OMG shocker, pinkie and all - B'ham hearts Jeebus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 06:20 PM
OMG shocker, pinkie and all - B'ham hearts Jeebus
I really need to stay off Facebook. But I got placed on call and don't have to go I to work yet, and decided to take a look at my newsfeed when I found this little ditty:

Bible City

I rather enjoyed this particular gem Rolleyes

Quote:Then and now, only one thing transcends black and white, crimson and orange in Birmingham. Love for the Bible.

For those of you unfamiliar with Alabama and it's eccentricities, the author is referring to racial tensions and and the Auburn v Alabama rivalry. Football, racism, and Jesus - sounds about right. Still think it's funny that they have the Vulcan, god of fire and metal work, overlooking their Christiandom. They need to get to work on tearing the statue down - they should have to sacrifice their victory because of blatant idolatry.

[Image: 172594_l.jpg]

Apparently, according to the article, going to church is all the rage among everyone, including med students, because of the great community it provides. Right.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-01-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: OMG shocker, pinkie and all - B'ham hearts Jeebus
"Challenges facing Southern (Church) Planters."
They still have plantations there, it seems. Ohmy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-01-2015, 06:28 PM
(31-01-2015 06:20 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I rather enjoyed this particular gem Rolleyes

Quote:Then and now, only one thing transcends black and white, crimson and orange in Birmingham. Love for the Bible.

Oh yes, the Bible clearly transcends race. Well, except for those inconvenient times when white, southern preachers used the Bible as justification for keeping black people as slaves... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
31-01-2015, 06:35 PM
(31-01-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Challenges facing Southern (Church) Planters."

That one made me roll my eyes, too.
Most plantations got burned to the ground when the damn Yankees came through during the War of Northern Aggression. There are still a few historical homes, but not many.

There are probably more than 20 churches within 5 miles of my house. WTF do they need to build more churches in this state? How about shut the doors to the extras that are failing, pool your resources, and provide some community service in the form of care for the elderly, food pantries, etc.

Edit: autocorrect finally figured out I type "shit" more than shut. Now if only it could figure out I mean fucking not ducking...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
31-01-2015, 07:37 PM
(31-01-2015 06:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(31-01-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Challenges facing Southern (Church) Planters."

That one made me roll my eyes, too.
Most plantations got burned to the ground when the damn Yankees came through during the War of Northern Aggression. There are still a few historical homes, but not many.

There are probably more than 20 churches within 5 miles of my house. WTF do they need to build more churches in this state? How about shut the doors to the extras that are failing, pool your resources, and provide some community service in the form of care for the elderly, food pantries, etc.

Edit: autocorrect finally figured out I type "shit" more than shut. Now if only it could figure out I mean fucking not ducking...

I walked around downtown Atlanta once. Another huge Baptist church every block almost. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-01-2015, 07:47 PM
(31-01-2015 06:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Edit: autocorrect finally figured out I type "shit" more than shut. Now if only it could figure out I mean fucking not ducking...

Oh so glad I'm not the only one.

Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2015, 08:41 PM
(31-01-2015 06:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Edit: autocorrect finally figured out I type "shit" more than shut. Now if only it could figure out I mean fucking not ducking...

Google knows me too well, now, too! Tongue
Those poor ducks, though! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-02-2015, 12:40 PM
(31-01-2015 07:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Oh so glad I'm not the only one.

Smile

The struggle is real.

[Image: giphy.gif]
02-02-2015, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 09:56 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)

I had a friend named Bobi which my, brand new, phone kept changing to Boobies. The extra funny part is that clearly my phone was sentient and saw Bobi because boobies amounted to about 80% of her body mass.

Many awkward text messages were had.Laugh out load

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post