OK that's it, lets give Texas back to mexico.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM
RE: OK that's it, lets give Texas back to mexico.
OK.. I just checked with Mexico, and they said they will cut back on illegal border crossings into Arizona and New Mexico, as long as we don't give them Texas. Consider

They would, however, like to have their citizens return to Mexico from Texas. Granted, this will drastically reduce the population of Texas down to a mere 1,386 citizens, but it's only temporary until the new Home Depot is built in Lubbock. Thumbsup

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes arcticspear's post
02-05-2012, 06:12 AM
(01-05-2012 09:42 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 07:03 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah, and if Einstein never existed, it wouldnt matter because another scientist would come along and make his discoveries for him.

That's about as stupid as what you just said.
Ahhh actually you are correct, it would have eventually happened anyways. In the long term, no one person is significant. However, you can easily argue that scientists are significant in the short term. Entertainers...not so much. In the grand scheme of things they are nothing.

Science provides wonderful miracles, but the arts are tremendously beneficial for our species. Science can cultivate a craft that can fly humans to Mars, but how boring and unimaginatve life would be without artisans, who create gifts like the music of Mozart, or a painting by Picasso, or the plays of William Shakespeare.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
02-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Hey, I loved Texas when I was there for 2 and a half years! Oh, wait a second, I was a Cloistered Carmelite Nun at the time, so I didn't see anything off the grounds for that time........

Matt Dillahunty is in Austin, TX, - we definately wanna keep that city!
02-05-2012, 08:13 AM
(01-05-2012 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 08:29 AM)germanyt Wrote:  The idea is that they weigh the constitutionality of laws and make decision. Not to simply vote yes or no on what they like and don't like. The Supreme Court is probably the most vital of our 3 branches of government.
In theory.
The problem is that they are not elected by the public. It would be like Bush being in power for like 50years.

The fact is they're all pretty old, they are all pretty conservative, they're all die hard Christians and so they are gonna vote that way, afterall if the people don't like it... tough you can't vote them out.

That is the whole purpose of elections, you vote into power whom you believe will achieve what you wanna see. ie: if you're conservative you vote conservative, if you're liberal, you vote liberal. If a candidate is in power and doesn't do a very good job, then you vote him out. If he did a good job you keep him in. You don't get that decision with Judges.

I agree that the Judaical system is a key element into any governments structure, however I believe that the primary role of the Judiciary is to interpret laws, not to make them. The executive and legislative have that role because they are given power by the people, for the people and the people have the power to take that away if they don't like it.
I'm in favor of term limits for appointed judges. And it's untrue that they are all conservative. Ginsberg, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Breyer are all very consistent liberals/progressives. And Kennedy is 50/50.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Term limits is interesting. I don't think you need to go that far. I think old judges do offer something, experience.

However the problem is the power they have to veto laws. If they stuck to what they are suppose to do, that is interpret and enforce the law, I don't see a problem with old judges.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Have checked with my friends in Cozumel, they dont want it
Also...Austin is awesome

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
04-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Ok, how about we let Corpus Christi (the irony, it burns) and Austin (scooters, The Atheist Experience and Monty Python, all evidence of critical thinking) succeed from Texas and then let Texas succeed from the US. Alberta would be more than happy to take its place if given the opportunity and the US would get better beer and a legal drinking age of 18. Think about it. You know you want it. Smile

Keep living your life. It's the only one you have.
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm in TX Sad It's like anywhere else- the majority are morons, but there are intelligent people as well and plenty of things to like. I don't know where you live, but I've never been anywhere that didn't have its fair share of idiots.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
05-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Austin is pretty cool - good scene there; music and accepting folks.

I like those Armadillos ... very interesting little critters. Their migratory patterns are bringing them up well into Kansas now. I've seen a few of them by the side of the road with their little feets in the air. Undecided

Shy I wonder if they make good pets ... anyone have any experience with them?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I haven't heard of anyone keeping one as a pet but I have heard people complain about them tearing up their yard.

We lived her about four years and I hadn't seen a live armadillo. Coming home from the east coast we crossed the TX state line and stopped at he welcome center. I mentioned to my husband that I hadn't seen an armadillo yet...as we walked to the building there was a really big one digging for bugs around the shrubbery. Seemed to be completely disinterested or concerned about us. Pretty cool to watch up close.

Damn coyotes got my cats...so I am not too pleased with them.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF