"OWNED" by Twitter Trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: "OWNED" by Twitter Trolls
(03-06-2014 01:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 01:01 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  I came here to express myself and I'm already getting shot down? WTF? Consider
That's because you didn't bother to read the forum rules before posting.

How am I "spamming?" God. Getting persecuted for my atheism is not what I had in mind while joining this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FreeThinker69's post
03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
(03-06-2014 01:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 01:01 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  I came here to express myself and I'm already getting shot down? WTF? Consider

Apologies if it came across that way if you are genuine, just it does seem a little bit suspicious. Especially as DawkinsFan420's first post was in response to you and you have both joined up at the same time. Hence the reason I suggested starting a thread about it. Every argument those kids have come up will have already been refuted on this forum.

No problem, but how do I stop them? I like twitter, and I like a peaceful debate, but these guys are tormenting me. I've blocked them, but they still come at me, telling me I'm "owned"
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
(03-06-2014 01:09 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 01:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's because you didn't bother to read the forum rules before posting.

How am I "spamming?" God. Getting persecuted for my atheism is not what I had in mind while joining this forum.

When you post the same thing in multiple threads and include blogs and other sites, that's spam.
When you do that red flags start waving, at least to me.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
(03-06-2014 01:17 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 01:09 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  How am I "spamming?" God. Getting persecuted for my atheism is not what I had in mind while joining this forum.

When you post the same thing in multiple threads and include blogs and other sites, that's spam.
When you do that red flags start waving, at least to me.

I'm just frustrated. Trying to get the word out.
03-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't know why it would particularly matter if all of them were atheist. Its twitter. I would try ignoring them.

Besides, how much of a debate can you have in 160 characters anyway?
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi there! Just for future reference, you might want to look over the things that raised some red flags so that you can adjust them and avoid raising more red flags in the future:

1. Spamming. Don't worry... starting a thread will definitely get the word out on these forums. The readers here are quite attentive.

2. Counter-attacking when someone has pointed out a rule violation. Not cool.

3. Saying the reason you're being talked to in this way is for "expressing yourself" rather than the very specific reason(s) mentioned (i.e. spamming)

4. Escalating it by accusing them of "persecuting you for your atheism" despite your atheism having no bearing on whether or not rules were broken.

These are just some hints for getting along on a forum that is trolled daily. You don't want to (accidentally, I'm sure) look like one of them. It's just that there are some very characteristic traits of trolls of many breeds. Trying to help you here. Smile

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 11 users Like Charis's post
03-06-2014, 01:42 PM
(03-06-2014 01:37 PM)Charis Wrote:  Hi there! Just for future reference, you might want to look over the things that raised some red flags so that you can adjust them and avoid raising more red flags in the future:

1. Spamming. Don't worry... starting a thread will definitely get the word out on these forums. The readers here are quite attentive.

2. Counter-attacking when someone has pointed out a rule violation. Not cool.

3. Saying the reason you're being talked to in this way is for "expressing yourself" rather than the very specific reason(s) mentioned (i.e. spamming)

4. Escalating it by accusing them of "persecuting you for your atheism" despite your atheism having no bearing on whether or not rules were broken.

These are just some hints for getting along on a forum that is trolled daily. You don't want to (accidentally, I'm sure) look like one of them. It's just that there are some very characteristic traits of trolls of many breeds. Trying to help you here. Smile

Thank you Heart
[+] 1 user Likes FreeThinker69's post
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM
(03-06-2014 01:31 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I don't know why it would particularly matter if all of them were atheist. Its twitter. I would try ignoring them.

Besides, how much of a debate can you have in 160 characters anyway?

I'm having visions of Jerry Walker trying to cram his incessant verbiage into tweets. Laughat

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
03-06-2014, 01:49 PM
(03-06-2014 01:00 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  They're wrong. Hitler was a Catholic who referenced God many times during his speeches:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

-Adolf Hitler

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

Mao and Pol Pot made Taoist comments about Heaven (mandate of) and Mao actually said:

Pham Van Dong: How are you, Chairman Mao?
Mao Zedong: Not very well. I have had a cough for some days. It is time to go to Heaven. It seems that I am summoned to meet the Good God. How is President Ho?
~Taoism and Mao Zedong

http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/37691432001

Now these are blog links 'cause I feel lazy, but feel free to cross-reference them, and the many other quotes provided by the Hitler source, including key members of the Nazi party, who were also Christian.

Just throw Hitler quotes at them. Catholics love mass murder.

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/europe/s...6939959324

I don't have a link to cite but all three killed quite a few scientists and intellectuals, many of whom were atheists.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-06-2014, 01:53 PM
(03-06-2014 12:51 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  Guys, I am sick and tired of theists trolling me on twitter. There's a group called the "#GodSquad" that's especially infuriating. Censored I can't stand it any longer. They keep telling me Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot are the atheist "trinity" which is patently false. I just want to make people think on that web site, but keep getting "owned" by these trolls. Angry Any helpful advice? Here's a picture of their "calling card" Please help me take them down.

I don't think many of the people on twitter are thinkers in the first place. The problem is an accusation can be made with 140 characters that can't even begin to be answered in 1,000.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post