OUTLAST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 05:10 AM by Ferdinand.)
OUTLAST
I know Sam made a thread about how Angry Joe played this game, but I wanted to make a thread of my own about this game because I stayed up until almost 7 in the fucking morning (I just now finished the game, all in one sitting, took me several hours of panicking, hitting myself in the face and hyperventilating, and overall just getting really pissed off at myself because I SUCK at finding shit) playing this fucking game.

But basically, this is a really intense horror game with an okay plot, but overall it's really good and really fun to play. Length wise, it isn't too long, but it isn't too short either. It's possible to play it all in one sitting if you're able/confident enough, but boy will it piss you the fuck off.

(I'm not really spoiling anything, I'm basically stating a trailer run through)

The objective at the start of the game is to find a scoop on this OBVIOUSLY FUCKED UP asylum, as you're a journalist. Why you would need a scoop to expose anything within such a place is beyond me because you can tell, just by the outside, SOMETHING'S OBVIOUSLY FUCKED UP. Once you have your scoop, you're supposed to leave the asylum, but there's always some dumb bullshit that comes up that makes escaping the place tedious and stupid. So you go through all of these retarded trials, finding this shit, hiding in lockers from the most horrifying abominations any mother could birth, and then the ending is just a big kick in your balls. It was a big kick in my balls, and I don't even actually have balls. That's how much of a kick in the balls the ending in. But that's usually how most (horror) games end anyways.

There were a lot of things I loved about this game, and a lot of things that made me want to rip my appendix out and scream; I don't normally feel the need to make a thread on one game and throw a solid by intensifying how I feel about a particular game or work, but for this little shit I'll do so.

// The graphics weren't that bad, in fact they were actually pretty fantastic on PC.

// Shit tons of suspense; I mean, suspense out the wa-zoo, oozing out of the walls and the like. This game would definitely be for those who get a kick out of shit jumping out at them, and for those who aren't much of a fan of not-so-pretty surprises, play it anyways.

// I HATE SCARY INTENSE MUSIC HOW DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO PLAY A GAME WITH A CLEAR, FOCUSED MIND IF THE INTENSE SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC IS BLARING IN YOUR EAR??? THIS IS WHAT I HATE MOST ABOUT HORROR GAMES BECAUSE HOW CAN I PLAY THE GAME AND BE SCARED OF THE ELEMENTS IN THE GAME IF THE MUSIC IS ACTUALLY WHAT IS SCARING ME THE MOST, IF IT ISN'T THE ONLY THING SCARING ME??? JUST STOP

// The plot was OK. I've played horror games with better plots, but it wasn't necessarily bad. I think the game play definitely overruled the plot, without a doubt.

// It repeated itself a lot, but in a manner that it kept you on your toes, no matter how annoying shit could becoming. For example, you get to destination A, have to go to destination B to get something to go to destination C, run around destination B for a bit, find what you're looking for, return to destination A, run around for a bit, find what you're looking for, proceed to destination C, loose something important, return to destination A, run around for a bit, find what you're looking for. All with the occasional panicking, getting stuck behind chairs or grabbed by patients, and hiding from the Queen Latifah of your nightmares.

Ok yeah I complained more about the game than I praised it, but it actually is a really good play, and it's worth buying also. Every corner is something new, something different to expect, and even the dialogue and confidential letters you can collect and read add a lot of interest to the game.

But basically yeah this is a good game

play it

9/10

I have probably peed myself and not even realized it but I STAYED UP FOR LIKE 7 HOURS PLAYING THIS GAME

7 HOURS

IT IS 7AM

I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP

I THREW UP WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME

FUCK THIS GAME IT IS VERY GOOD BUT IT SUCKS AT THE SAME TIME

BUY IT AND PLAY IT AND CRY
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: OUTLAST
Piss, Vomit and insomnia, no one reviews a game like Ferds Big Grin

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
24-06-2014, 08:56 AM
You pissed yourself and threw up while playing it?

Aren't games supposed to be fun?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2014, 12:58 PM
(24-06-2014 08:56 AM)Sam Wrote:  You pissed yourself and threw up while playing it?

Aren't games supposed to be fun?

It's not a fun time until someone throws up. Shy
24-06-2014, 01:47 PM
STARTED PLAYING OUTLAST WHISTLEBLOWER TODAY.

So far the beginning is far more interesting than the beginning of the original story. The dude's email is actually one of the first confidential letters you find at the beginning of the original story, which I think is pretty cool.
24-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Picked up some adult diapers and sick bag, will try out outlast for the first time tonight.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
25-06-2014, 10:23 PM
(24-06-2014 06:56 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Picked up some adult diapers and sick bag, will try out outlast for the first time tonight.

Ah how I yearn for the days when such things were unnecessary... The games I grew up with are gone. No

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 11:21 PM
If you really want a good horror game, try Amnesia - The Dark Descent.

The graphics are a bit dated, but the game is great.
[+] 1 user Likes Lunda's post
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
(04-07-2014 11:21 PM)Lunda Wrote:  If you really want a good horror game, try Amnesia - The Dark Descent.

The graphics are a bit dated, but the game is great.

I've played Amnesia. I think the horror feel of both games take on different approaches. With Amnesia, the obvious scare and horror is there, and that's awesome. But with Outcast, I feel like the game packed in more suspense, and that packed in more scare from time to time.
08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Mr. Itch:
"Do you itch? You look like you have an itch."
"Let me just... I need to tell you a secret"

Random Youtube LetsPlay Guy:
"Omfg"
"Fuck you, buddy! Leave me alone! I'm out!!!!"

This game is awesome Bowing I watched a little bit of this 6'5" dude play a walkthrough complete with facecam, and he was screaming all high pitched like a punk [Image: smiley-laughing001.gif] I haven't laughed that hard in a while!
I gotta get this game!