OK athesits, get me a job!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: OK athesits, get me a job!
***now i've read your 2nd post and realize the point you are trying to make.

the title of your post is asking for help, you turned to religion looking for help, you turned away from religion still somehow hoping for help.
maybe you should help Yourself. there is no deeper meaning to your life. just because you declare to be an atheist does not mean you have learned to think for yourself, you have basically been indoctrinated. stop thinking about god and start thinking about yourself. think about thinking. think about something else.

i have psychologically been in some of the deepest darkest places that no mind should ever go (and still am in a big way). during this time i did not ask for help, i did not think about god. i did what the fuck i wanted to do to make me happy and pass the time. did it cure my depression? no. did it improve my life? no. did i gain anything useful at all? nope. the point is that you won't gain anything useful if you aren't thinking about useful shit. the goal is happiness, if finding a job for a more stable life provides that happiness to you then think about that. stop thinking about help and hope.

assuming you actually have some intention of making money to support yourself here is some shit to get you thinking.

it does not matter how good you look on paper, or how pretty your face is. the most important thing any person needs for a job is to be in the right place at the right time and to know the right people. some people call this luck, some retards thank god, the winner calls it 'some job my friend got me through a guy he knew'

maybe social networking and microtransactions could be appealing to you. rather than give you a long speech on how the world is changing and blah blah blah. here is a list of areas you can embrace with a new train of thought that may be of assistance.

social networking, blogging, ad revenue (ie: google ad words), youtube partners program (open to everyone now), diablo 3 real money auction house (coming soon), bit coin (google it), your own resale website, free lance consulting and writing.

find old friends, make new friends, make friends give a shit what you say. be their go-to guy for information they care about. link your facebook to your blog, to your youtube to your website and back.

this is meant to demonstrate that just because you don't have a job does not mean you can't make money. this is not meant to be a retirement plan unless you are badass.

if any of that appeals to you, don't worry you will fail at it. you can't simply do your homework to succeed in an area like this. though much reading is required, the key is understanding how people, the world, and the internet works. need proof this idea isn't a load of bullshit? look at TTA himself.

in closing, now that you've rejected god, get the fuck over it and go do something. reevaluate the entire job hunting process and approach it again but this time with a big massive horse dick swinging between your legs. and find ways to make money on the side from your favorite hobby or online shit or cutting grass... whatever. make some money

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dredmal's post
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Hope is over rated. What does it accomplish?

Besides if all it does is help you get through to that next moment, you don't need god for hope. You just need an optimistic outlook on the future. Something to look forward to is all hope is.

Set goals, not reliant on a date. Then check them off as they go by. That will give you something to aspire to and something to hope for.

So far as the job thing goes.... the job market blows pretty much continent wide right now. Don't think that you're alone on that one. Sometimes the options are either slim or non existent. Even the fast food jobs aren't always there. Belief in god won't help you there. Neither will disbelief. It is what it is. You keep on handing out resumes, and applying for jobs. Eventually one will probably pick you. Just keep your eye on the prize.

Also in Canada there are many job centers out there. All government funded and there strictly to help you find a job. I've had mixed results from them in the past, but it's better than not having any help at all usually. Not sure if the states offers that kind of program or not.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
How does atheism prevent you from being hopeful anyway?

I don't see how it has anything to do with hope.

I have hope that all kinds of things will happen, god or no god has nothing to do with it.

If you miss the chemicals praying releases in your brain, try meditation or exercise or eating spicy foods or chocolate. Same effect.

Are you handy? Advertise as a handyman.

Do you drive? Advertise to do shopping for people.

Start a small enterprise to tie you over while you keep looking.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Can't find you a job, but I got a little advice, not that it's worth more than you're willing to pay.

Look farther outside your area of expertise. Like, really far. It's common that people look for a job in their chosen career path, then as they are forced to expand the search, they climb down the ladder, instead of getting on a new one entirely. Got a psych degree? Go apply for a job at the zoo. Accountant? Apply as a mechanics assistant (maybe even end up as an apprentice). Born and raised in road construction? Become a farmer.

I'm not trying to be the wise old sage or some crap either. It just turned out that I fumbled on this craziness, and it changed my life for the better. Tenfold.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I find hope to be the worst thing that humans have. It leads people to put up with the worst things imaginable, be controlled, or even be tortured--all because they hope something good will happen. Even I have a thought of "I hope something good... oh crap" because I realize that the hope exists and I know what happens. There was some television show that had a line about a serial killer asking "do you know how it worked? I gave them hope, and they wouldn't resist" (something like that... basically kidnap and torture people, but give them hope that they will be free, and they'll do whatever you ask. Not sure offhand, but I figure that the "hope" feeling is the brain's way of dealing with stress, like an escape from reality. Hope makes you compliant and cease actively doing something to fix your problems.

But back to the main point, I can say that regardless of your education, experience, or anything else--sometimes you get a job just because your friend's uncle's step-son works there. Sometimes it's just because you sent something in at just the right time. Sometimes it's just because the place didn't want to pay to advertise the job, and you were the only one who applied. Sometimes it's probably one of a few hundred other situations. Sadly, depending on where you are and the conditions in the area, you could be one of a few hundred applications for one job. If one of the applicants knows someone there who vouches for them, who do you think will be hired? It happens. Even if no one there knows anyone who applied, there's still potentially hundreds of applicants. I've been interviewed for positions that the pool of candidates was international--yet didn't get it in the end.

Even now I'm applying for jobs completely outside my experience. How far? I have some CAD design abilities (related to programming), I applied at a local aircraft design place that needs CAD people and people who can build based on CAD drawings--just in case, as they train people to do things their way (so any experience is better than none). I even make a point of telling places that are "way outside" my past why I am applying, because if I don't, they always ask/say "we don't have a need for X" because they assume I want that, and not the job they are listing.

Doesn't help, and really I don't even give people the "hope" of on-line things working for one main reason: if you rely on ads, you have to have a LOT of visitors/subscribers before it could even be profitable.

Even with me, I have 17 claimable years experience in one field (more, but I don't go pre-high school even though I was paid for it--plus it makes me seem "younger" than if I put like 25 years). I have around 240 college hours (three associates, one bachelors, one masters). They're so I could teach college classes (community colleges mainly, they helped me, wanted to give back so to speak). Into my masters, the colleges laid off professors. Some of the colleges upped the requirements from "masters" to "doctorate" because they had too many people applying! Right now I work (well, until next monday as they're apparently laying off 40-60 people, and I'm in the "bottom") at a factory--that I have more education and experience than some of my bosses (I trained some of them...), yet even the corporate says I'm qualified enough for plant manager positions (didn't get it, as I lacked union negotiation experience, so at least it was valid reason).

Anyway, hope this makes sense and is clear. I'm cleaning the oven and the smoke's tearing up my eyes and I can't focus.
06-05-2012, 04:47 PM
(06-05-2012 05:59 AM)djgenx7 Wrote:  So now is the time for atheists to prove God is not the better option.
I understand where you're coming from, but it really boils down to the truth. Regardless of whether or not religion can help you through and provide you with a hope, it's just false, simple as that. Even though atheism may seem like a useless consolation prize in life, and maybe that's all that it will end up being, the fact that you could see through all of the smoke and mirrors, contrived falsities, and blatant b.s., to me at least, is really, in itself, worth it.

It has already been laid out by others in this thread that the economy doesn't follow the rules of your beliefs. The job market is going to be the job market and isn't going the change in correlation to what you think.

As far as motivation goes, once you have came to the conclusion that there isn't some almighty power, playing puppet-master to the universe, earth and human interactions and circumstances, I think it's clear, at that point, that anything to be done about your situation isn't going to improve on prayer. Either circumstances will become better and you'll fall into and be allowed to take advantage of those circumstances on chance, or luck (whatever you want to call it), or you can look to yourself and become self-motivated to do something to improve your own circumstances.

I'm a very lazy and not very motivated person. I know that we as humans have created a society in which we are born into social Darwinism by default, and I don't like that, but that's the way it is. We are past evolutionary survival and our success in our new playground (modern society) isn't based on ability physically, mentally or otherwise for survival, but based upon the society itself, the situations we are born into and that arise in our lives, our personalities, and our decisions within society.

That said, and given my laziness and lack of motivation, coupled with the truth, I basically view my life as something I continue because I want to, not out of necessity, and every day I have to do what is necessary to that want. Life is really what you make it; if you hate lemonade, tough luck, LOL. On the real though, there really is more to life than lemons.

This is where atheism comes back as being better than religion. Most religions force you into a belief that things are a certain way because they are supposed to be that way, and the key to life is just to make it through, usually suffering, hold your faith, things will work out, and even if they don't you're to be rewarded after you pass in an eternal afterlife of happiness. Atheism, in recognizing that, that idea is complete rubbish, gives you the opportunity to move on to a new motivation, not that things will ultimately get better, but that you have one life to live and that it is in your power and your control to make out of your life what you wish.

Like I mentioned, there is more to life than lemons. Everyone has something that motivates them and kicking religion can give a new motivation and inspiration to dedicate your life to that thing. For Einstein, it was physics, Tyson astrophysics, for Russell philosophy, Dawkins evolutionary biology, Lennon music, Woody Allen and James Cameron film, for most science and the universe.

Even if there isn't just one thing, specifically, or a set of things, specifically, that motivate you as an atheist, science alone, in general, can and should. We don't have a right to be here or be alive, and the fact that we are even alive, let alone self-aware, and not even mentioning advanced enough as a species to have conversation here on the internet, should within itself be enough motivation to want to use your life to its fullest extent, to explore the universe and your surrounding for answers to your own questions, the questions of others and the overall excitement of life in general.

I think this is the most important part to atheism, at least to those that are atheists because of science, so I think I have to repeat it: The Universe is not made for us. We do not have right as humans to be here in our universe. And keep in mind that's humans as a species, just humans. That's not including you, like if you parents didn't meet, or the probability would have came out differently and your parents would have had a different child. I'm talking if our universe wasn't created, or was created in a different fashion, so that stars and galaxies weren't allowed to form, if stars didn't form and have the opportunities to create elements and die exploding those elements back out into the universe creating planets, if our galaxy, specifically wasn't able to form, if the earth didn't form where it did in our solar system, if the rest of the planets were different, if the moon was never formed, if that all didn't come together in the perfect way allowing for early life to form, if the circumstances weren't right to sustain early life long enough to have the ability to evolve, if the circumstances weren't right for early life to evolve, if the life created never made some of the evolutionary decisions that allowed it to evolve the way it did, the time period described as the middle of your neck, as the beginning of life (bacteria), all the way to the very, very tip of your fingertips where humans finally came into being, if that all didn't play out perfectly, we wouldn't matter, because we wouldn't be here.

Think how insignificant that makes not having a job, yet how important the recognition of that idea can make your own life.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
(06-05-2012 04:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It just turned out that I fumbled on this craziness, and it changed my life for the better. Tenfold.

We're all just fumbling about, Brother. Wink

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
A Christian would probably say I'll pray for you. I'll say-sincerely-, I hope for you to find a great job.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 12:47 AM by houseofcantor.)
Need faith?

[Image: th_ellen_13.jpg]

Nothing made any kinda difference in my life like my Gwynnies. Before, I thought I needed to work in order to survive and stuff? Nada. Then, I thought I needed to work to buy markers to draw my Gwynnies. Bingo. Wink

What do you need to work for?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
You know what? If you think you will be better off as a Christian, then you are not an atheist at all, you are just labeling yourself, without even knowing what you want or believe. Go and pray to your Gods, we are not the reason you have no job, nor can any of us help you in a way you "think".

Jesus Christ, some people...

P.S.

Welcome to REALITY!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post