OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2013, 06:54 AM
RE: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
Filox, you suck at trolling.
If you're going to use Civ as an example (laughable considering Civ and EU are two completely different games...), at least use the best Civ...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Every Civ is the best Civ... While EU4 is nothing best. I'm the best troll there is.

You can suck it!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
EU4 isn't even out yet. So EU3 could still be better.
In fact EU3 is so good, I actually doubt EU4 will be better.
Still, the excitement is through the roof.

04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I'll show you why I like this game.

This is a game I started yesterday.
I'm playing as Brandenburg. There's no winning conditions, so I've decided I'm going to go for a standard sort of game (as opposed to say a Japanese controlled Europe). I'm going to take Brandenburg in 1356, a large (but not as large as Bohemia or Austria) Holy Roman Empire nation and try to form Prussia and then later take Prussia and form Germany. Then once I form Germany I'll see how it goes.
I'm the brown nation in the center there.
[Image: EU3_10.jpg]
And here's where I ended up at the end of last night some 40ish years later.
I managed to annex Pomerania (the green nation in the previous screenshot), vassalize (make my bitch) two single state countries and take some territory from Teutonic Order (the grey nation) when Poland (pink) attacked them.
[Image: EU3_14.jpg]
A more zoomed out screenshot. You can play as any nation of the time anywhere on the globe.
I'm allied with Hungary (who controls Croatia) and Bohemia (who's the Holy Roman Empire, for now until their king dies and a vote puts me as the Emperor) in this shot. Poland and Lithuania are allied as well as Poland being allied with Norway and for some reason England. Poland and Lithuania together are by far the worlds strongest country, and I (a militarily much weaker country, until I become Emperor) really need some of those territories controlled by Poland...
[Image: EU3_15.jpg]
This is what I've done today. I've managed to become Emperor which has allowed me to attack the small Holy Roman Empire nations without being attacked by the previous Emperor (Bohemia) who is allied with Austria (I can't take on Bohemia and Austria). I managed to make several my vassals before hitting the infamy cap (the yellow number at the top of the screen).
I switched to diplomatic mode so you can see what I effectively own now. The green is me and my vassals. The blue is people I have royal connections with, and the teal (Bohemia and Hungary) are my allies.
[Image: EU3_4.jpg]
Here's territory view. Oh, and Spain, a world superpower, has complete control of France, another super power, as the French monarchy died without an heir and the Spanish monarchy swooped in and so now 1 monarch controls Spain AND France... Luckily I'm nowhere near them so it shouldn't matter for a while.
[Image: EU3_6.jpg]

This game is more complex then Civ, it requires far far far more strategy and there are many many more options available too you.
EU is just better then Civ. By far.

05-07-2013, 04:10 AM
So, this is just Risk game, with more territories? How can this be more complex than Civ? Religions, spies, governments, resources, technology, science, culture, population, diplomacy... You mean to tell me EUxy has it all and more?

But I did saw Croatia in the last picture, and it is quite a big Croatia. I like this game now more, but still...

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2013, 04:48 AM
EU is fine and dandy. I got my sights set on Rome TW 2. I just got to figure out what I would rather have. Booze and tobacco or video games...I can wait til Christmas.

05-07-2013, 05:53 AM
(05-07-2013 04:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, this is just Risk game, with more territories? How can this be more complex than Civ? Religions, spies, governments, resources, technology, science, culture, population, diplomacy... You mean to tell me EUxy has it all and more?

But I did saw Croatia in the last picture, and it is quite a big Croatia. I like this game now more, but still...

Big Grin

It's not a risk game, similar but apples and oranges.
That's exactly what I'm saying. This is far more complex than Civ. Religion, spies, government, resources, technology, culture and science, rebels, good trade system, good economy system, good diplomacy system, in debt combat system (not as in depth as Hearts of Iron, but still, far more in depth than Civ) and more.

Civ is merely a strategy, like how Age of Empires is a strategy game. EU is a GRAND strategy game, it's much more complex. And it's not even the most complex grand strategy game I play, in fact it's probably the most newbie friendly out there.

And yes you can play Croatia. You can play any country of any time period between 1356 and 1928. I'm talking, 1 of like 10 Japanese factions in 1356 and taking that faction to unify Japan, or you could choice a later date and play as already unified Japan. Same with China, India, Russia etc.. even native America nations before the west discovered the Americas.

It's a far superior game. Don't get more wrong, Civ is a nice fun game. BUT if you wanna step up to play the big boy games, than you need to play EU.
And then you can gradually get more complex, Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron 2/3 and eventually gary grigsby war in the east. You want a complex game, GGWITE will fuck with your mind. You can google image that shit if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

Trust me, grand strategy games are far more rewarding then your arcadey Civ games.

Quote:EU is fine and dandy. I got my sights set on Rome TW 2. I just got to figure out what I would rather have. Booze and tobacco or video games...I can wait til Christmas.

I'm looking forward to RTW2 too. September will be a good month.
It's just a pity it will coincide with my sister having a baby and thus my ass being dragged up north for that shit...Dodgy

05-07-2013, 06:06 AM
(05-07-2013 05:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:EU is fine and dandy. I got my sights set on Rome TW 2. I just got to figure out what I would rather have. Booze and tobacco or video games...I can wait til Christmas.

I'm looking forward to RTW2 too. September will be a good month.
It's just a pity it will coincide with my sister having a baby and thus my ass being dragged up north for that shit...Dodgy

Babies, newborns especially can't do do much other than nurse, cry, shit, piss, and look like a cute naked monkey. Shouldn't take up too much attention, tell them to send you a pic Tongue

05-07-2013, 06:24 AM
OK, if you can play Croatia and conquer the world, the I will play it, fine! You convinced me that is good enough to use some of my unlimited bandwidth. You will never convince me it is better than Civ. I will tell you all about it when my Croatia kills all other puny humans.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Meh, the picture would mean nothing. Babies all look the same to me.