OMG, I've Got It!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
27-04-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: OMG, I've Got It!
(27-04-2013 04:34 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  So, finally someone comes up with an argument for God that isn't of a philosophical nature depending on a presumptuous premise, but a scientifically falsifiable one - the first in the history of human endeavours - and the prophet who came upon this glorious argument refuses to tell us what it is, and instead decides to include it in a "memoir" that almost no one will read?

Either your argument is poor and you just want people to read your book, or you really do have a great argument but you desire to profit from it, in the act turning from your Lord and condemning yourself by your selfishness. Pick one.

Hmm... Consider how about we pick from these...

Ego not only has contempt for the people who's interaction he exploits, he also has a similar smug contempt for the people he tries so hard to impress.

Ego has shown nothing but disdain for everyone he interacts with, on this or any forum he is on, including his own.

Any interaction with Ego is disingenuous on his part.

Ego uses your conversations from this forum, uses your personality from this forum, uses your avatar from this forum; he deliberately twists and exploits what you say here and posts it on his forum.

Ego has nothing of interest to say to anyone on this planet. If he did, he wouldn't know how to sincerely relate it without trying to manipulate anyone he interacts with.

Pity is always a sad state for all concerned. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-04-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2013 07:09 PM by fstratzero.)
(27-04-2013 04:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 03:45 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  So Egor, if this is true then Faith will no longer required! Perfect!
Finally, proof of God Drinking Beverage

The only faith you need is in Jesus Christ. You don't need faith for God, not now. Just reason.

(27-04-2013 03:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So what is it?
Or do you require we have faith that what you say is true and buy your book to find out?

It belongs in the memoir. It's the crowning moment of my religious searching. I could publish it as a separate publication, but why?

Besides, I need to work it out, and it will probably take about the same time as finishing the memoir. So, one will get two birds for one stone, so to speak.

Quote:I don't think your god would very well like that now would he? Greed being one of the big sins and all.

I was a writer and a publisher. God is using those talents. That's it. Bitch if you want, I couldn't care less. It's going in a book; I'm selling the book. But I'm sure after the book has been out a bit, I'll do videos on it and articles and that sort of thing, so eventually it will be free.

(27-04-2013 04:11 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  We're not gonna buy your book. You're wasting your time using us to advertise. Please stop.

You might not. Who cares? Be in the dark. And no worries, I'm not coming back to this post. I have nothing left to say on the matter. I'm not even going to check it for replies. You can delete it if you want. I just had to vent. Tonight has been quite a Eureka moment for me. Remember this date and time, Saturday, April 27, 2013, 2:40 am. That's when God gave me the argument. Thumbsup

If god can give you an argument why can't he tell you to write down an equation for everything that is one inch long?

I mean doesn't it seem petty and retarded that he would offer an argument for his existence, but ignore any form of information that might actually change the world for the better?

Further more wouldn't offering a perfect argument interfere with free will?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-04-2013, 06:50 PM
(27-04-2013 05:12 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 04:34 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  So, finally someone comes up with an argument for God that isn't of a philosophical nature depending on a presumptuous premise, but a scientifically falsifiable one - the first in the history of human endeavours - and the prophet who came upon this glorious argument refuses to tell us what it is, and instead decides to include it in a "memoir" that almost no one will read?

Either your argument is poor and you just want people to read your book, or you really do have a great argument but you desire to profit from it, in the act turning from your Lord and condemning yourself by your selfishness. Pick one.

Ego not only has contempt for the people who's interaction he exploits, he also has a similar smug contempt for the people he tries so hard to impress.

Ego has shown nothing but disdain for everyone he interacts with, on this or any forum he is on, including his own.

Ego uses your conversations from this forum, uses your personality from this forum, uses your avatar from this forum; he deliberately twists and exploits what you say here and posts it on his forum.

Ego has nothing of interest to say to anyone on this planet. If he did, he wouldn't know how to sincerely relate it without trying to manipulate anyone he interacts with.

Wait a sec, so you're saying that there is an Egor sock puppet on his forum of me?
Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-04-2013, 07:07 PM
(27-04-2013 05:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Ego uses your conversations from this forum, uses your personality from this forum, uses your avatar from this forum; he deliberately twists and exploits what you say here and posts it on his forum.

I could say anything on any forum and it could be taken out of context, distorted, and used as propaganda. That's just how liars work their trade.

He can post what he likes - he has virtually no audience, and the only time he talks to anyone who isn't an atheist he is either seen as a nutjob for trying to make his own church, or he's simply having a circle-jerk with people who already believe the same things.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
27-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Gosh darnit, I couldn't help myself. I had to look at the replies and then I saw this and had to reply.

It's going in the book, because it is the defining moment of this whole church/ministry thing. This is going to be the Veridican Argument for the Existence of God. So, it has to go in the memoir. And it's pretty original, and I'm not just going to throw it out online. Not initially. I'm going to publish it. I'm a writer; that's what I do. That's what God has ordained me to do, and I don't see anyone rushing to donate to the cause of the Veridican Ministries, so yeah, I will publish books and finance the ministry myself through the sale of them. The memoir is the first of many books I will write and publish.

And you don't need this argument. You have the other arguments. You're not an atheist because you just have no evidence. You're an atheist because you want to sin. You have as much evidence as I do.
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2013, 09:56 PM

(27-04-2013 04:38 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 02:27 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not going to reveal it here. ... Thanks for listening.

Something so important, and you're playing games?

That's not what Jesus or a real gospel writer would do.

You're right. Jesus would put the thing in code so only the elect could decipher it. That's his M.O. Mine's easier on you.
27-04-2013, 09:58 PM

(27-04-2013 05:12 PM)kim Wrote:  

Yeah, but I have a good sense of humor at parties.
27-04-2013, 10:04 PM
This sounds like a sales pitch - you've been taking notes, Egor!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
27-04-2013, 10:16 PM
I swear I said this was all about money a while back? Consider
It always is with "cults".

I'm just surprised that for a moment I actually believed he believed in what he was saying and truly wanted to conver.. err sorry, "destroy" all atheists.
But nope, all about money. I should have stuck to my gut.

You know Egor, if you want to become a millionaire from this you're doing it wrong.
People are not as dumb as you think they are. They are certainly less "gullible" to scams and advertisement then they were 10-20-30 years ago. If you require right off the start that they invest money in order to "learn the truth" then you are not going to make any money at all and this is going to be a complete flop.
If you do manage to get some people to buy it it will be petty change at best.

What you want is the millions. The big mansion in the private village. That is not achieved by doing what you are doing.

If you want that kind of money then you need to real them in so to speak.
You need to offer the "truth" for free. Think fishing. The "truth" is the bait and when you get a community going, that community and peer pressure is the hook. You want them hooked, you don't want them nibbling away at the bait...
Because when they're hooked that's when you get the real money. The 10% of their wages + donations every Sunday sort of money...

Man, you need me running your religion. I could make it huge.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Yup, I agree Muffsy, that would be a good business model.

Also used in IT (free s/w at the start to get you hooked).

Also used by heroin pushers.

Have you noticed that IT and illegal drugs are the only industries that use the term 'users'?

Maybe we should stop using the term 'theists' and start calling them 'users' instead.

Consider

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post