OMG, I've Got It!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-04-2013, 07:15 PM
RE: OMG, I've Got It!
(28-04-2013 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 05:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  The idea that the observer causes anything is the single stupidest idea in the history of physics.

Crazyass? yes, stupid, no, we keep acquiring more and more evidence of it. Spooky action at a distance, indeed.

But no one says the observation "causes" the dual particles. Just determines their spin.

The bullshit about "existence is dependent on an observer" is the very SAME shit he posted in his very first thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 07:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-04-2013 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Crazyass? yes, stupid, no, we keep acquiring more and more evidence of it. Spooky action at a distance, indeed.

But no one says the observation "causes" the dual particles. Just determines their spin.

The bullshit about "existence is dependent on an observer" is the very SAME shit he posted in his very first thread.

My first post too. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-04-2013, 07:52 PM
(28-04-2013 07:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But no one says the observation "causes" the dual particles. Just determines their spin.

My first post too.

There is no evidence that consciouness preceded anything. It's totally dependent on the current state of matter, and it's present properities.
The article sounds like I and I's time crap. Time is independent of consciousness, and it's been proven , and is proven millions of times a day.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-04-2013, 07:54 PM
(28-04-2013 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Crazyass? yes, stupid, no, we keep acquiring more and more evidence of it. Spooky action at a distance, indeed.

You could have saved us all a lot of trouble if you had just proven him wrong the first time. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-04-2013, 08:25 PM
(28-04-2013 06:19 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Egor walking into a room can reduce the average IQ of the entire room.

Before including that number in the data table, your average is roughly representative of most people +/- 10 points. Adding Egor drops the average so low that it distorts people's interpretation of the data. It just wouldn't be fair to the rest of us unless you include a scatter-graph.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
29-04-2013, 04:05 PM
(28-04-2013 07:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 07:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My first post too.

There is no evidence that consciouness preceded anything. It's totally dependent on the current state of matter, and it's present properities.
The article sounds like I and I's time crap. Time is independent of consciousness, and it's been proven , and is proven millions of times a day.

The very late, very great, John Archibald Wheeler seems not so quick to judgment: "Does the Universe Exist if We're Not Looking?"

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2013, 04:37 PM
(29-04-2013 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 07:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no evidence that consciouness preceded anything. It's totally dependent on the current state of matter, and it's present properities.

The very late, very great, John Archibald Wheeler seems not so quick to judgment: "Does the Universe Exist if We're Not Looking?"

It is an incoherent and contradictory argument.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2013, 05:33 PM
(29-04-2013 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The very late, very great, John Archibald Wheeler seems not so quick to judgment: "Does the Universe Exist if We're Not Looking?"

It is an incoherent and contradictory argument.

I know, crazy huh? But backed by empirical evidence. ... Like I said, crazy huh? Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2013, 06:09 PM
(29-04-2013 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is an incoherent and contradictory argument.

I know, crazy huh? But backed by empirical evidence. ... Like I said, crazy huh? Big Grin

No, backed by interpretation of evidence. The interpretation is nuts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 07:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-04-2013 06:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I know, crazy huh? But backed by empirical evidence. ... Like I said, crazy huh? Big Grin

No, backed by interpretation of evidence. The interpretation is nuts.

Uh huh, yes, yes it is. Can I pour you some tea while we discuss all the problems with the Copenhagen Interpretation and more? Like Everett's nutty Manyworlds interpretation. Big Grin ...