OUR FRIEND SATAN - hilarious graphic novel about depressed Satan and diabolical Pope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2015 03:22 PM by soloowaty.)
OUR FRIEND SATAN - hilarious graphic novel about depressed Satan and diabolical Pope
Hi Guys,

I want to share with you my graphic novel called "Our Friend Satan". The story follows Satan, who is depressed and suffering from a midlife crisis. He would like to be evil, like in the old days, but he cannot reach the expectations of the modern people fueled with Catholic Church's propaganda. When even Satanists turn their backs on him, he decides to deal with the matter once and for all.

You can check the first 17 pages of the actual graphic novel here: http://ourfriendsatan.com/comics , its a very quick and enjoyable read. I'm really curious what atheists might think about it, so please comment all you want - I can take criticism!Smile

If you like it you can check our Kickstarter, and help us by spreading news on Twitter and Facebook. We'll appreciate all the help we can get.

[Image: DO0xTCbl.jpg]

Dominik
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like soloowaty's post
24-08-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: OUR FRIEND SATAN - hilarious graphic novel about depressed Satan and diabolical Pope
I found it amusing.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
24-08-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: OUR FRIEND SATAN - hilarious graphic novel about depressed Satan and diabolical Pope
(24-08-2015 11:47 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I found it amusing.

Thank you!Smile I was afraid you Guys say something like "Satan doesn't exist, get outta here!!!".
24-08-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: OUR FRIEND SATAN
(24-08-2015 11:53 AM)soloowaty Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 11:47 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I found it amusing.

Thank you!Smile I was afraid you Guys say something like "Satan doesn't exist, get outta here!!!".

You're kidding right? We're all either secretly in cahoots with Satan or being deluded by him. Just ask any apologist, they'll tell you... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
24-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Actually I was trying to show this comic book on another Atheist forum, and they told me that I'm a cultist. What's even funnier, I was also trying to post it on Satanistic Facebook group, and one of the Satanists there told me literally, that Satan himself will f**k me up in hell for portraying him like this (and he wasn't joking). So, yeah, I wasn't so sure how you'll reactWink
[+] 1 user Likes soloowaty's post
24-08-2015, 12:20 PM
At work.

(Being careful with screen veiws)

I like it. Big Grin

Looking forward to seeing more.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
24-08-2015, 12:50 PM
(24-08-2015 12:20 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I like it. Big Grin

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you! We're on Kickstarter, and if you like what we do you can help us by spreading news on Twitter and Facebook. We'll appreciate all the help we can get.
24-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Peer Review.

I enjoyed it.

You have a great sense of layout, and each panel keeps the story flowing very nicely. You seem to have a good establishment of the characters that you've developed that as the story progresses it will reveal more subtle details. A lot of independent comics come off a very childish, or have a very small perspective of their story's goals or characters.

Not sure what Atheist forum you would have gone to that would have said your a cultist. Unless you started propagating Religion in some way. But I only really come here so not sure what lies outside the doors of TTA. Unless you count Youtube.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
24-08-2015, 03:20 PM
(24-08-2015 01:35 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You have a great sense of layout, and each panel keeps the story flowing very nicely. You seem to have a good establishment of the characters that you've developed that as the story progresses it will reveal more subtle details. A lot of independent comics come off a very childish, or have a very small perspective of their story's goals or characters.

Thank you! Actually its really important for me, to be funny, but not childish. I've seen so many comedies go this route, and I hate it. For me comedy is Vonnegut, and even though I know I could probably only clean his shoes (on my better days) but this type of humour with a strong, smart background, is something that I'm aiming at. Thank you for your review, it means a lot!

(24-08-2015 01:35 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Not sure what Atheist forum you would have gone to that would have said your a cultist.

Doesn't matter. What matters is that you like my work, and I'm super gratefulSmile
24-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Well organized, good animation, interesting characters that still have plenty of dimensions to explore, & cheeky humor. I like it. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes 7R0MM3L's post