OK school bullshit -- and Hobby Lobby is behind it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 06:57 PM
OK school bullshit -- and Hobby Lobby is behind it...
Fucking bastards.

http://news.msn.com/us/oklahoma-district...ill-suffer

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A high school curriculum supported by Hobby Lobby chain president Steve Green, billed as a way to teach archaeology, history and the arts through Bible stories, also tells students God is always there in times of trouble and that sinners must "suffer the consequences" of disobeying.

The Mustang School Board in suburban Oklahoma City voted this month to place the Museum of the Bible's curriculum in its schools as an elective for a one-year trial after being assured that the intent is not to proselytize but to use the Bible to explain key principles in the arts and sciences.

While the course does explain the inspiration behind famous works of art and holds a prism to historical events, it also endorses behavior for religious reasons and implies that bad things happen as a direct result of disregarding God's rules.

(more at link above)

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: OK school bullshit -- and Hobby Lobby is behind it...
(27-04-2014 06:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Fucking bastards.

http://news.msn.com/us/oklahoma-district...ill-suffer

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A high school curriculum supported by Hobby Lobby chain president Steve Green, billed as a way to teach archaeology, history and the arts through Bible stories, also tells students God is always there in times of trouble and that sinners must "suffer the consequences" of disobeying.

The Mustang School Board in suburban Oklahoma City voted this month to place the Museum of the Bible's curriculum in its schools as an elective for a one-year trial after being assured that the intent is not to proselytize but to use the Bible to explain key principles in the arts and sciences.

While the course does explain the inspiration behind famous works of art and holds a prism to historical events, it also endorses behavior for religious reasons and implies that bad things happen as a direct result of disregarding God's rules.

(more at link above)

Dammit Mustang School Board, you suck. Angry

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
There are three large cities in OK. Oklahoma City is by far the worst in this regard. Stillwater (Go Pokes!) is far better in terms of the people, and Tulsa is home to a sizable atheist community.

But yeah, this isn't too surprising. If it makes you feel better the atheists who are currently suing the state over the Capitol monument live in OKC so I don't see this program enduring long.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
27-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Bill Maher once remarked how many of the people who reject evolution look the most un-evolved, with eyes close together. I think he was right.

[Image: _h0_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-04-2014, 10:20 PM
And once again concussion time from all the facepalming I'm doing around the forum this evening.

Where the hell is that cat thread?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces