OP/ED NYPD Leader the real jerk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 08:15 AM by Brian37.)
OP/ED NYPD Leader the real jerk.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...n-article-

Patrick should be ashamed of himself for using the unfortunate and tragic murders of these officers to bait an argument with the Mayor. I think he may have forgotten about two tea party nuts who murdered the cops in AZ. I think instead of blaming the public maybe you need to work with the public and listen to the public. Our biggest problem is is our flooded gun market and until all businesses in general stop dictating the market to the rest of us, our economic pay gap will produce instability. This should not be an issue of us vs them. Our enemy is our pay gap. Our enemy is lack of livable wages. Our enemy is lack of investment. Cops are needed and we all want safety. Patrick better be glad I don't have the power to fire him. I would highly suggest all the brave officers there and nation wide condemn Patrick's selfish and divisive comments.

Patrick you are the real douchebag. It is not the duty of police officers to tell the public what they can or cannot protest. Protect and serve does not mean thought police. Saying that there is not enough oversight of law enforcement is not advocating violence. You blaming peaceful protesters is what is feeding the fear.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: OP/ED NYPD Leader the real jerk.
This stems from the Mayor saying in a televised speech that he told his half black son to watch out for the police, basically saying that ALL of his police department is bad.

The Mayor has angered the New York police officers, they were even turning their backs to him and yelling at him to leave the hospital where the officers were taken after being shot.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 08:09 AM
(21-12-2014 07:41 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...n-article-

Patrick should be ashamed of himself for using the unfortunate and tragic murders of these officers to bait an argument with the Mayor. I think he may have forgotten about two tea party nuts who murdered the cops in the Walmart. I think instead of blaming the public maybe you need to work with the public and listen to the public. Our biggest problem is is our flooded gun market and until all businesses in general stop dictating the market to the rest of us, our economic pay gap will produce instability. This should not be an issue of us vs them. Our enemy is our pay gap. Our enemy is lack of livable wages. Our enemy is lack of investment. Cops are needed and we all want safety. Patrick better be glad I don't have the power to fire him. I would highly suggest all the brave officers there and nation wide condemn Patrick's selfish and divisive comments.

Patrick you are the real douchebag. It is not the duty of police officers to tell the public what they can or cannot protest. Protect and serve does not mean thought police. Saying that there is not enough oversight of law enforcement is not advocating violence. You blaming peaceful protesters is what is feeding the fear.

I'm confused. Which is our biggest problem - the pay gap or the gun market? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
21-12-2014, 08:14 AM
BOTH, gun makers are like any other business, you flood a market under bad economic conditions you are going to have desperate people doing desperate things. You don't have to get rid of all guns to reduce the amount and on top of that create livable wages in urban, suburban and rural areas so that the stability and investment reduces crime and fear.

But as long as any big business including gun makers say "fuck you I got mine" you are going to see instability and division.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
21-12-2014, 08:37 AM
What is really sick are all of the tweets and facebook posts supporting the killings of these police officers. Here are some quotes:

"Can they breathe?"

"Shoutout to whoever shot those cops in the head in BK."

"Am I the only one happy about this two cops shot in the head?"

"I really hope them cops didn't get shot for something criminal..it would send a greater message if they got it for being cops."

"Too bad they weren't white cops."

Fox and the Blaze are taking screen shots and posting them as they come in. Ignored by CNN, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc.

21-12-2014, 09:02 AM
(21-12-2014 08:14 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  BOTH, gun makers are like any other business, you flood a market under bad economic conditions you are going to have desperate people doing desperate things. You don't have to get rid of all guns to reduce the amount and on top of that create livable wages in urban, suburban and rural areas so that the stability and investment reduces crime and fear.

But as long as any big business including gun makers say "fuck you I got mine" you are going to see instability and division.

That doesn't make any sense. Really, there is no logic there.

21-12-2014, 09:15 AM
(21-12-2014 08:37 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  What is really sick are all of the tweets and facebook posts supporting the killings of these police officers. Here are some quotes:

"Can they breathe?"

"I really hope them cops didn't get shot for something criminal..it would send a greater message if they got it for being cops."

Fox and the Blaze are taking screen shots and posting them as they come in. Ignored by CNN, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc.

AND, see this is the problem I have with humans on just about any subject. You do not have to excuse something when you merely explain something. No one likes Hurricanes but understanding the CONDITIONS helps use manage how we survive them.

What you are seeing as far as those tweets is no different a reaction when white tea party bigots say the shit they do about blacks and or government or cops.

CONDITIONS. No different than the Somali pirates. You put any human being in a stressful situation and or scare the shit out of them desperate people will do desperate things.

Cops are not the enemy. Blacks are not the enemy, whites are not the enemy. The class monopoly at the 1% is what is pitting us against each other needlessly. It is simple evolution that when an ecosystem is not balanced you will see more stress in the life in that ecosystem.

No one should go around shooting cops. But that does not change the climate of fear that exists that leads white bigots to murder cops in AZ and frustrated blacks to do it as a result of Garner.

You don't address economics, this is a result, regardless of motive. It will create division. What right and left black and white, cops and civilians are missing is we are allowing one class and big money a monopoly and a pay gap and flooded gun market to set the tone of fear on all sides.

21-12-2014, 10:12 AM
(21-12-2014 09:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 08:37 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  What is really sick are all of the tweets and facebook posts supporting the killings of these police officers. Here are some quotes:

"Can they breathe?"

AND, see this is the problem I have with humans on just about any subject. You do not have to excuse something when you merely explain something. No one likes Hurricanes but understanding the CONDITIONS helps use manage how we survive them.

What you are seeing as far as those tweets is no different a reaction when white tea party bigots say the shit they do about blacks and or government or cops.

CONDITIONS. No different than the Somali pirates. You put any human being in a stressful situation and or scare the shit out of them desperate people will do desperate things.

Cops are not the enemy. Blacks are not the enemy, whites are not the enemy. The class monopoly at the 1% is what is pitting us against each other needlessly. It is simple evolution that when an ecosystem is not balanced you will see more stress in the life in that ecosystem.

No one should go around shooting cops. But that does not change the climate of fear that exists that leads white bigots to murder cops in AZ and frustrated blacks to do it as a result of Garner.

You don't address economics, this is a result, regardless of motive. It will create division. What right and left black and white, cops and civilians are missing is we are allowing one class and big money a monopoly and a pay gap and flooded gun market to set the tone of fear on all sides.
I think its much simpler than that. The real issue in America is we have a certain group of people that make up 13% of the population yet commit 80% of the crimes.
Couple that with weak punishments by liberal judges.

21-12-2014, 10:21 AM
(21-12-2014 10:12 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 09:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  AND, see this is the problem I have with humans on just about any subject. You do not have to excuse something when you merely explain something. No one likes Hurricanes but understanding the CONDITIONS helps use manage how we survive them.

I think its much simpler than that. The real issue in America is we have a certain group of people that make up 13% of the population yet commit 80% of the crimes.

That might be over-simplifying. How about we look at the causes for that, e.g. income disparity, educational disparity, opportunity disparity.

21-12-2014, 10:27 AM
(21-12-2014 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 10:12 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I think its much simpler than that. The real issue in America is we have a certain group of people that make up 13% of the population yet commit 80% of the crimes.

That might be over-simplifying. How about we look at the causes for that, e.g. income disparity, educational disparity, opportunity disparity.
I don't buy that junk. People choose their station in life in America. All you have to do is work for it. School is free up through 12th grade. Free. FREE. The majority don't even finish that. People that refuse to even finish free school have issues they can't blame on anybody but themselves.