON DRUGS, if we have Tobacco and Alcohol legal, and we can have others legal, and I agree with your assessment of Taxing the drugs. Also by us regulating the drugs IMO less overdoses.. And Yes, ALL Drugs from Weed to Crack, you know the side effects of using them, use at your own risk.

I do agree, we need to increase taxes across the board, for RICH and POOR. If we look over the data, the Tax Cuts gave nothing to increase anything other than Wealth of the RICH. I also agree that Trickle down Econ doesn't work.. Love the Special Olympics comment..

Overall, I can't find many faults with what you state.. So I started to follow your blog!

EDIT: I found one, as much as we need to cut spending, we do need to increase in education. We are not going be able to lead in the 21st century with 20th century kids. This is another topic, as I feel we need to focus less on Business Education and more on other areas.
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 02:11 PM
(01-02-2011 02:01 PM)AnthraxFan93 Wrote:  I try and stand in the middle with the idea of where the Country is, which IMO.. is extremely Ubber Right wing. With that said...

Cut Defense spending by 300-400billion, Which brings us in around 300Billion, which is still 4 times the amount of the next largest country Def spending. Which is North Korea at 65Billion. I know in your blog you mention about the jobs that will cut.. Sadly it is a necessary evil. Left unchecked, we continue to be a country that spends more on nothing. We are not having any major enemy that calls for the outlandish spending. Over time this would also cut spending in Veteran Affairs, as less soldiers, means less having to care for them.

Cut All together, HomeLand security waste of money IMO. We don't need more GOV Agency to do what the Local Police, and FBI IMO should be doing.

Cutting the WAR ON DRUGS, if we have Tobacco and Alcohol legal, and we can have others legal, and I agree with your assessment of Taxing the drugs. Also by us regulating the drugs IMO less overdoses.. And Yes, ALL Drugs from Weed to Crack, you know the side effects of using them, use at your own risk.

I do agree, we need to increase taxes across the board, for RICH and POOR. If we look over the data, the Tax Cuts gave nothing to increase anything other than Wealth of the RICH. I also agree that Trickle down Econ doesn't work.. Love the Special Olympics comment..

Overall, I can't find many faults with what you state.. So I started to follow your blog!

EDIT: I found one, as much as we need to cut spending, we do need to increase in education. We are not going be able to lead in the 21st century with 20th century kids. This is another topic, as I feel we need to focus less on Business Education and more on other areas.

Thanks Mark! Thanks for following too!

I wrote on education a couple weeks ago:

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/01/...ation.html

Agree 100%!

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Sean, The other thing is SS, medicare..etc.

Those programs are successful, as SS at the end of 2010 had over 2 trillion surplus. Medicare/cad is more cost effective than private insurance,I don't have figures on these yet.

How can we fund both programs, without increasing the debt long term on our society? Since the EST time SS will start to run in the red is late 2030's. I heard an idea of increase the payroll tax, to fund it.. Thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply